Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey my son's dad want to take him from me - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> 20 Something Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #1
MommyMeg
I am New

MommyMeg is an unknown quantity at this point

My son's father and I having been fighting a lot we have been broken up since before Sean was born. But his dad will say that he coming over and never show up and after probably the 6th time of me putting my life on hold because he might come see him, I told him that we would have to set up a visiting schedule. After we fought about that for a whole day, he calls to tell me that he thinks that $400 a month is to much and he won't pay it. And that he is going to try and take custody of Sean. I told him I was going to the DSS department about the child support and that he could try all he likes to get custody but I won't let that happen. My problem is that I am a little affraid he might be able to get custody because of my mental history. I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia since I was 17, I'm now 22. I suffered from auditory hallucinations. I am prefectly fuctioning schophrenic but I'm not sure if it could be grounds for him to take Sean. However I haven't had any hallucinations since I got pregnant. I'm a good mother to Sean and my family tells me that everything is fine and that I'm doing a wonderful job. But because Sean's dad doesn't want to pay child support he wants custody. He has even told me that I'm a good mom, so it doesn't make sense why he would take him. Can anyone help me? I don't know if I should be worried about having Sean taken from me or not.
MommyMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
MommyMeg
I am New

MommyMeg is an unknown quantity at this point

My son's father and I having been fighting a lot we have been broken up since before Sean was born. But his dad will say that he coming over and never show up and after probably the 6th time of me putting my life on hold because he might come see him, I told him that we would have to set up a visiting schedule. After we fought about that for a whole day, he calls to tell me that he thinks that $400 a month is to much and he won't pay it. And that he is going to try and take custody of Sean. I told him I was going to the DSS department about the child support and that he could try all he likes to get custody but I won't let that happen. My problem is that I am a little affraid he might be able to get custody because of my mental history. I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia since I was 17, I'm now 22. I suffered from auditory hallucinations. I am prefectly fuctioning schophrenic but I'm not sure if it could be grounds for him to take Sean. However I haven't had any hallucinations since I got pregnant. I'm a good mother to Sean and my family tells me that everything is fine and that I'm doing a wonderful job. But because Sean's dad doesn't want to pay child support he wants custody. He has even told me that I'm a good mom, so it doesn't make sense why he would take him. Can anyone help me? I don't know if I should be worried about having Sean taken from me or not.
MommyMeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #3
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I think a judge would do what is in the best interest of the child and it sounds as though you've been providing a safe and loving home. I don't see why a judge would change that.... I honestly don't know though. I would hope that your parenting would be judged and not your mental history!

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote