Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey any new england single parents here? lol - Page 4 - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-26-2005, 11:06 AM   #136
HMCR
Parent on Board

HMCR is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome SoxPatsfan!
HMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #137
kg4333
Learning to Surf The Board

kg4333 is an unknown quantity at this point

The drive in movie sounds like a great idea!!!!
Wish my daughter and I could go...having her B-day party tomorrow.
kg4333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:02 PM   #138
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

scoutmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow that is funny. What kind of dog? Mine is a Yellow Lab.
Yes, you can easily walk between the two screens. There is only one way in and out by car. The one thing that concerned me were the little girls. I'd really like to see the virgin movie but the girl's would rather see Valiant I'm sure and I hate to leave the kids to themselves and certainly not the little ones. Well I'm sure we can work something out once we all get there. Maybe I'll see if my grandmother would like to go and then I'd feel better about leaving the kids there then the adults could go run amuck.
scoutmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #139
Trasaris
Parent on Board

Trasaris is an unknown quantity at this point

Id rather not have my kids see the virgin movie. (Im really not ready to explain what that is to them)
I think I will be watching Valiant. After that im sure my little one will be ready to sleep and Im sure my oldest will be ok with Wedding Crashers. But being 3 and 5 I dont want them out of my site, not to be a party pooper. If everyone else wants to see Virgin, I can meet up with you after Valiant.

I will have an extra seat or two in my car, and I am hoping to sit outside and watch, so anyone who wants a spot is more than welcome
Trasaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:21 PM   #140
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

BigBobby has disabled reputation

I expect to be watching Valiant with my boys too....definitely not the Virgin movie...

The Wedding Crashers...have you seen that movie yet? Personally, I'm not sure if it's appropriate for kids under 14yo...there's a bondage scene that I remember being pretty graphic...particularly after it became a homosexual bondage scene...but omg was it funny...

Yeah...the only way my boys are going to be near screen 2 is in sleeping bags in the bed of my truck

Anyway, I'm sure it will all work itself out tonight...I'll give you guys a call around 7:00 when I'm near the drive-in...

Later,
Bobby
BigBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:36 PM   #141
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

How about Bobby and I park for wedding crashers because we can both be set-up for the little ones to sleep. I don't know what you drive Trasaris but your girls are welcome to lay down in the back of my Jeep later if you wanted to leave your car at Valiant and sit over at wedding crashers. I was going to set it up with a mattress for Michael to lay down in. I was going to try and bring his dvd player because I'm sure he won't sleep but I don't want him to see the other movies either. I'm sure he would love to play with your girls he's great with younger kids. We have two little ones the same age as neighbors and he loves to play with them.

Like Bobby said I'm sure it will work out, but I'm never going to get there unless I get my ____ off this machine and get out of work.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:43 PM   #142
Trasaris
Parent on Board

Thanks for the warning on that one. Thats another thing im not ready to explain

Thats sounds good, I will park at Valiant. Il try to remember to bring my laptop. It has a dvd player too.

Mine love playing with kids of any age. My oldest is sometimes shy around boys (hope she stays that way) but the youngest is a social butterfly. I know they will have fun.

They have never been to the drive-in. Come to think of it the last time I was I saw airplane
Old 08-26-2005, 03:30 PM   #143
HMCR
Parent on Board

ok im lost now what is the approx time and movie ?
Old 08-26-2005, 04:47 PM   #144
HMCR
Parent on Board

ok im going to try to coordinate myself, i am trying to do too many things at once, im supposed to go out to eat at 530 so if go home first and change and eat and hopefully get done by 630 ish i can get to mendon on time,its going to take me about 40 minutes and i was going to me Trasaris and go in with him and his girls, so i didnt have to pay and park myself. so i think i can get up there by 7ish. all i know is im exhausted and i havent even left work yet. or i can not go out to eat change, grab something to eat there and meet up. Hey after all this we arent going to leave at like 9 00 are we?

ok im signing off so i guess ill give a call to scout or trasaris as i head up there, so i can meet someone or find you all. ok ill see you guys after.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:08 PM   #145
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Hope you guys all met up and are having a great time!
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 02:07 AM   #146
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

Yes, we all made it. I had a great time and it was wonderful meeting everyone. Trasaris has the most beautiful little girls. Luckily little Bobby and his buddy had their gameboy's so we didn't have to worry about them being bored with the adult movie.
I hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. I'll be laughing about the night for awhile I'm sure. Good people. I'd really like to do something again soon so the rest of you better hold your calendars open.
Maybe we could plan a monthly get together or something. People could take turns finding things in their area.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #147
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Super! I'm glad it all went well this time around!
Old 08-27-2005, 10:54 AM   #148
Trasaris
Parent on Board

Me and the girls had a blast. Next time il have to remember not to leave half the stuff I packed on the washing machine!!

I would love to do stuff on a regular basis.
And I am glad they didnt move the drive-in on us!
Old 08-27-2005, 11:28 AM   #149
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Yeah, it was good to choose a place this time we were sure was still there

My boys had a good time, and I'm pretty sure the gameboys kept them from watching the movies they weren't supposed to see

I agree about keeping up with these...something regular would be nice...so does anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:43 PM   #150
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

Any ideas for another outing?

I went with my Pack to an armory and had a thought for one. Have any of you every been to the Medieval Manor dinner theater? It's a bit on the expensive side but no more than dinner and a movie, and it can be planned way in advance giving plenty of time to plan for babysitting and saving pennies or soda cans or digging in the couch (not mine I emptied that piggy bank months ago. They say you can bring kids but I've always heard that it was not the best place for the kiddies but I have never been. I've always wanted to go but it is best to go in groups. Safety in numbers I guess.

Here's the link if you want to check it out.
http://www.medievalmanor.com/
Old 08-28-2005, 09:06 PM   #151
Trasaris
Parent on Board

I have been there. Its about 40 per person. You would definately NOT want to bring kids there. It is better in groups. 6-8 is pretty good. Make sure there is a DD, everyone gets a token for a pitcher of beer, and they are big pitchers.

I was there a couple years ago and must say it was one of the funnies thing I have ever seen.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:29 PM   #152
SoxPatsfan
I am New

SoxPatsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so glad you all had fun! I'm looking forward to hearing about the next outing ~ maybe I'll be able to go!

(The other)Sue
SoxPatsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:01 AM   #153
HMCR
Parent on Board

hi everyone, was off the computer all weekend, i actually was out and about sat and sun, although getting home at 1 am fri well sat am exhausted me, since i was wide awake at 5 am-love that pregnancy insomnia, this am it was 415. had a good time, we should plan at least a monthly outing, although i may have to pass on the next one since oct may be a little hectic. ill know more when i go to the dr next week. ive ben to the medieval manor a couple times and its fun.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:33 AM   #154
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Hey,

I went to the Medieval Manor once...I didn't pay for it (it was a work outing), but I believe that the $40 price is accurate. It was fun though, and would like going again with non-work people. It's definitely an adults-only activity, however...keep me posted!

If anyone is interested, I plan on taking little Bobby to a Home Depot Kids Workshop on Saturday Sept 10th from 9AM-12PM. I've never taken him to one before, but I imagine they have the kids do easy wood projects and this one is supposed to have a Nature theme. The workshop is free and for kids 6-12. It's at the Tyngsborough Home Depot (right off exit 38 on I495). I thought it might be a good opportunity for the parents who live this way and haven't been able to get to an activity yet (kg )...

Anyway...I'm pretty sure we're going to go to it, whether it be alone or with others...so let me know if you'd wanna come...

Later,
Bobby
Old 08-29-2005, 10:38 AM   #155
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

OK so after gosh knows how many years of hearing about this place, could somebody tell me exactly what the Manor is all about?
Old 08-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #156
kg4333

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBobby:
[qb] Hey,

I went to the Medieval Manor once...I didn't pay for it (it was a work outing), but I believe that the $40 price is accurate. It was fun though, and would like going again with non-work people. It's definitely an adults-only activity, however...keep me posted!

If anyone is interested, I plan on taking little Bobby to a Home Depot Kids Workshop on Saturday Sept 10th from 9AM-12PM. I've never taken him to one before, but I imagine they have the kids do easy wood projects and this one is supposed to have a Nature theme. The workshop is free and for kids 6-12. It's at the Tyngsborough Home Depot (right off exit 38 on I495). I thought it might be a good opportunity for the parents who live this way and haven't been able to get to an activity yet (kg )...

Anyway...I'm pretty sure we're going to go to it, whether it be alone or with others...so let me know if you'd wanna come...

Later,
Bobby [/qb]
Thanks Bobby...for thinking of me

It sounds like you all had a great time at the movies...sorry to miss it.

My daughter and I have been to the homedepot saturday kids workshop - they are alot of fun(we've made birdhouses, benches, jewelry boxes). Little Bobby should have a great time! Thanks for the invite, but we will be away that weekend.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #157
Trasaris
Parent on Board

The home depot thing sounds like fun, but my girls are too young. Il have to catch the next outing
Old 08-29-2005, 11:49 AM   #158
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Sue: the Medieval Manor is one of those places where the restaurant is set up like a castle dining room. I think that we ate with our hands, and there were big pitchers of beer and wine for drinks. There is a show to go along with the food, where the king and the serving wenches (their words) sing and tell stories and get the audience involved. It really is a good time.

kg: too bad about it being another unavailable weekend...you know, you seem to be busy enough without us

Tras: Yeah, it's kinda for the older kids and it'd be kinda far for you to travel to as well...really, I wasn't posting this to be so much of an official outing, but to just to let people know that I'll be there on that day at that time...
Old 08-29-2005, 01:07 PM   #159
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

The Home Depot thing is a nice activity for the kids and best it's free. I have to work weekend mornings so we never get to go, but a know a lot who do.

Have any of your ever been to Tomb in Boston. We were driving past this morning and my co-worker was asking about it. I've never been but it's supposed to be kid friendly and much less expensive than the manor. The website is www.5-wits.com. It's right in Fenway next to WBCN. Most of us could take the train right in. There is a McDonalds across the street and a huge movie theater on the other side.
I too would like to try something monthly. Maybe even twice a month one with kids and one without.

OK I have been checking this Tomb site out and it looks like a bunch of fun. I'll be going this or next weekend with Michael so if anyone is interested in trying to meet up let me know.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:06 PM   #160
HMCR
Parent on Board

im game for the medieval manor, but id like to be able to enjoy it to the fullest so if we could wait a another month or so that would be great. im actually going to try to head to king richards faire this weekend or next. i need to remember to check into the free/discount passes i can get for the aquarium etc.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:03 PM   #161
anyasmom
I am New

anyasmom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I'm in central Connecticut. It's New England but seems pretty far from you guys. I'd love to get together some time but my daughter is only five so it would have to be something she'd really love in order to make a long drive. Hopefully it will work out sometime.
anyasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 11:30 PM   #162
Trasaris
Parent on Board

I live in northen RI and a couple others arent far from here, maybe there is something in between here and there.

I have 2 girls 3 and 5 btw.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:56 PM   #163
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

Hey welcome aboard. Conneticut's not far from me. I'm in South Mass. I have a boy age 9. I'm sure we will do things that would be worth the drive. Maybe you could give some ideas from your neck of the woods. Mystic always has some fun things to do.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:06 AM   #164
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Alright...now we just need some New Hampshire in here...and should we allow Vermont?

New England *owns* this board...
Old 08-30-2005, 03:26 AM   #165
jaydsdad
Setting New Standards

jaydsdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Good day eh! Any you neighbours got cheap gas I can take back? Darn near in Ontario and Quebec the New Hampshire/Vermont place is. Beautiful mountains. Awesome!

Sorry bobby...couldn't help myself...just had the most beautiful mountain images flow through my mind after reading here.

(quietly slips back over the border)
jaydsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:40 AM   #166
kg4333

I just wanted to put an idea out there re: something to do.

The Boston Children's Musuem holds overnights about 4 times a year. I believe the cost is about $28.00. My daughter and I have been to a couple of them and it is definately worth the drive. The next one is in October - we would be unable to make it (we will be in disney world), but just wanted to put it out there as very fun thing to do. I beleive the minimum age is 6, but I have seen younger ones there and older ones up to 13.

It is a blast!!!

http://www.bostonkids.org

(under programs and events)

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBobby:
[qb] Sue: the Medieval Manor is one of those places where the restaurant is set up like a castle dining room. I think that we ate with our hands, and there were big pitchers of beer and wine for drinks. There is a show to go along with the food, where the king and the serving wenches (their words) sing and tell stories and get the audience involved. It really is a good time.

kg: too bad about it being another unavailable weekend...you know, you seem to be busy enough without us

Tras: Yeah, it's kinda for the older kids and it'd be kinda far for you to travel to as well...really, I wasn't posting this to be so much of an official outing, but to just to let people know that I'll be there on that day at that time... [/qb]
Bobby - I always try to find something to do, for some reason I don't like staying home. Usually everything I do is just my daughter and I. I would like to have friends to go along with us on our outings.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:46 AM   #167
HMCR
Parent on Board

i told you bobby we have to see about making this site for New England not just mass so everyone can join in

i guess we have to check with the forum moderator or someone, dont you think it would make more sense? Does anyone know how we go about this?
Old 08-30-2005, 10:54 AM   #168
kg4333

Quote:
Originally posted by scoutmom:
[qb] OK I have been checking this Tomb site out and it looks like a bunch of fun. I'll be going this or next weekend with Michael so if anyone is interested in trying to meet up let me know. [/qb]
Scoutmom: checked the website - looks like alot of fun. does anyone know what the age appropriate would be?
Old 08-30-2005, 11:05 AM   #169
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Quote:
Originally posted by jaydsdad:
[qb] Sorry bobby...couldn't help myself...just had the most beautiful mountain images flow through my mind after reading here.[/qb]
...don't worry neighbor...you know, I actually wouldn't be surprised if I'm Canadian before I die...you guys are welcome here any time (unlike those good-for-nothing mexicans)...

Edited to add: ...joke! In case there's anybody misreading that...
Old 08-30-2005, 11:14 AM   #170
kg4333

The Medieval Manor sounds like fun - do we want to try and schedule something?
Old 08-30-2005, 11:39 AM   #171
HMCR
Parent on Board

well let me know when except i cant go until after the first week in october
Old 08-30-2005, 02:54 PM   #172
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

wow lots to catch up on here.
The Childrens Museum sleepovers are a blast. Also, unless it's changed recently, Friday night after 5 admission is extremely discounted.

I agree maybe we should go all New England.

The Tomb place says that the shows all have a G rating, but if your kids spook easily you may want to check it out first. They do everything from kids camps to corporate events so I really think it is an all ages thing.

I'd really like to do the Manor but would prefer to go later for budget reasons, but if we picked and held a date now we could have plenty of time to plan for it. I was also thinking of what Trasaris said about a DD and thought maybe if we did an early seating we could have our drinks and fun, then do some sight-seeing after until we sobered up for the ride home.

I had another idea as well. Before this thread gets out of hand, do you think maybe we should open a thread dedicated to group activities where people could post their ideas for outings?
Old 08-31-2005, 10:05 AM   #173
HMCR
Parent on Board

sounds good or just post for a particular activity like bobby did for get together on the 20th
Old 08-31-2005, 01:22 PM   #174
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

That's even better, that way when the activity is said and done the thread can be deleted so we can have more room for discussions on granny panties and underroos.
Old 08-31-2005, 01:29 PM   #175
Trasaris
Parent on Board

Quote:
Originally posted by scoutmom:
[qb] That's even better, that way when the activity is said and done the thread can be deleted so we can have more room for discussions on granny panties and underroos. [/qb]
Great idea, im still waiting for the granny panty/under roos thread!
Old 08-31-2005, 05:45 PM   #176
scoutmom
Board Blazen Parent

Here's a funny one we did at my old job. We taped it inside the bathroom door:

Poll question

How do you prepare you toilet paper for use? Do you:

A: Fold it neatly into a square.
B: Crumple it into a ball with lots of nooks and crannies.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #177
JessienAustin
I am New

JessienAustin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by lkellyhappy1:
[qb] I am new here and have been a single parent for a really long time. Just wanted to say hi and ask if anyone from new england is on here because I cant seem to meet any local single parents..LOL.. [/qb]
JessienAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:01 PM   #178
sistergoldenhair
Board Member

sistergoldenhair is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi am the single mother of a 10 month old living on the North Shore of MA. Just joined this website. Would really like to network with other parents.
sistergoldenhair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:22 PM   #179
Frosty
On the Board

Frosty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sister, I am a single mom in Maine. My children are 16 and 20. My son's girlfriend is from Taunton and my Pastor is from Dorchester. We have a few Mass ties. This is a good site to make friends, however, I have found that you have to stay pretty connected to keep up with it. What are you doing for T'day?

My son and his g/f just came in from college tonight, as did my son's best friend who lives with us. HE attends a Vermont school and he brought his g/f who is from Montana. So, we have a house full tonight, which is cool, because it is really quiet here when it is just me and my 16 yr old. She isn't here all that much (school, b/f, social life, play practice)

My cats and I usually hang out watching CSI!!

Anyway, welcome to the site.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:20 AM   #180
jon64
Parent on Board

jon64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!

Well it seems like there are plenty of single parnets in New England! Sad, actually. Parenting is not meant to be a solo endevour!

I am 41, male, have one 12 y/o girl full time. My ex died 3 years ago. Before that I had her 50% of the time.

I am lucky because it has not exactly been hard (my daughter is awesome and I have always enjoyed being a dad), it just gets lonely sometimes (typical gripe). I don't have time for a woman.

BUt I hope to do some chatting! That would be great!

John
jon64 is offline   Reply With Quote