Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey any new england single parents here? lol - Page 5 - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-28-2006, 09:09 PM   #181
lilblueberry
Learning to Surf The Board

lilblueberry is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi folks! I'm Laura, 31, live in Lawrence with my 4 -year-old son.

I hope you have more events because I'd love to meet more people, I've been in Mass. for nearly five years now but have only made a couple friends. I moved out here for my STBX's sake (he got a job offer he couldn't refuse) and all my family is in Arizona so it gets lonely...
lilblueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #182
AngiesMom
On the Board

AngiesMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all I'm Sue, from S. Attleboro living w/ my 8 yo daughter.

I also hope you have more events as I'd love to meet more people.

Laura - I spent time in AZ when I was in the AF and loved it. Always felt like going home when I got there. I hope to someday bring my DD there to visit.
AngiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:18 PM   #183
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Still in New England, but gone from Mass now. I used to live in Reading.
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:34 PM   #184
AngiesMom
On the Board

I'm familiar with Reading. I have a friend in Wilmington, used to spend quite a bit of time there before the separation.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:24 PM   #185
supplied01
On the Board

supplied01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi AngiesMom,

Welcome to SFV.

I'm on the Northshore in MA. Would be nice to have a get together with everyone from MA.
supplied01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:15 AM   #186
AngiesMom
On the Board

Thanks for the welcome Supplied It's nice to be here.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:15 PM   #187
Mother2BisMe
I am New

Mother2BisMe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Fellow New Englanders!!

I am not from Mass... I'm from Maine, but Maine was once apart of Mass. SO, I guess I can slide by with a comment in here. I'm pregnant with my first child, William... due to arrive in 8 weeks! Wicked Excited about that! To be honest I am looking to meet some single dads that are in my age bracket... someone to chat with who can see things from "the other side" Looking to meet female friends too! I'm not gender biased... Send me a line... gotta love to meet and greet!
Mother2BisMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:33 PM   #188
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

WICKED EXCITED MUST MEAN YOU ARE FROM AROUND HERE LOL! That is wicked awesome ya know!

(ok single mom here, but we sure do have fun even with the few poor dad's around here we harrass)
Old 04-07-2006, 10:34 AM   #189
Momtwokasnang
I am New

Momtwokasnang is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone I am NEW here too! I am 27 and this is my second time around as a single mom! I have an 8yr old Daughter and a 2.5 year old daughter! These girls are my life and I am going through a divorce and CAN'T wait for it to be over! i live in Chicopee Ma
Momtwokasnang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:12 AM   #190
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

BigBobby has disabled reputation

Chicopee...that west, isn't it?
BigBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:23 AM   #191
binarian
Setting New Standards

binarian is just really nice

yes, that west of us, Mr. Columbus
binarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #192
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

...I was born in Columbus...how'd you know that?
Old 04-08-2006, 09:47 AM   #193
Momtwokasnang
I am New

Momtwokasnang is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah its bascially on the border of Ct. 2 hrs from Boston!!!
Momtwokasnang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 11:38 AM   #194
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

hmmm...sounds like us East Mass people just found a place to stay for a Summer Six Flags trip then
Old 04-27-2006, 10:49 PM   #195
kclmn3
I am New

kclmn3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am a new member living on the south shore. I have 1 girl 17 and 2 boys 14 and 11. Been divorced since October and alone way longer than that. What a much happier life we lead!!
kclmn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:21 PM   #196
Slainte
I am New

Slainte is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, I'm a 33 year old single dad from Methuen, Ma. looking for events I can bring my 4 year old son to. Please keep me posted if anything comes up.

Slainte
Slainte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:37 AM   #197
BigBobby Male
Setting New Standards

Welcome Slainte,

Good to have some more Northern Mass people on here.

Later,
Bobby
Old 05-11-2006, 12:22 AM   #198
divorcedma
I am New

divorcedma is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by lkellyhappy1:
[qb] I am new here and have been a single parent for a really long time. Just wanted to say hi and ask if anyone from new england is on here because I cant seem to meet any local single parents..LOL.. [/qb]
I know the feeling and sometimes feel like an outcast being a single mom. But I am in desperate need for adult conversation especially from a single mom because she can relate. My babies are 2 and 4. Never thought I would be in this situation but will conquer all battles and not afraid to. I've been a single parent since my children have been born and adjusted the best way I can. I want to hear your input on being a single parent. Please, I would love to start a forum on this but you know time is of the essence and usually after 9:00 pm when I know my kids are asleep and my time is mine and is usually the only time I have. Single moms can relate. I would love to chat with you. Please contact me.
divorcedma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:51 PM   #199
GodsChild2
I am New

GodsChild2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am new to this site as well...
I have been a single mom for 20 years. I have never been married, my oldest son just turned 20 and my youngest is 14.
It has been a struggle (income wise), It is a great reward, but there are times that I get very lonely and feel like people don't really understand what it is like.
I am glad I found this site.
Thank You
GodsChild2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #200
maliqsmom
I am New

maliqsmom is an unknown quantity at this point

I am 24 yrs old. I am a single parent of a almost 4 yr old boy. I havent been able to get out much to meet people but would like some new friends in my area, with similar interests, and maybe someone who has a child around my sons age. Thanks for reading this post, and hope you will email me, and we could share our experience as parents
maliqsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:43 PM   #201
mamom9904
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

mamom9904 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I am new here.
I am a single mom to a six year old boy and twin (g/b) 18 month olds. My divorce will be final next month after being with the man for 10 years. We split up once before a few years ago, but tried it one more time and with no success. Like many here I have a similar story. I had to move back home to my parents and am struggling a great deal. My situation is a little different in the fact that I have a child that has alot of medical complications since birth who gets 20 hour a day nursing care so it makes taking him to his dad's very hard. Actually, he has never gone with his dad, just the other two. I am not able to work/go to school due to many hospitalizations he has and my ex does not make anything easy for me. He gets to go to school/have time for himself, date, etc. I would love to get in touch with other single parents. I live in Ayer.
Amy
mamom9904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #202
Berry2870
Board Member

Berry2870 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Amy,

Welcome to the best site I have ever been on. I hope that you have been getting familiar with the site and the many friends on here.

I have been off the site for a while due to my dad's death but I am trying to work my way to being back on here for at least a few minutes a night.

I live in Coventry, RI and I wanted to give you a welcome.

Hang in there - you've found the right place to share your feelings and find some comfort. It is great to get feedback from others who remind you what a great job of parenting you are doing. Even when things feel like it is all going wrong.

Hope to read more posts from you soon.

Deb

Quote:
Originally posted by mamom9904:
[qb] Hi, I am new here.
I am a single mom to a six year old boy and twin (g/b) 18 month olds. My divorce will be final next month after being with the man for 10 years. We split up once before a few years ago, but tried it one more time and with no success. Like many here I have a similar story. I had to move back home to my parents and am struggling a great deal. My situation is a little different in the fact that I have a child that has alot of medical complications since birth who gets 20 hour a day nursing care so it makes taking him to his dad's very hard. Actually, he has never gone with his dad, just the other two. I am not able to work/go to school due to many hospitalizations he has and my ex does not make anything easy for me. He gets to go to school/have time for himself, date, etc. I would love to get in touch with other single parents. I live in Ayer.
Amy [/qb]
Berry2870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 01:18 AM   #203
Alexis2496
I am New

Alexis2496 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I just joined tonight looking for single moms in the Boston area to chat with. My daughter is 8 and I have been a single mom for 3 years. Her father passed away a year ago so that makes things tough.
This site seems to be my light at the end of the tunnel.

K
Alexis2496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:47 AM   #204
Firefly
I am New

Firefly is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Alexis2496,

I'm a widow - eight years. My son is 11 now. It is tough going it alone, but parenting my son is a joy I would never trade :-) Do you have anyone you can trade babysitting with? I have found bartering to be a real money saver.
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #205
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Welcome, Alexis. I'm so sorry about your loss.

This site is a light at the end of the tunnel, don't know what I'd have done without it after my divorce.