Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single mom in the military world - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Military Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #1
Lajoie4
I am New

Lajoie4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Single mom in the military world

Hi all,
I'm new to this site. I am a single mom teaching foreign languages at a DODDS school in South Korea during the school year and spend my summers at my home in WA state. I was active duty Air Force and so was my ex-husband. I got out when our first child was born and tutored part time. I have four wonderful daughters, 3 grown and one in high school. I was married 18 challenging years. My youngest was 2. I went back to work full time, filed for divorce and have full custody with open visitation for him. It has been a long journey, but I have survived and thrived. I hope to become part of a support system here.
Lajoie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
clown Re: Single mom in the military world

Sounds like an exciting job, and We look forward to hearing from new new members. We do have many military members, but as all single parenting goes, we get lost in our lives and busy. Make sure on top of the topic, where it says Topic Control its a drop down and you can subscribe to the entire Forum and will be notified when another pops in.

Well, gotta run, and hope to see you around and active. You'll find this is a group of wonderfully supportive ppl.

WElcome !
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #3
ceecee610 Female
Learning to Surf The Board

ceecee610 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Single mom in the military world

I too was active duty military and married to my husband for 10 yrs, with two lovely boys ages 10 and 11. We separated 3 yrs ago and the last two I was dating some one exclusively. I recently ended that relationship and trying to adjust to being a single mom. I moved from the east to west coast after getting a spot with the Guard. My ex was very verbally abusive to me and because of finances we continued to share a home. When I left my boys stayed there to finish school then they all recently move to the west coast (everyone, ex included) so we could manage joint custody. I hadn't lived with my boys for a yr and now they're here. Their dad is tdy and it's my first real alone time with them since they moved here. We're adjusting to soo much, me and their dad in separate places, being with me again and my recent break up from a two yr on off again relationship. They miss their dad, I'm suffering with heartbreak from the relationship. I just want to get back on my feet and I'm trying to figure out how I can.
ceecee610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
PrivateSchoolOC Female
I am New

PrivateSchoolOC is an unknown quantity at this point

I find military jobs very provoking.Even I would love to send my kids to military when they grow up.
PrivateSchoolOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #5
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Welcome to our Hide Out!!

I am retired Navy Chief Gunner's mate ( I did get an early Clinton retirement) and have been in Law Enforcement over 16 Years now.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
ceecee610 Female
Learning to Surf The Board

ceecee610 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey yall I know its been a couple of months but all is well here. I had my Senior NCO promotion board Sunday for E-7 and waiting on the results! Everything is going well just a serious bout with stress. All due to my ex. But I won't let that get me down! Onward and upward.
ceecee610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #7
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Ceecee --- Thanks for the update. My BIL is being promoted to E-7.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:54 AM   #8
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

CeeCee, we cheering for ya!!!!
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 12:37 AM   #9
Honey21 Female
I am New

Honey21 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats pretty awesome.
Honey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:14 AM   #10
raneeya
I am New

raneeya is an unknown quantity at this point

A close friend of mine lost her brother to a road side bomb in Afghanistan two years ago. He was 24 and training to be a medic with the Canadian Military. It broke my heart to attend a funeral of someone younger than me and I'll never forget what he sacrificed for our country.

amal
raneeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 03:45 PM   #11
MerryAnn Female
On the Board

MerryAnn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. This is so exiting job
MerryAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 08:44 AM   #12
boriss2016 Male
Banned For Spam

boriss2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lajoie4 View Post
Hi all,
I'm new to this site. I am a single mom teaching foreign languages at a DODDS school in South Korea during the school year and spend my summers at my home in WA state. I was active duty Air Force and so was my ex-husband. I got out when our first child was born and tutored part time. I have four wonderful daughters, 3 grown and one in high school. I was married 18 challenging years. My youngest was 2. I went back to work full time, filed for divorce and have full custody with open visitation for him. It has been a long journey, but I have survived and thrived. I hope to become part of a support system here.
My name Is Boriss Pozņakovs, and i work with the U.S Army.. Ever since we had this issue of peace keeping i have had a life of loneliness and lack of love.. Can someone who is interested in a man get back to me via my facebook page or through email on boriss.poz2016@gmail.com
boriss2016 is offline   Reply With Quote