Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey And the question gets asked AGAIN - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 40 - Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #1
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

MochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant future
Default And the question gets asked AGAIN

So a relative I haven't seen in quite a while asks "So, are you dating." *sigh* No, I am not. "Oh, no interest?" Um, if you mean me, no, that's not it. If you mean no interest in ME, that would be. I have not been asked on a date in five years. Thank you for asking such a personal question, making it awkward, and making me feel like ____... yet again.

Can I just run away?
MochaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:49 AM   #2
mustang2008 Female
Parent on Board

mustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant futuremustang2008 has a brilliant future
Default Re: And the question gets asked AGAIN

MochaMom,

Have you tried online dating sites, I did the free one called "plenty of fish"? I met quite a few different guys, got stood up a few times, and then met my current BF. I think that it is energy vibes that you are sending out.

I think, when you have introspected and processed your past and the role that you played in it long enough, your negative karmic energy chords are severed with your ex and your past. Then and only then do you begin to produce happy positive energy vibes out. When you begin to feel happy, alive and complete with love overflowing you will attract a positive, health loving man into your life.

So my question is, Have you ended the negative cycle yet?
mustang2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #3
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

My response lately has been I have a date night every 2nd wk end it consists of me and my princess going to the playground and then making a mess in the kitchen.
I have no time for the confusion a relationship would cause for my little girl.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:15 PM   #4
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Sorry they ask you about it. I don't date either for the same reason. But right now, that's ok.
Old 08-27-2015, 05:08 PM   #5
Norwegianwood Female
Learning to Surf The Board

Norwegianwood is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not dating too. I am 47 and my son is 14. I am simply.....you know.....fed up somehow. I am not attractive, not anymore, neither I try to be. I have suffered enough. All I want is peace..and a bit of money :-) sorry if it sounds cynical but it is true.

Anyway, who asks you this question is quite rude. Do not care about them.
Norwegianwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Sorry, MM, it's totally none of their damn business, and the questioning is rude and really a reflection of their insecurities and fears, rather than YOU. I know it's hard in the face of such nosiness--but this is what I tell myself when I have to face nastiness from people who i've learned spew nasty (i.e. my ex)--i can't control what they do, i can only control how i react...some days i'm really good at ignoring the bull , other days, the needles dig deep and sting like a MF. just know that you are and will prevail above the bull , simply because of who you are. you are the only person who can stick up for yourself, and deep down, hold onto the truth that you are a damn good person--you raised your kids, you hold a roof over your head, you are leaps and bounds a better person than those dumb p eople can imagine. so hugs to you. !! hang in there. you are not alone (even if sometimes we feel downtrodden and alone).
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #7
zomom Female
Sweet & Sassy

zomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Lie then and tell them yes. If they ask for details tell them it's none of their business. It's really not.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:07 AM   #8
whackedwooly Female
Parent on Board

whackedwooly has a brilliant futurewhackedwooly has a brilliant futurewhackedwooly has a brilliant future

I would say "Are you married?" or ""Are you dating?" Answer a question with a question!
whackedwooly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:56 PM   #9
happygal Female
Learning to Surf The Board

happygal is a splendid one to beholdhappygal is a splendid one to behold

ignore and run away... maybe start another conversation.... that will get the message across... mind your own bizwax...
happygal is offline   Reply With Quote