Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey I'm doing it! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 40 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-18-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

MochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant future
Default I'm doing it!

Well, God is providing! I swear He is.

My kids and I had nothing to eat but bagels in the freezer. (She works at a bagel shop and takes home the throw-aways when she can). I'm 100% serious. So out of nowhere my sister shows up with her husband. He's in the food industry. Worked a brunch and did an omelette station. They brought chopped up tomatoes, cheese, peppers, ham, sausage, and mushrooms!

My family is having its Christmas this coming Saturday. I have to bring 3 appetizers and dessert. I made cookies out of stuff I had at home and they look nice. Ran to the store at lunch to get the rest of the items. Scared, I got the cheapest of everything I MUST get. I had $24.83 in my account. It rang up $24.85. I asked the cashier to use $.02 then put the rest on my debit card. She looked at me like I had two heads. Whatever, she did it! And I did not charge anything!

We've been cash only. It's the only way I can ever get out of this debt. I have years to go but it starts with baby steps right? The kids and I are returning cans and using change for gas.

I printed out mad libs for my nieces and nephews for Christmas. As gifts for the adults, they all got a box of muffin mix from Dollar Tree with a label that reads "You're Gettin' Muffin for Christmas." Cost me $1 each. Ran the labels at work.

I'm doing it!
MochaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 03:07 PM   #2
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support
Default Re: I'm doing it!

These are all great ideas and thank God for your sister and her husband and your daughter. You are doing fine. Baby steps is correct, you took the first ones and they are helping immensely! Keep up the good work!

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Great news MochaMom!! You are one amazing mama!!! :-)
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #4
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Woo-hoo! Make that lemonade......

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #5
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

So glad to read that. It's not easy......but not using credit is a great first step.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:20 PM   #6
zomom Female
Sweet & Sassy

zomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

The best part is the change of momentum. Feeling good attracts more things to feel good about.

When I was down and out my bff worked at a cheesecake factory and she would bring the non perfect ones to me... I remember having a slice of strawberry margarita cheesecake 3 times a day for close to a week. Next it was a different flavor. Lived on cheesecake for quite awhile-
Took a long time for me to enjoy cheesecake again��

Sending prayers that the upswing stays steady for you.
Old 01-06-2015, 04:35 PM   #7
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

MochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant future

The holiday high is over. I'm back to the bottom of the barrel. Bills are overdue. Creditors are blowing up the phone. BUT... I made it through the holidays without charging anything. This won't happen overnight.

I have Lupus so taking on a second job isn't easy. I have a hard enough time making it to my first job. But, I started doing online surveys. I mean REALLY doing a ton every night. I can do them from home, on the couch, when I can. You know? It's not major income but it's something.

Hope everyone had a a great and . Excited to see how much progress I've made a year from now.

MochaMom is offline   Reply With Quote