Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Me... in heels - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 40 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

MochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant future
Red face Me... in heels

So DD (18) played dress-up with me at the department store. I now own a dress, a skirt, and boots with a sizeable heel. We got a sweater dress for me to wear to my company's holiday party. I won't even tell you about the attempt to get me into SPANX. We were laughing so hard I thought they were going to ask us to leave.

I decided to break the boots in and also to get my co-workers used to seeing me in them. I feel like a freak. It's so not me. It's hard to walk in these things. My feet already hurt. How do women do this every day?

I want my scruffy old slip-on shoes and my elastic waist pants back.
MochaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Me... in heels

LOL!!! I feel your pain! And wonder the same thing about some women. Not my thing either! I bought a pair of boots that have a semi heel on them (the thicker kind of heel), and I wore them for a few hours and was about to die.
I love my new job where I can now wear jeans and a nice shirt. Tennis shoes, of course, are the norm.

I am sure you look beautiful thou!
Pics? We need proof!

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

That's right, where are the pics!! And MM, just LOVE LOVE LOVE the post about you and your DD laughing it up in the store. I bet you look HAWT in those boots. You will get used to them.

xoxo!!!!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #4
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

heels, schmeels, I just LOVE the part about laughing so hard with your kids.... and that put a smile on my face...

and yes i want pics, or we are ordering the surveillance tape from that store.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
mommarose Female
Setting New Standards

mommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond repute

I Love heels, just hate wearing them! I can't walk in them to save my life, . I think the women who wear them everyday started training at age 6, to desensitize their feet, .

Sounds like you had lots of fun shopping. I had my first "big girl" shopping experience with my daughter last week. She was actually choosing things, putting things back, and she chose my outfit too (we Had to match), and not just pointing out everything pink or purple in the store to buy, .

So much fun!
mommarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
zomom Female
Sweet & Sassy

zomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

LOL...it sounds like a great time! I recently was put in heels too, I wear them around the house but can never bring myslef to leave the house in them. I'm so unbalanced I feel like I'm gonna break my neck. Especially with Z, would never be able to run after her.

More than that though, I feel like I'm trying to be something I'm not. I wonder why we feel freakish in them?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #7
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Love that fun time with the kiddos!

My boys and I got to shop together at Cabala's in Wichita last Fri. We all picked out the same ammo for our rifles...

But we don't do heels.... (we did all hoogle at the gal in heels in the archery section )

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Dad how does one hoogle a lady in heels.....it sounds like fun. If she was in the archery section she may have made you quiver!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
Dad1st4boys Male

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM   #10
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

I have a holiday party coming up that J and I are going to. Just bought a black lace Adele style dress and some heels. I can't wear them too tall because J is not the tallest man in the world.... .
Old 11-28-2012, 05:20 PM   #11
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

SETTLE DOWN, MUSKIE!!!!

(right thread this time LOL)

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:34 PM   #12
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

My heels from the mid 80's are still in good condition, think they are back in style yet, or should i just sell them as retro-style?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:36 PM   #13
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

The kind with the little bows on te back that came in every color of the rainbow?

I haven't a clue if they are back....seems to be the really chunky yet high spiked heels now.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 11-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #14
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

settle down? i just asked Dad a question!
Nothing wrong with a lady in heels.......
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #15
zomom Female
Sweet & Sassy

zomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherBoard View Post
My heels from the mid 80's are still in good condition, think they are back in style yet, or should i just sell them as retro-style?
The term out here in the west is "Vintage" Just having volenteered at all the thrift stores I know ...lmao...at the last store "vintage" was double priced.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #16
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

MochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant future

You're all hilarious. Seriously, if you saw us attempt to get me in that thing, you would have laughed, too. That or cried....

I only have one pic of me in those boots--not the dress, though--that my boss took of me trimming our department's tree. I'll have to figure out how and where to upload it.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #17
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Sort of sounds all wrong, MM LOL!!!!!!!!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 12-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

She's a girl! And a friend! LMAO!
Old 12-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #19
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

And now you should thank your lucky stars DB is not here anymore! LMAO!!!!!!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 12-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #20
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Yeah, the girl and friend would not slow ole DB down. There would be all kinds of comments on that one.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #21
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re-Mom View Post
The kind with the little bows on te back that came in every color of the rainbow?

I haven't a clue if they are back....seems to be the really chunky yet high spiked heels now.

Hummm, vintage... sounds good...

RM yep, many colors. and designs...

I also have chunky Maryjane's from the earlier 90's when the were in style....
if i hold on a bit longer, they could be my retirement kitty...
Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #22
Dad1st4boys Male

If DB was here he'd be asking if you were wearing anything with the boots....

Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #23
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

Ok, it's the day of our company holiday party. I'm in my dress and high heeled boots. And....gasp....spanx. Can't....breathe..... Haven't fallen on my face just yet.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:31 PM   #24
Dad1st4boys Male

We want pictures!!

Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #25
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

....ignorance is bliss? What are spanx?
Old 12-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #26
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

I tried to put a pic of me in my profile. I guess it's not working. Spanx are miracle girdles, momofTDR. Squeezes a multitude of sins in! LOL.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #27
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Put it in an album, MM
Just go to albums above, and upload photos. No excuses!! Call me, I'll walk you through it!

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #28
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

I don't have permission yet to add an album. Guess I need to post more.