Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Didn't think i'd ever be a single parent - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents Around the World > United Kingdom

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-29-2007, 12:16 AM   #1
Mom2Christians
I am New

Mom2Christians is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Didn't think i'd ever be a single parent

But here I am.

I'm Crystal, will be 24 next month and newly single mommy to three beautiful children. Christian (5), Anjali (2) and Jaya (4mts). Their Dad, my husband, passed away unexpectantly in January. So not only do I have to handle being a single parent, I'm *trying* to deal with my own grief, which I haven't had time to do yet. This is much harder than I ever would have thought. My five year old somewhat gets that his daddy isn't coming home but I don't think he truly understands he's NEVER coming home. The girls don't know anything, of course. I'm living in Georgia but i'm from Newfoundland, Canada and that's where i'll be returning to this summer.

I'm glad to have found somewhere and someone that knows what it's like because most days, it feels like i'm in this alone.
Mom2Christians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:25 AM   #2
Trey's Daddy
Lively & Zealous Parent

Trey's Daddy is a jewel in the rough

First and foremost, I would like to welcome you to the site. While I have no experience with a situation like this, everyone on this site is here and willing to support you. The family that is here, and at your disposal, is amazing and you have definitely come to the right place. We are all here if you ever need advice, support, or just someone to listen. Again welcome to the little corner of the web that we like to call SFV.

-J
"to be nobody-but-myself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make me everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting..." --e.e. cummings
Trey's Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:37 AM   #3
paulj_in_phx Male
Back From the Dead..Sorta

paulj_in_phx is a splendid one to beholdpaulj_in_phx is a splendid one to behold

although our situations are different...Most of us on here have had that exact same thought at one time or another.

It is normal to have incredible feelings of loss, grief and even desperation at times. You been thrust into a frantic and totally different situation than you had planned for you.

I could go on and on to describe the things you may be dealing with in the coming months ...but the main thing to keep in mind is that you can get through this, to focus on your children, get plenty of rest, and to just take one day at a time...even one hour at a time.

If you havent considered professional counseling, that is also something I would HIGHLY suggest.

As usual, come on here as often as you need, but WE cannot take the place of professionals.

Good Luck, Sweety.
paulj_in_phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 06:58 AM   #4
SupaMama
Board Member

SupaMama is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm very sorry for the loss you have experienced.

Welcome aboard.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:37 AM   #5
missabb
Board Blazen Parent

missabb is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome. Iam so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. While many of us here have suffered losses, yours is a pretty tall order. Nonetheless, we are here for you when you need us. Feel free to vent, share a laugh, ask questions, or just chit chat with us.

I do agree with Paul about the idea of grief counceling for you. Though we can support you, I think that you may need extra help consideirng your loss.

Again, welcome.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:15 AM   #6
kajunbaby
Board Member

kajunbaby is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, it makes me step back and look at my situation and realize that i'm lucky to have the people in my life! I'm not the biggest religous person, but one thing that i believe is that everything happens for a reason, I'm pretty sure that God gave me my daughter for a reason, she is my gift. God gave you your three beautiful little ones and gave you a heart that was built strong to handle everything that is dealt to you, Be strong, know that its ok to cry, and know that this site is a good place to vent, get advice and even just type things to get off your chest that you want to scream from the mountain tops! I hope you continue to post and let us know how things are!

Check out updated pics [url]www.myspace.com/niesey134[/url]

kajunbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:45 PM   #7
Shanta
I am New

Shanta is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I can't imagine what you are going through, I wish you love, peace and healing. I also have to say I am so impressed by your post, you sound strong and beautifully focused on your little ones, and not even 24. Take care of you, I hope you have support where you live.
Shanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

I just want to say Welcome. I am glad you found the way to this board. Your advise and your opinion is valued here and every member is special. I have been here 3 years, and trying to support others has helped me more, probably, than the support I get from the other members when I need it.