Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Is it Legal to leave the state? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Military Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-23-2003, 05:24 PM   #1
ArmyMom2B
On the Board

ArmyMom2B is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm 12 weeks pregnant and my ex and I are both active duty Army. At any point either of us could get orders to leave. Once our baby's born will I be allowed to leave the state? I thought that if you had joint custody you have to stay in the state. How does this work if your military?

"There ain't no talkin to this man. He's been tryin to tell me so. It took awhile to understand the beauty of just letting go."
ArmyMom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 06:39 PM   #2
ArmyMom2B
On the Board

ArmyMom2B is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anybody out there who knows the answer to my question?
ArmyMom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 05:05 PM   #3
Summer Gallagher
I am New

Summer Gallagher is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by ArmyMom2B:
[qb]Is there anybody out there who knows the answer to my question?[/qb]
Different states have different rules on that. As far as I know the parent that has custody of the child can move anywhere as long as the other parent is given at least 30 days notice. Even if the custody is 50/50. I have joint custody of my son and he gets to see his dad for the summer, spring break and either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Even though my ex and I have joint custody I could move out of state if I wanted to. I hope this helps. If you're still not sure, go to our JAG office. They know the laws of the state you're in.

Summer
Summer Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 05:05 PM   #4
Summer Gallagher
I am New

Summer Gallagher is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by ArmyMom2B:
[qb]Is there anybody out there who knows the answer to my question?[/qb]
Different states have different rules on that. As far as I know the parent that has custody of the child can move anywhere as long as the other parent is given at least 30 days notice. Even if the custody is 50/50. I have joint custody of my son and he gets to see his dad for the summer, spring break and either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Even though my ex and I have joint custody I could move out of state if I wanted to. I hope this helps. If you're still not sure, go to our JAG office. They know the laws of the state you're in.

Summer
Summer Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote