Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey My daughter started school today - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Through The Ages¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Babes, Children & Teens > Mid Childhood: 4 - 10

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-31-2005, 08:49 PM   #1
the sane one
Lively & Zealous Parent

the sane one is an unknown quantity at this point

I cannot believe my daughter is 5 years old and started kindergarten today. She was so cute in her little outfit, and her hair up. She was so excited, and was a little ham while we were taking pictures of her. She got on the school bus, which she has looked foward to for so long, like a little trouper. She has been waiting for this ever since she was aware that her older cousin went to school. She has aspired to be going to school since then. We held up traffic with the picture taking, and I'm sure the drivers of the cars going to work were p.o'd, but hey!! After she got on the bus, I drove away and started to cry. The first in many independant moves she'll make in her life, and not needing me as much any more. She did good though. She said she loves school, and had no problems finding her teacher, or getting on the bus after school.
I just have to get used to this new routine, and then I'll be ok. My stomach was in knots all day today, until I heard that she did great on her own.
the sane one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 08:49 PM   #2
the sane one
Lively & Zealous Parent

I cannot believe my daughter is 5 years old and started kindergarten today. She was so cute in her little outfit, and her hair up. She was so excited, and was a little ham while we were taking pictures of her. She got on the school bus, which she has looked foward to for so long, like a little trouper. She has been waiting for this ever since she was aware that her older cousin went to school. She has aspired to be going to school since then. We held up traffic with the picture taking, and I'm sure the drivers of the cars going to work were p.o'd, but hey!! After she got on the bus, I drove away and started to cry. The first in many independant moves she'll make in her life, and not needing me as much any more. She did good though. She said she loves school, and had no problems finding her teacher, or getting on the bus after school.
I just have to get used to this new routine, and then I'll be ok. My stomach was in knots all day today, until I heard that she did great on her own.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:37 PM   #3
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Awwwwww Big Doings! I bet she looked beautiful! My babes start next Tuesday.

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:16 PM   #4
accountingnut2003
Parent on Board

accountingnut2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hehe, sorry, not giggling at you. I can relate to this soooooo much. The day my first went to school, was the same day she turned 5. I felt like she was gone for sure.

I bet you were the most proud momma in the whole area. I am impressed you were able to let her take the bus. I had to take mine and then sat outside the door bawling. hehe

Congrats and you are doing so well. I bet she was so darling in her new school outfit.
Old 09-01-2005, 12:09 AM   #5
tomany2count
Visitor

Oh how sweet Sane One. I'll let you in on a little secret. It does not matter how many kids you have. Every time one starts school it breaks your heart while filling it with joy. I cry every time one starts. Although I have to take them for the first day and then let them have their way and ride the bus with the others on the second day.
I actually dread the day my last little one, she's almost 2, starts. I will know it is the end of babies for sure then.
Although I am hoping to have a great niece or nephew coming soon and I think I just might have to get my baby fix from that one.
Old 09-01-2005, 02:20 AM   #6
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Gabriel's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww,.....what a day. Glad she did well and enjoyed her first day of school. You should show us one of the school bus photos when you get them developed.
Gabriel's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:56 AM   #7
Thinker
Lively & Zealous Parent

Thinker is an unknown quantity at this point

Way to go Sane....you got her off to a great start. Thanks for the share.
Thinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 10:19 AM   #8
SPIRIT27
Board Blazen Parent

SPIRIT27 is an unknown quantity at this point

AWWWW...the frist day of school! It was hard for me b/c he was my only child at that the time. I cried after I left him. Of course he cried while I was there b/c he is just a very emotional child I had to hold back the tears and be the brave mommy. It was a good expereince in the end. He loved his teacher and school.

So I know who it feels. Great Tomany had to fill me in on the fact that it's just as hard to let your other children go. Now I have to cry all over again when this new baby goes five yrs later! OH NO!!

SPIRIT

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.J.F. Kenndey
SPIRIT27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #9
the sane one
Lively & Zealous Parent

I'll share a picture if any of you could help me to figure out how to get it on here.
Maybe I'll have to have another baby. Well, it'll have to be the "right" way this time.
She did good her second day too. She is soo excited because they brought her to the school library. She said I should come see it one day. Not stay, just visit. Ha ha.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:55 PM   #10
miss jes
At A loss for Words - NOT!

miss jes is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww that's great. I'm glad she's enjoying it so much. My son's first day will be in a few days. I think he has mixed feelings about going.

Let us know how she's doing AFTER the honeymoon period is over. It may be a whole different story. I'm sure she'll love it just the same.

miss jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 12:06 AM   #11
inni
Lively & Zealous Parent

inni is an unknown quantity at this point

tso, I remember this day with both of my boys... it's bitter sweet. You are so proud, and so scared at the same time. You can't believe how fast they grew, and yet how small they look to be going out on thier own.

Hugsssssssssss to you & I can't wait to see pics. I bet she looked like a little princess.
inni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:43 PM   #12
the sane one
Lively & Zealous Parent

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by miss jes:
[qb] Let us know how she's doing AFTER the honeymoon period is over. It may be a whole different story. I'm sure she'll love it just the same.

[/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was thinking about you Jes, because I know the day is coming up soon for you. I was thinking your son had started the same day.
I am wondering too about after the honeymoon period. Sara is so smart, and knows a lot of the things they are teaching this year already. I'm wondering if she is going to get bored.
It does seem like she's grown overnight. I remember thinking I had YEARS before I had to think about this. Time flies!!