Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey need support - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-18-2005, 02:53 PM   #1
dsj2005
Learning to Surf The Board

dsj2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
i am a new single mom (currently separated for two months,) of a 4yr. old girl and a baby due in march. i live in tyngsboro and have been trying to find a single mothers support group in the area. i am having no luck, which just adds to my immense depression,this separation/divorce was not my idea. if anyone knows of a support group, please let me know. i have no childcare so that makes it difficult. anyone in my area in the same situation? I just turned 40 and am a stay at home mom. my life is a mess, can't believe that this has happened to me after 11 years of marriage.I was in a very fortunate position by not haviing to work and now my life and everything i had is crumbling. do not have any family in the area and am really having a hard time emmotionally. could use a lot of support. i might have to move to another area, due to finances, but right now am in limbo when it comes to where i'll be and exactly when.

thanks
dsj2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:53 PM   #2
dsj2005
Learning to Surf The Board

dsj2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
i am a new single mom (currently separated for two months,) of a 4yr. old girl and a baby due in march. i live in tyngsboro and have been trying to find a single mothers support group in the area. i am having no luck, which just adds to my immense depression,this separation/divorce was not my idea. if anyone knows of a support group, please let me know. i have no childcare so that makes it difficult. anyone in my area in the same situation? I just turned 40 and am a stay at home mom. my life is a mess, can't believe that this has happened to me after 11 years of marriage.I was in a very fortunate position by not haviing to work and now my life and everything i had is crumbling. do not have any family in the area and am really having a hard time emmotionally. could use a lot of support. i might have to move to another area, due to finances, but right now am in limbo when it comes to where i'll be and exactly when.

thanks
dsj2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 09:04 AM   #3
Ty's mom
Setting New Standards

Ty's mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the site, dsj2005. I'm sorry to hear about all of your troubles and the things that you are going through. I don't live anywhere close to you, and have never been where you are now. I really don't have any advice to offer, but support is something I can provide. There are many wonderful people on this site that would be more than happy to offer support and advice. I hope things iron themselves out and things start to look up for you and your children soon.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
tomany2count
Visitor

Hi dsj2005,
Welcome again. You have found a wonderful support group here and I know they will be of help. For now take one day and a time and things will fall into place. This is still so new for you. You will make it and get through this. We don't get more than we can handle and you can handle this. One day and one step at a time.
Lots of prayers.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:49 PM   #5
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

BigBobby has disabled reputation

Hey,

Well...I'm a 29yo single father...so I'm probably not *exactly* what you're looking for, but I do live down the road (in Lowell, next to UMass south campus) and I have been a single parent in this area for 4-5 years.

I recently joined the nearby Parents without Partners chapter in an attempt to meet other single parents. I'm a little worried about it, as I'm significantly younger than the other members, but it may be exactly what you are looking for. They have a party in Tewksbury this weekend, and a bunch of other events in the area. If you want to check out their web site it is http://www.pwp817.com/

...although don't count me out either I've dealt with an involuntary divorce, being alone and unsupported, and a lot of the issues I'm sure you're going through right now...I can probably relate better than you'd guess...

Later,
Bobby
BigBobby is offline   Reply With Quote