Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Surprise! More snow... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-03-2009, 09:13 AM   #1
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Hey guys!! MORE snow. It started about an hour ago and is really cold and blowing now. Another 6 or so inches.
RIGHT in the middle of it I will be taking my daughter to the DR. FUN FUN
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
tripfour
Active Board Parent

tripfour is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I will be taking my daughter to the DR. FUN FUN
Who is this Dr. FUN FUN ? Did he get his license at clown college ?

Dealing with another storm ? It's been a he!! of a winter. Have a 2nd date yet ? And did salad man ever email back ? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #3
Alejandra
Setting New Standards

Alejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant future

Yeah, i wish i had an appt w/ Dr. FUN FUN right about now. LOL

Seriosly, though i hope your daughter is okay and be safe out there.

If the fetus you save is gay, will you still fight for its rights???

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~William Gibson
Alejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #4
comingup4air Female

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Hey guys! Yea...more snow. Pretty bad out there if you are south of the city. No second date since I told him I needed to concentrate on my court stuff right now. I still get a morning text and all. He said it was okay that I needed some space for now.
Salad bar guy didn't write back, but I am going to that bar again...a lot. He just smelled AWESOME!
Dr. appt. scared me a lot. They did a culture and looked in her ears, but didn't see anything. Sent her for a chest x-ray and that's when I knew something was funny. They came back after saying we were done taking them and said they just wanted to take a few more and the radiologist wasn't so chummy and light acting. Just sensed something. We went back and sat in the room for awhile and then the DR. came back in. Said that she wanted us to come back in 2 days (sooner if the fever keeps being high) for bloodwork and more tests. I asked what she thought was up and she said (in this quiet tone that drives me crazy) lets not get too excited. Her lungs and airways are giving us cause to want to take a closer look. The radiologist said he thought there was something on her lungs.
I just about passed out. But, I smiled and said okay and went thru the motions of leaving and getting to the car. Drove home SLOWLY. I thought I would cry and I wanted to, but I didn't want her to see how upset I was. I don't even know what to be upset over now! SO, court on Thursday and blood tests on Friday morning.
My friends say things come in 3's right...MY THINGS SEEM TO BE COMING IN MULTIPLES OF THREES!
I'm scared.

Idig is the backbone and center for all of us!
Blue lives where I want to live.
AM is the person who keeps me sane.
Lisa is the person who makes dreams real.
Natty inspires me.
Dad and Muskie restored my faith in men.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:56 PM   #5
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Did they elaborate on what "something" could be?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
comingup4air Female

No. I started to and she just said 'lets see what the blood tests say. No need to worry about it now.' I keep thinking I can research stuff online, but I don't even know what to look for.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #7
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Whatever you do, don't look up anything medical online!!!!! You will drive yourself insane!!!!

They probably are checking for pnuemonia and just see an inconclusive shadow and want to make sure it doesn't turn into anything. I had them scare me to death a few months age when I went in for a sinus infection and the told me they saw a "mass" in my sinus, (Don't remember if you were around here then or not), that turned out to be nothing. With the high temps they probably want to do bloodwork again just to be on the safe side. Look at it this way, if they though there was a real problem they wouldn't have sent you home.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
Jaylie
Active Board Parent

Jaylie will become famous soon enough

I can't blame you...I would be terrified!!
Where did you go...Children's?? Why on earth do they worry mothers that way! Let's see what the bloodwork says?...on FRIDAY? URGH!!!
I agree completely with not looking up anything online...you will only drive yourself nuts!!
Concentrate on snuggling with your precious angel, getting yourself in a mindset for court Thurs. and Friday will come!! My thoughts & prayers are with you both!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:12 PM   #9
comingup4air Female

Hey guys...I wish we could have done the tests right then, but we'll just wait and see how it goes on Friday. She's resting on the couch right now. We were at HVM in B-tree. The whole place was looking to close up with the storm.
This stress is getting me down.
I am so worried about my girl and court and having no money for bills.
I had some emails with my lawyer and a phone call today. Was gonna post it under legal.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #10
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

I feel sooo bad for you!!! As if bills and court aren't enough, now to have that sweet baby sick too! LOTS of hugs coming your way and I hope you both sleep tonight!
Old 02-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #11
Alejandra
Setting New Standards

Alejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant futureAlejandra has a brilliant future

Doctors will never speculate on what it 'could' be...and i agree DON'T LOOK UP ANYTHING ONLINE it will only make you crazy. Been there done that. They are just being thorough. Hold your little girl extra close tonight & know that we're all thinking about you during this incredibly stressful time.

If the fetus you save is gay, will you still fight for its rights???

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes." ~William Gibson
Alejandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #12
tripfour
Active Board Parent

tripfour is an unknown quantity at this point

You'll be in my thoughts & prayers too, will be hoping to hear good news from the doctor & court.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #13
comingup4air Female

Hey guys. Holding my screaming child while they take blood is NOT my idea of a relaxing Friday afternoon. Lots more x-rays. She is now on the pink 10-day antibiotic as she has a sinus infection, double ear infection, and a positive strep test. For some reason, Children's saw all this and my local dr. did not??? Children's also said that the problem with her lungs is too much mucus buildup?? We have an inhaler with this spacer that I can't imagine being able to get her to take. She is coughing so hard she makes this puking sound.
I did hear from my mom finally as she was curious about what went on with court. Other than that...I am tired. Been a long week.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

Poor baby! Hope you both feel better soon!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #15
comingup4air Female

Thanks idig. I'm just feeling really down and tired right now. Not really into 'chatting'. Maybe things will look better in the morning.

Idig is the backbone and center for all of us!
Blue lives where I want to live.
AM is the person who keeps me sane.
Lisa is the person who makes dreams real.
Natty inspires me.
Dad and Muskie restored my faith in men.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:31 PM   #16
comingup4air Female

Hey! Am in a little better spirits today. E's been napping for over 4 hours so far!!! Got lots done since my mind was going way too fast to rest with her. She is still feeling so awful.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:53 PM   #17
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by comingup4air:
Hey! Am in a little better spirits today. E's been napping for over 4 hours so far!!! Got lots done since my mind was going way too fast to rest with her. She is still feeling so awful.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Hang in there. My daughter is on day two of her pink stuff and is looking so much better. I went to the doctor on Tuesday with A, and he said at that time she had hand, foot, and mouth disease. Went back on Friday, and was told after blood and x-rays, sinus infection and pneumonia......why we could not have figured that out on Tuesday is beyond me. It's pretty crazy when your little has a huge fever and lays there limp, isn't it. Glad you are able to get some things done!
Old 02-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #18
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

I'm glad you are in better spirits comingup4air. Hang in there!

I hope that E and A are both better soon!!!