Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Out of state dad and relationship advice - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Fathers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Fathers

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-24-2018, 10:02 AM   #1
lovingdad86 Male
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

lovingdad86 is a name known to alllovingdad86 is a name known to all
Default Out of state dad and relationship advice

Hi All -

Quick background: my daughter lives in a different state than me. My ex moved to a different state before our child was born. I do weekly skypes with my daughter and get her once a month for an extended weekend. It's actually a fairly nice system for the situation I'm in.

Topic - I've been dating a woman for the past year and a half. We have grown unbelievably close but have also had our bickering moments...one might say more than other people. The latest feeling I'm having is the guilt of not living closer to my daughter. I don't have any prospects workwise in the state she lives in and make a good living where I am currently that helps with the support. My girlfriend and I have had some very deep serious conversations about if we have a child of our own, she would not want to leave the state as her parents are nearby and wants that support system for a child. I can't aruge with that but I'm also torn that if I continue to pursue this relationship deeper, I will have 0% chance of ever living near my daughter. Granted, we would have a family of our own and I would always make my daughter a priority when it comes to going to see her.

Any advice? I am completely 50/50 on this relationship due to those factors. I'm also very scared I could lose the love of my life.
lovingdad86 is offline   Reply With Quote