Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey 30yo Mom needs new lease on life - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-27-2005, 03:45 PM   #1
AmyC1974
I am New

AmyC1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm new to SPN and I think this is a wonderful thing. As a single mother of a 6yo girl, I have receintly realized that I have put my heart and soul into raising my daughter to feel loved, secure and stable. Which is a great thing, but all the old friends just aren't around anymore. I'm hoping that there are some other single mom's and dad's out there that that are in need of some new friends too. I'm located in the Fall River/Taunton area of mass. Lets get together.
AmyC1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

BigBobby has disabled reputation

Hey,

I think that there are a decent number of people on here from Mass...if anyone would be interested in getting together (Boston maybe?) I'd be up for it.

I'm a member of the Boston Parents without Partners chapter, but the average age there has gotta be >40. A group where the average age was 30 would be better...

My son's 10yo BTW...

Later,
Bobby
BigBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:19 AM   #3
AmyC1974
I am New

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBobby:
[qb] Hey,

I think that there are a decent number of people on here from Mass...if anyone would be interested in getting together (Boston maybe?) I'd be up for it.

I'm a member of the Boston Parents without Partners chapter, but the average age there has gotta be >40. A group where the average age was 30 would be better...

My son's 10yo BTW...

Later,
Bobby [/qb]
Old 07-28-2005, 08:27 AM   #4
AmyC1974
I am New

Hi Bobby,
I think some sort of get together is a great thought. I guess we'll see who else does. I tried the Attleboro PWP chapter a few years ago, and just like your chapter the people were older with children that were grown and already away from home.
Thanks for the reply, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that others are interested in a get together.

~Amy
Old 07-28-2005, 08:48 AM   #5
zackmom
Learning to Surf The Board

zackmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I'm Kaylegh and live in Rehoboth.
Haven't been on this board in a while tho.
My youngest is a 10 yr old boy.
zackmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:48 AM   #6
zackmom

zackmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I'm Kaylegh and live in Rehoboth.
Haven't been on this board in a while tho.
My youngest is a 10 yr old boy.
zackmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:23 AM   #7
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Hey,

Well, 3 people is a good start...any more?

If we get over 5, I'll try to organize something that'll be fun for everyone...just see who comes...

Any ideas of whether you'd prefer a kid activity or an adult activity? My son is spending the next week with his grandparents, so an adult activity would be best for me...

Later,
Bobby
Old 07-28-2005, 10:10 AM   #8
HMCR
Parent on Board

HMCR is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by AmyC1974:
[qb] Hi, I'm new to SPN and I think this is a wonderful thing. As a single mother of a 6yo girl, I have receintly realized that I have put my heart and soul into raising my daughter to feel loved, secure and stable. Which is a great thing, but all the old friends just aren't around anymore. I'm hoping that there are some other single mom's and dad's out there that that are in need of some new friends too. I'm located in the Fall River/Taunton area of mass. Lets get together. [/qb]
I know what you mean, i am expecting and you find out quickly who your true friends are, i was out and about all the time and most of my friends didnt have children, I was an exception too at 33 now im going to be in the majority which means finding new friends, with children. the months have been hard, and until i am truly a parent i really dont fit in either group.
HMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:30 AM   #9
AmyC1974
I am New

Definately an adult activity would be great, but I can go either way.
~Amy
Old 07-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #10
HMCR
Parent on Board

yeah i can do an adult activity too for now
Old 07-28-2005, 11:07 AM   #11
HMCR
Parent on Board

thanks for the headsup Bobby before i try it. Im in Attleboro and a 30 yo group or those young at heart would be great.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:22 PM   #12
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Well, Sat afternoon would be best time for me...as in two days from now...would that be possible for you guys?

I'm thinking an outdoor activity...light enough to not exclude pregnant people...someplace south of Boston...

Edited to Add: I wouldn't mind more people responding though...anyone there?
Old 07-29-2005, 08:41 AM   #13
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Hey,

I don't think that we'd be able to get enough people together by Sat, and I'm going to Maine next weekend, so I think that this will have to be another time.

Parents come through here all of the time, however. If we could get enough to stay and form a group, it could really help us all I think...

Later,
Bobby
Old 07-29-2005, 08:41 AM   #14
AmyC1974
I am New

Unfortunately I'm going to need a little more time than that, my next few weeks are going to be pretty crazy. Big job coming in at work, lots of OT going to be available and I'm going to take it. Gotta get some school clothes, new tires before winter, and oh yeah, Christmas might as well be next month with how fast the time goes by. Maybe give some time for a few more people to get interested.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:42 AM   #15
AmyC1974
I am New

Look, same time. Imagine that.....
Old 07-29-2005, 08:57 AM   #16
HMCR
Parent on Board

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBobby:
[qb] Hey,

I don't think that we'd be able to get enough people together by Sat, and I'm going to Maine next weekend, so I think that this will have to be another time.

Parents come through here all of the time, however. If we could get enough to stay and form a group, it could really help us all I think...

Later,
Bobby [/qb]
im up for whatever-some place neutral in mass for all of us would be good too, im pretty free until my due date in oct, then i may be a little tied up Yeah a group would be good even a once a month activity.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:00 AM   #17
HMCR
Parent on Board

im up for whatever-some place neutral in mass for all of us would be good too, im pretty free until my due date in oct, then i may be a little tied up Yeah a group would be good even a once a month activity.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:29 AM   #18
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Quote:
Originally posted by HMCR:
[qb]im pretty free until my due date in oct, then i may be a little tied up. [/qb]
...would any of the ladies in the group like to call that an understatement?
Old 07-29-2005, 03:17 PM   #19
HMCR
Parent on Board

it is an understatement, well hope you al have a good weekend, let me know when something is in the works.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:42 PM   #20
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Hey,

What are you guys doing Saturday evening, Aug 20, 2005?

Later,
Bobby
Old 08-01-2005, 09:52 PM   #21
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Hey, thankfully you guys didn't meet up last Saturday! I was away. I am definitely up for a get together. I will be on "vacation" witht he girls that weekend but I have to find my mom/dad weekend calendar because I can't remember if we are away the weekend before the week or after (yes, one would think I'd have checked this by now but shoot life is a marathon these days, haven't got to that pit stop yet)

Are we talking kidless get together or with kids? (because that makes a big difference in availability)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 08:27 AM   #22
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Hey Sue,

We were planning on a kidless get together this time...is that a problem?

Later,
Bobby
Old 08-02-2005, 09:23 AM   #23
kg4333

kg4333 is an unknown quantity at this point

Single mother (26) of a 6 year old girl in northern massachusetts. Interested in meeting new friends. Let me know when you meet.
kg4333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #24
HMCR
Parent on Board

nothing on the calendar as yet-depends on the activity and if my prenant self can keep up with you guys what did you have in mind Bobby?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #25
HMCR
Parent on Board

Quote:
[qb] nothing on the calendar as yet-depends on the activity and if my prenant self can keep up with you guys what did you have in mind Bobby? [/qb]
see i cant even spell right anymore
Old 08-02-2005, 02:37 PM   #26
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Oh, I was just thinking of meeting at a restaurant and getting to know each other for the first meeting. Once we know each other and found out what kind of things we like to do, we could plan other activities (state parks, museums, movies, etc)...some of the activites could be adults only and some could involve the kids. It'd be like parents without partners, just a younger crowd.

I asked about 8/20 because it's a weekend where my son will be with his Mom. Lol...it is also my old wedding anniversary...anyone care to "celebrate" it with me? I can tell the hilarious tale that is my life...teenage pregnancy resulting from the first and only *** before we got married...the prom night where I found out my son was on the way...the very tense wedding...trust me, I can make the story fun and interesting if I want

So who's interested?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:43 PM   #27
HMCR
Parent on Board

sounds good im sure we all have one or two interesting tales to tell. ill mention it to another friend of mine who is becoming a single parent too. where abouts did you have in mind?
Old 08-02-2005, 02:52 PM   #28
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Well, on the weekend I was thinking a town south of Boston, seeing as how the interested people all seemed to be South.

Now that we have another Northern Mass and a Reading person, maybe we should just meet in Boston?
Old 08-02-2005, 03:06 PM   #29
HMCR
Parent on Board

well or would something in like randolph, canton or walpole area be more neutral im not too familiar wih the boston area
Old 08-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #30
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I'll be in NH and with kids on the 20th unfortunately because I'd really love to hear all about the anniversary of all the things that go with teen pregnancy!LMAO I'm pretty sure I'd have a drink or two... just to help the funnies along! (sorry, couldn't resist Bobby)

Do me a favor, and make the next get together kidless too because although I love to meet other peoples kids, I crave childfree restaurant food/drinks more than fresh water while stranded on an island.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #31
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Ahhh...that sux...check out my new post...

I'll definitely make the next one child free...I'm posting this on another board too.

If I can get 10 people, I'll be pumped.

Lol...if I get 20 people, I'll be worried, but still pumped.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:27 PM   #32
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

If you get 20 people you'll be having quite a party!

and omg if you get some handsome single men interested in a lady who had 3 kids in her small body in the same year would you please call me in NH so I can FLY on down?!?!?! (my minivan is actually Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the girls just don't know it yet) I have babysitting up there!LMAO (just not here, where I live, sensible don't you think)
Old 08-04-2005, 08:07 AM   #33
HMCR
Parent on Board

so any ideas yet bobby how many people do we have yet?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:23 PM   #34
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

scoutmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,
Just joined was reading the thread and would love a chance to meet new adult friends. I live in Central Mass but work in Boston and would be willing to travel anywhere. I'm a 30yo never married mom of a 9yo boy. Most of my friends have gone their own way and because my ex BF and I shared the same friends I really have to find new people to get together with. Even if it's just chatting on the computer. I love chatting it's just all the "hey baby, what's your sign" I can do without. So if you all don't mind another tag-a-long I'd love to come.
Cheers,
Heidi
scoutmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:09 AM   #35
HMCR
Parent on Board

Quote:
Originally posted by scoutmom:
[qb] Hi All,
Just joined was reading the thread and would love a chance to meet new adult friends. I live in Central Mass but work in Boston and would be willing to travel anywhere. I'm a 30yo never married mom of a 9yo boy. Most of my friends have gone their own way and because my ex BF and I shared the same friends I really have to find new people to get together with. Even if it's just chatting on the computer. I love chatting it's just all the "hey baby, what's your sign" I can do without. So if you all don't mind another tag-a-long I'd love to come.
Cheers,
Heidi [/qb]
Old 08-06-2005, 12:10 AM   #36
HMCR
Parent on Board

Quote:
[qb] <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scoutmom:
[qb] Hi All,
Cheers,
Heidi [/qb]
[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>where abouts in central MA scout? hope you can join us on the 20th.
Old 08-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #37
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

scoutmom is an unknown quantity at this point

"where abouts in central MA scout? hope you can join us on the 20th."

Well, I just bought a place near Mendon, I've had some bad experiences over the years so I don't give out too much personal info until I meet people face to face. Can never be too careful. I have a family thing at 5 on the 20th but I'm going to see if I can make it even just for a drink and a hand-shake or two.
Cheers,
Heidi
scoutmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 10:11 AM   #38
HMCR
Parent on Board

Quote:
Originally posted by scoutmom:
[qb] "where abouts in central MA scout? hope you can join us on the 20th."

Well, I just bought a place near Mendon, I've had some bad experiences over the years so I don't give out too much personal info until I meet people face to face. Can never be too careful. I have a family thing at 5 on the 20th but I'm going to see if I can make it even just for a drink and a hand-shake or two.
Cheers,
Heidi [/qb]
oh believe me i understand, i used to work in uxbridge so i know the area. hope to see you there
Old 01-28-2006, 09:16 PM   #39
lilblueberry

lilblueberry is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, this is an OLD thread but I just read about PWP. Holy ****, I could have posted this! I joined the Minute Man Chapter last spring and when my membership is up I am *not* renewing! I've only been to family and youth activities because I've never been made to feel welcome by the group! And twice when I went to activities where we were supposed to meet up I couldn't even find the people!

Going through these old threads I've gathered that the August meet-up didn't pan out but I hope people will be willing to give it another whirl!
lilblueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:16 PM   #40
lilblueberry

Erm. C-R-A-P is a censored word?!
Old 01-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #41
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Lol...although if you hadn't told me it was krap, I would have assumed it was something much worse...

I can't say that pwp made me feel unwelcome, but it wasn't really what I was looking for.

The group here did get to a drive in movie once, but that was it. Haven't tried anything since then...I know I've been pretty busy.

BTW- Welcome to the site

Later,
Bobby
Old 01-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #42
Lurch
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Lurch is an unknown quantity at this point

don't bother arguing the censored words, tryed that once when the d word made the list, you know hoover. it only left frustrated and having to say the word poo
Lurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:50 PM   #43
lilblueberry

Drive in movie sounds fun. Well, not in this weird foggy misty weather but in the summer or something! Did many people turn out?

Paul, I'm just kinda shocked on the censoring. Yeah, the notoriously "bad" words I get. But I have a little kid and I work with kids, I don't use notoriuosly bad words, really! I was reading on one of the mommy forums where a child is a thumb s-u-c-k-er. I thought that was funny. I can understand the concern with that word but here's a story about a little one self-soothing and it's censored. Oh the irony!
Old 01-30-2006, 06:06 PM   #44
Lurch

Can't fight city hall I suppose. I did one the night on thumb, the stuff you use to stop a child from sucking there thumb, too funny.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:06 PM   #45
Lurch

see it works