Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey From Me To You - My Reflection - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Religion / Spirituality

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-10-2010, 12:03 PM   #1
a rejoicing mama Female
Parent on Board

a rejoicing mama has a brilliant futurea rejoicing mama has a brilliant futurea rejoicing mama has a brilliant futurea rejoicing mama has a brilliant future
Default From Me To You - My Reflection

Psalm 46:1 - God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in times of trouble.

(what we as single parents may say)

Dear God,

It's me again, I know I've called you a million times today - and I am so greatful that you listen and respond, however I have just a few more things to discuss with you. Everything seems to be crazy right now!!! At work, the people seem all to consumed in the better of the business and not at all caring about it's employee's, not to mention the co-worker who is constantly picking my last nerve.

At home my child (or the kids) are running wild, have scared away the 5th nanny for the month, have lost their lunch money and new shoes, and top it off, the youngest has now decided that they do not LIKE what I have made for dinner. I have been late to work 3 days this week, stubbed my toe twice in one night, and have forgotten what adult conversation sounds likes - but hey, at least I can tell you that I went to the movie theaters when Forrest Gump was playing!!! The mortgage is due in a few weeks, and just incase you haven't noticed God - this is trouble in the ever present!!!!

Please give me the refuge of vacation so that i can clear my head...i'm not asking for anything extravagant, I'll even settle for a few mintues of peace fortressed in my bathroom or even the shed - alone with a baracade of your angels at the door blocking any evil sound that would penetrate this awesome peace such as my teenage son going through a goth stage asking for the keys to the my vehicle or my tween asking if she can go hang out with a her friend lovingly known by the 'in-crowd' as "J-Boogie".

However when all is said and done I thank you for your ever abiding strength that keeps me going even when I feel I no longer can. I thank you for your strength that kept the refridgerator door closed so I couldn't open it and get at that strawberry cheesecake that looks soo good but is for the birthday party tomm! I thank you for your strength that kept the money in my bank account instead of purchasing that brand new set of power tools on display at Sears...cause we both know those babies would fit perfectly on the shelf I would have custom built for them in my garage!!

Amen - Oh P.S - thank you ever so much that my lunch tasted good today!

I took a minute and thought of how we can sometimes feel overwhelmed as single parents...with everyday life. But even in my repeated moments of stress or trouble, I always find that God is there, helping me along and renewing me each day so that I can continue to move forward and do my best to enjoy my life and make my son's life enjoyable for him as well.

One of my phrases that I kept from when I used to hang out with 2 good friends of mine is "Oh, Don't Worry, God's Got This!!" - So today I encourage you (and myself as well) to remember that despite the carnival sized balls that seem to being thrown directly at our heads - Know that God's Got This! We will get through this, We will smile again, We will not be destroyed or eternally overtaken by the current trouble we are facing.

So - do your best, and let God do the rest!

Best Wishes,

~Nia
a rejoicing mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: From Me To You - My Reflection

Thank you, Nia, for the inspirational and humorous post. J-Boogie......

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
Bella29 Female
Board Blazen Parent

Bella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportBella29 Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: From Me To You - My Reflection

Wonderful, Nia...and thank you