Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey If you're the praying type... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Religion / Spirituality

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 06-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default If you're the praying type...

Please pray for my grandma. It seem her time to leave this world is very close.

What I'm about to post is very spiritual to me. I do wish to share it, but I know that not everyone will agree. I'm not sharing to start a debate on religion or spirituality, so please if you wish to do that, I would ask that you start your own thread. Right now, I would just like to share my heart and to ask those of you who pray to pray.

My grandpa, her husband, passed away about 6 months ago. We were a little surprised that he went before grandma because, physically, he had always been so much stronger. Her physical health had been failing for quite some time, while he stayed physically strong. But he had been suffering from Alzheimers for over 15 years, and it really was a blessing to let him go home to the Father - to know that his suffering was over. His faith in God and in Jesus Christ his savior, was at the center of his life. And so his death brought me peace, rather than sadness, knowing that he would spend eternity in Heaven, and that he would never suffer again. And knowing that I would see him again someday.

And I have prayed for my Grandma. She went to church with her family every Sunday, but she was always very critical of my grandpa's faith. She ridiculed his constant prayers and when he would pray with us grandkids, she'd tell him to leave us alone - that he was acting silly. I love my grandma dearly, but as she got older, I really started praying for her. I didn't know what was in her heart - I know that she was a loving mother, a loving grandmother, and a good person. But I believe, as it says in the bible, that the only way to the Father - to an eternity in Heaven - is not through good works alone, but can only be reached through Jesus Christ, his son and our savior. And her criticism of my grandpa's faith throughout his life worried me because I want her to see him again - I want them to be together for eternity. So I prayed that even in her ever failing health throughout the past few years, that if she hadn't already allowed Jesus into her heart, that she would do so. Somehow.

Last night we got the news that it might not be long. She's been placed on Hospice in the nursing home, and will not be moved to the hospital for any reason.

And I started praying like crazy. Just praying that she'd find her way home, to my grandpa - her husband.

And suddenly I felt this peace inside of me. I can't even explain it in words and it brings me to tears even thinking about it. But it was just like my entire body, spirit and mind were just released from stress and fear and.... everything.

And in my head I heard these words... "Don't worry my lamb, your grandpa's taken care of everything."

My first thought was "my lamb"?? What?? I don't ever use that term... why the heck would I use it now? And toward myself....??

But I knew it wasn't really me talking. Even though it was in my own voice.

And I was suddenly clear on why my grandpa had to go first. He couldn't talk to my grandma from his body in this world. The Alzheimers had long since taken his mind and his voice. The only way for him to speak to her and to reach her heart, was from the next. The only way for him to lead is wife home, was for him to be there waiting for her, and showing her the way.

He has visited my mom and her sisters in their dreams. He has visited my own sister in her dreams. They were the hardest hit by grief. He's never visited me. Maybe because he knows I don't need it as much as the others. But I'm sure he's visited his wife. And when it's time for her to go home, he will be there holding her hand.

So if you pray, please pray she goes in peace. Pray for her heart - not her physical heart, because that's all but failed her at this point - but her spiritual heart. Pray she finds her way home.
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: If you're the praying type...

Awe AM....I cried when I read that. Really!! Hopefully noone comes by my work desk for awhile.

They will be together again. And your thoughts on why he went first touched my heart...
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I have goosebumps reading that. I think your right that was HIM, and am glad He was able to comfort you and your heart was open to Him.

You and yours are in my prayers, as always.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #4
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I am so glad you don't have to worry anymore. I'm sure you will see both of them when you finally go home. I was not sad when my father died because I knew I would see him again and he was released from his pain. They will be waiting together to welcome you when you get up there.

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow AM! That was beautiful. I will pray for your grandmother, to find her way home...
I dream about my grandpa every so often. He has been gone a few years now. One time, he told me he was ok...I strongly believe this means something. I always awake with a sense of peace after dreams like that.
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #6
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Thank you, all of you. I really felt drawn to share that, and I thank you for taking the time to read it and for extending your prayers.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #7
lyndz7 Female
Setting New Standards

lyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond reputelyndz7 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh am....huge prayers out to your grandma...

Tears and chills
Old 06-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Prayers out for AM, her family and her Grandma to have an open heart and she lets God direct her.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Sometimes things happen for reasons we don't like nor comprehend. Perhaps this is one of them? I know that sense of peace within when for inexplicable reasons, a weight is lifted and the fog clears. You received a wonderful gift in that moment. I think there are powers and forces at work here that exceed our ability to understand. Prayers for your grandma are the least we can do for you. Consider it done.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #10
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Praying away! Sorry I had to cut things short last night....... I feel bad now! But I will be praying away for Grandma...........

I sincerely belive that God gives everyone a last chance, even if they are in a coma, to accept the truth....I do. I don't know how to explain why I believe that, or have any biblical scripture to back it up, but I believe wholeheartedly that when we face death, there is something inside us that is allowed to see the truth clearly and accept it.

Your Grandpa was a wonderful man.

Your experience is a wonderful one. I love it when in our deepest and darkest hours, how God sends us comfort. Psalms 91 says that He shelters us under his wings bringing us comfort--- sounds as if you had one of those moments. I love that God gives us peace that surpasses all understanding! Keep leaning on him through this time.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #11
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSL View Post
I sincerely belive that God gives everyone a last chance, even if they are in a coma, to accept the truth....I do. I don't know how to explain why I believe that, or have any biblical scripture to back it up, but I believe wholeheartedly that when we face death, there is something inside us that is allowed to see the truth clearly and accept it.
The theives being crucified on either side of Jesus is the best biblical example I can come up with. If they could accept Him into their hearts in their final hour, and be welcomed into the Kingdom as Jesus promised them, surely there is always one more chance for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSL View Post
Sorry I had to cut things short last night....... I feel bad now!
Your daughter needed you, no need to feel bad.

And had I told you last night, I might not have been so inclined to share it here, which had led my grandma to be blessed with even more prayers.