Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey my son doesn't look like his dad - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Interracial Single Families

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #1
Visitor

my ex has a daughter (11 years old) and a son (3 years old) with me. he also has 3 boys with 2 other women. all his kids, except my son, look just like him. he is 1/2 mexican and 1/2 indian so he has very dominate features like dark skin, black hair, and very dark eyes. my son has very fair skin, hazel eyes, and light brown hair that almost turns blond in the summer. now my daughter looks just like him and so do all 3 of his other boys. because of this, he does not believe this is his child and i really don't blame him. not to mention no one really believes he is the father but i know he is. why does my son look nothing like his father? you would never guess they are related. has this happended to anyone else?
Old 01-04-2005, 01:45 PM   #2
Visitor

Turn on just about any Maury show and you will see your story at least 1 time every couple of days LOL. My ex's brother had the same thing. He had 5 kids by 4 different women. 2 are a few months apart, one looks just like him (as does his younger brother) and the other one looks like charlie brown with hazel eyes! Cute thing but no one believed his dad was black much less this guy (he is very dark skinned). The paternity test came back 99% this child was his and he had gone almost a year without claiming him.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #3
Visitor

Yes!
All 5 boys I have look just like their Dad with the bluest eyes you have ever seen. My daughter looks just like me with hazel eyes.
I also have a Mom in my daycare that the Dad is indian. 2 out of 4 are dark complected with dark hair and brown eyes. The other 2 are light complected and one of the twins has blue eyes. Go figure. They just got a different set of genes.
I have friends who adopted a mixed baby. Half black and half white. He is light complected(for a black) with blond and very curly hair.
If you and he are really worried put them to rest with a paternity test.
Best of luck.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:08 PM   #4
Visitor

hmmm...so this happens more than i thought. yes, a paterity test is something i always thought about just to prove everyone wrong but aren't they kinda pricey? sometimes it's a little embarresing when people say "that's his kid? he doesn't look a thing like him". as if i'm trying to pull the wool over his eyes. i don't care what my son looks like, he's the cutest thing i've ever seen!
Old 01-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #5
Visitor

I am glad he is the cutest thing you have ever seen. He should be!
If you are not getting childsupport and such the courts may do it for you. I am not sure about this but I know there are people here who do know. If he is in question you two can split the cost.
Best of luck.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:43 PM   #6
Visitor

I say to file for child support and let him pay for the paternity testing.
Old 01-04-2005, 04:31 PM   #7
Visitor

I am with Schoolmommy here.. file and let him pay unless there is a shadow of a doubt in your mind.. then split the cost.

Many children do not look like or take on the skin tones of their parents. Many children take on characteristics of relatives way back ... maybe even his..hmmm.
My daughter went through a brief period of about 2 years that she looked anything like her father. If her skin was just a shade lighter and she had straight hair, she would look exactly like the female version of my father. Dark skin, curly hair and ethnic features are not always prevalent.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:05 AM   #8
Visitor

My father was Puerto Rican. He was half black. As a result, I have dark skin and dark eyes and dark, naturally curly and coarse hair. I have two children . The youngest is obviously mine. Her hair is light brown and her skin is pretty dark and she has brown eyes. However, my oldest daughter has blonde hair and blue eyes. You can't even tell my children are sisters. I would have never thought in a million years I'd have a very fair daughter with straight blonde hair, and hazel eyes that go from gray to dark blue. I could even see my daddy not believing for one second that this is his grand daughter.

google the word 'genogram' on google. Once you understand what a genogram is, you will begin to see how complicated and crazy genetics really are.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:03 AM   #9
Visitor

I have four children. Three have the same father and are white. I was raped and therefore have a biratial little girl age 6. She favors her father who is black. I love her and so does my husband and all my family. I am just worried about how I can tell her her heritage always in a positive manner. Do I tell her she is a product of rape, never say anything about it? What about when she asks me who her daddy is? Please help. auntilil
Old 02-19-2005, 12:27 PM   #10
Visitor

My son looks nothing like his father but I had no doubtts. He signed the papers of ackowledgment of paternity at birth and then tried to argue the fact. I told him he could pay for the paternity test if he had any doubts. So he did and he was and he still doesn't pay child support (but that a whole nother story)...If he has doubts make him pay for it or if he never signed the birth certificate, take him to court for paternity and it's only like $25 which if he is the father they'll make him pay.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:37 AM   #11
Visitor

Hi all i have 4 biracial chilren, all have the same dad, my two girls have a dark olive complection with big brown eyes like there dad and my two boys have bonde hair and blue eyes like me so it does happen and it is quite commen, cheers jewls
Old 08-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #12
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

SandSMom28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: my son doesn't look like his dad

I have two biracial children, one half white and one half arab, and the half white one looks just like me but has not one strand of African American hair in her head, it is all caucasian hair but her skin tone is very tan but not dark, now my half Arab daughter had the HUGEST (.) eyes like her father, and his skin is white and so is hers and Im VERY dark, , but she is white as can be and is now 8 months so dont think its changing and her hair is VERY curly and dark like his. He has green eyes and so do his mom and dad and all 5 of his sibling, but our daughter didnt get them, b/c of this one reason he contested if she was his, so we took a personal DNA which (of course) revealed him to be daddy, Ive since filed support in which paternity was determined once again and he was found a 2nd time to be daddy. He still lies around our town that shes not his though, ....What a loser!!!
SandSMom28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

Billabong is a glorious beacon of lightBillabong is a glorious beacon of light

My son looks nothing like me . NOTHING! His dad totally dominated him in every way, but that's OK because he's a gorgeous baby.

Here's a comparison pic ..

And he seriously has doubts that my son is his?

I do get alot of people looking at my kinda funny like what am I doing with a white baby. And sometimes even I step back and think "Wow did you really come out of my body?"
Billabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:10 PM   #14
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
My son looks nothing like me . NOTHING! His dad totally dominated him in every way, but that's OK because he's a gorgeous baby.

Here's a comparison pic ..

I do get alot of people looking at my kinda funny like what am I doing with a white baby. And sometimes even I step back and think "Wow did you really come out of my body?"

Wow...I see what you mean...it's like God's saying "Honey, I shrunk her boyfriend!"
Well, only the outside of him.
He is a beautiful baby , and I'm know he is so through and through. Too bad Dad's attributes are only skin deep.
I know this baby has your good kind soul...from you he got what really counts!

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #15
Aarondud
Parent on Board

Aarondud is an unknown quantity at this point

It happens..to me! Lol I look nothing like my father my sister or my brothers. To this day family members still say things to my mom about it. Everyone else in my family has dark skin and I ended up with light skin and blue eyes.

It’s those lurking recessive genes I think.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/v...0004603219.jpg
I’m in the gray and green and my father is behind me. The other two guys are my brother minus the one on the far left. My sister is the one with the curly hair in front of me.
Aarondud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:48 PM   #16
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Very nice looking family, Aarondud!

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #17
Aarondud
Parent on Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmom View Post
Very nice looking family, Aarondud!
Thank you! I can take no credit...all to my mom and dad
Old 08-26-2009, 09:58 PM   #18
SandSMom28 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

SandSMom28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Chameleons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabong View Post
My son looks nothing like me . NOTHING! His dad totally dominated him in every way, but that's OK because he's a gorgeous baby

I didnt get to see the pic but your comment made me think of my 8 month old (who is half Arab) and his skin is very white and she came out whiter than him and stayed like that til the beginning of this month now she has very tan skin but his curly hair and big big () eyes. My firstborn is half white and she came out white too but now she is 3 and she is very tan, but both my children by the hair and eyes you know they are bi-racial. Im VERY dark though so maybe that is why they didnt stay too light for long. But with my 8 month old when I go shopping people ask me what my toddler is mixed with but they always guess Middle Eastern for my infant b/c of those eyes. .
SandSMom28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:04 AM   #19
Billabong
Board Blazen Parent

Billabong is a glorious beacon of lightBillabong is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My Chameleons

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandSMom28 View Post
I didnt get to see the pic but your comment made me think of my 8 month old (who is half Arab) and his skin is very white and she came out whiter than him and stayed like that til the beginning of this month now she has very tan skin but his curly hair and big big () eyes. My firstborn is half white and she came out white too but now she is 3 and she is very tan, but both my children by the hair and eyes you know they are bi-racial. Im VERY dark though so maybe that is why they didnt stay too light for long. But with my 8 month old when I go shopping people ask me what my toddler is mixed with but they always guess Middle Eastern for my infant b/c of those eyes. .
Yeah I took the pic down cause I forgot these forums are public. Never know who he might know and could be browsing!

My sons' skin color changes from white to tan but when he's tan hes still the same color as his dad who has an olive tone. He also has chocolate brown bone straight hair, his eyes switch between brown and green, he has his dads lips... initially I thought maybe he would be cursed with my families nose (I hate my nose!) but nope after about 4 weeks event hat started looking more like daddy's too!

His dad's genes must be awfully potent because his other son is the exact same way. A replica of my ex .. he and my son look like twins except my son is obviously younger and has darker features .. the older boy is very pale, has light green eyes and blonde hair.

I too wonder if someday my will change but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't because some of my genetic traits support the way that he looks. I do see baby me in him for a split second when he looks certain ways that's pretty darn cool.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:20 AM   #20
Marielle
Board Beacon Parent

Marielle is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarondud View Post
It happens..to me! Lol I look nothing like my father my sister or my brothers. To this day family members still say things to my mom about it. Everyone else in my family has dark skin and I ended up with light skin and blue eyes.

It’s those lurking recessive genes I think.

http://i669.photobucket.com/albums/v...0004603219.jpg
I’m in the gray and green and my father is behind me. The other two guys are my brother minus the one on the far left. My sister is the one with the curly hair in front of me.
Beautiful family you have there, Aarondud! Is your dad a rasta? Cool!!
Marielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #21
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Nice family. Love the picture.
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:12 PM   #22
Aarondud
Parent on Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marielle View Post
Beautiful family you have there, Aarondud! Is your dad a rasta? Cool!!
Yeah my dad got into the Rastafari movement about 25 years ago. He's a pretty chill guy.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #23
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Love the picture, too!!! Looks like a great family!
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #24
Nathaniel's Mommy
I am New

Nathaniel's Mommy is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm white & the sperm donor to my son was mexican. My son looks nothing like his sperm donor. My son has my reddish brown hair, hazel eyes and looks white. Nobody believes me when I tell them he's half mexican. The sperm donor also has a daughter from a different women, this daughter is 6 yrs old and looks nothing like him either. She takes after her mom too.

I think it is very weird that he has none of his features either. But I'm thankful that he doesn't.
Nathaniel's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #25
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

My child may not be interracial, but she has little to none of her sperm donor's features, hasn't since the first ultrasound. When I look at her I wonder if the dates could be off, I wasn't exactly an angel about a month before I conceived and even though she was full term she was very small 5lb 11 oz not like the rest of the babies in my family including me. But when I say to myself, "who do you look like?" the answer is pretty simple, she likes like her. Who cares what color hair or what color eyes. A parent is there for you when you scrape your knee, to listen to those horrible first instrument lessons, to change poopy pants, and give big slopppy wet kisses and gorrilla hugs. A parent isn't a string of DNA or physical characteristics. Agreed there are times when guys get hosed and the child is not theirs biologically, but I think if you ask most adopted children who their Mom or Dad is you'll get a similar answer the person who loved and raised them. Anyone who wants to deny the possibility of being the biological parent is just a coward looking for a way out most of the time. If they really want to know DNA diagnostic charges a fee of about $500 to get the answer. Checked into it because one of the gentlemen who was around the month before offered to be tested said he didn't want to miss out if she was his, but that's never happened. At least she knows who her Mommy is and that she is loved and wanted. When she hits her teen years, she'll probably die her hair purple and get colored contacts anyway.
Virgo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 06:03 PM   #26
emilymoore682 Female
I am New

emilymoore682 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your baby's genes determine everything from his skin colour, hair and nose to how tall he becomes when he reaches adulthood. You can found more information for those who want to know how will your baby look like.
emilymoore682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #27
MerryAnn Female
On the Board

MerryAnn is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice family and nice pics
MerryAnn is offline   Reply With Quote