Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey it's official - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 40 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-11-2014, 08:26 PM   #1
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default it's official

i just thought i'd post and say that i'm officially in the 40-something single moms now. LOL! (actually have been for a while)

I threw a big ole kid-friendly party at my fiance's house, with a bounce house and balloon artist and an airbrush tattooist, invited families and friends (there were 30 kids who descended on his house), and that he was a friendly and amazing host, kind of bowled me over, too--especially with 30 kids running loose with cupcakes at their disposal. but i figured, why not ring in the big 4-0 with some fun and happiness? Lord knows the end of my 30s was a big old pain in the arse, so while i had originally looked to 40 with some trepidation, i ended up being thankful for surviving and thriving despite the c-r-a-p and celebrating the loved ones in my life. <3
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:20 PM   #2
dangermouse Male
Board Member

dangermouse is a glorious beacon of lightdangermouse is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: it's official

Happy birthday, bluewave!
dangermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:59 PM   #3
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

It's only a number BW! Happy birthday!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I hear 40 is the new 30's from another thread here, congrats

you just lost 10 years
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:13 AM   #5
bluewave Female

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Lol thanks!!! I guess I should have posted earlier but it took time to embrace it!!!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Happy Youthday!! I was jsut as happy at 40 as I was at 30... and 50 was good too, it was 52-54 that was hard.....

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #7
momofTDR Female
Marja

momofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With SupportmomofTDR Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Sounds like a great way to celebrate.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #8
cf829 Female

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Happy birthday BW. Sounds like one ____ of a party!!!
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #9
mommarose Female
Setting New Standards

mommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond reputemommarose has a reputation beyond repute

I had a much harder time in my mid 30's. Im about to turn 40 in a week, and it doesn't bother me a bit Happy late Birthday
mommarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #10
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

For me, 50 changed something. Or maybe it's just cause I got fat right about then, . I didn't even think it was possible for me to get fat (I was always way too skinny and hated it) but I sure did!

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:49 AM   #11
mamaswan71 Female
Learning to Surf The Board

mamaswan71 is a glorious beacon of lightmamaswan71 is a glorious beacon of light

Happy birthday, Bluewave!!!
mamaswan71 is offline   Reply With Quote