Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents in the United States of America > Massachusetts

Old 08-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #1
BigBobby
Setting New Standards

BigBobby has disabled reputation

Hey,

I just had the best day in the world. I'm gonna have to write about it later, but man...I don't know if anybody else is having a good day, but my day has been perfect...

Later,
Bobby
BigBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 08:46 PM   #2
BigBobby
Setting New Standards

Hey,

I just had the best day in the world. I'm gonna have to write about it later, but man...I don't know if anybody else is having a good day, but my day has been perfect...

Later,
Bobby
Old 08-11-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
Harmony & Me
Setting New Standards

Harmony & Me will become famous soon enough

OH - NO WAY...
That is definately not allowed. well it shouldn't be.

Big Bobby Share, please
Old 08-11-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
BigBobby
Setting New Standards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iamHarmony:
[qb]Big Bobby Share, please [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, since you asked

First, little Bobby was so good this morning. Lol...unlike yesterday (he turned off my alarm so that he could play video games until I woke up alarmless)...he got up on time, got himself showered/dressed, fed the dog, fed himself, walked the dog, and then dusted his toy selves (his punishment for yesterday). He did everything without asking, however; it was wonderful. We got to the Boys and Girls Club right as they opened (unlike yesterday...uggh).

Work went very smoothly too. Some new things I just learned how to do suddenly got a lot easier, and it's giving me a huge opportunity to show off there. I got an expense check, and a letter telling me that I got a 5.5% raise! Not only that, but the raise is retroactive back to April, so I should be getting a nice check soon for that retro pay.

After getting home with little Bobby, I let him play while I worked on the house. I spent around 3 hours, but I've been getting a whole lot done since I started getting help from a Vietnamese neighbor that works harder than anyone I've ever seen. It's well worth the money to have the help/company while making the house neat and new. We finished a side of the house today; we'd been working on it for several weeks. We added an exterior door ( to the covered stairs down to basement), rebuilt a roof (with a different slope, style, and direction than the last one), removed a window (rental hazard), replaced all the damaged cedar siding (and plugged insulation holes that incoincidentally were under the worst siding), re-secured siding and countersunk all nails (old and new), filled all holes (nail and otherwise) with wood putty, washed with TSP&bleach until the mold all died, primed, and caulked every seam (just did that today). Really...I left out 10 other steps probably, but it is all ready to paint now, looks great, and made the hours I spent on it worth it.

After caulking today, we cleaned up the yard and we found a watermelon in my son's garden! Every year he plants seeds in his room, and then I put them in the yard in the Summer (well, I guess he moved them this year). This is the first watermelon on five plants that I'm letting take over the yard. Really, the yards mostly dirt from where I'm preparing to tear down a porch and pour a slab, so I'm happy to have a non-mowable plant take the yard over. And look at the watermelon! Isn't that the cutest little fruit in the world?

I wrote my first post as I unloaded the pic off of my camera. I couldn't write everything, however, as the pork roast I had cooking while we worked was ready and we needed to eat (a late) dinner. The roast with biscuits (roll out...I'm no gourmet), and () pineapple (hey...it's healthy and we like it) was awesome in front of the History channel (his choice while setting the table). Lol...I'm overcome with parentheses.

Anyway...I'm pumped...the weekends coming up...the 20th is the weekend after that...I just signed up to see the Spinners with Parents Without Partners...I have a girl that really wants to go out with me (as soon as I can find a babysitter )...

All in all, life's good...trust me...it isn't always, so I'm recognizing it while it is...

How are you all doing?

Later,
Bobby
Old 08-12-2005, 09:18 AM   #5
HMCR
Parent on Board

HMCR is an unknown quantity at this point

hey bobby can I have some of that stuff you stepped in Im glad to hear you had such a great day I used to have days like that-been a while, but they'll come again, as soon as the little one arrives!
HMCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:56 PM   #6
Harmony & Me
Setting New Standards

That sounds so great.
Wow a retro cheque how super.

The house sounds great, an upcoming date. Cooperative child.
LOL
yes I can certainly see why it was a great day.
Good for you! You deserve it.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:26 PM   #7
BigBobby
Setting New Standards

Thanks...and it got better! It turns out my neighhbor's daughter is still willing to babysit (she graduated HS and her dad said she'd stop).

That means I can get a date this upcoming week...I dunno if you've read the lovelines thread, but this is going to be my first time bringing someone back to my apartment. The babysitter will be here from 8-12. After 12, Bobby will be asleep and we'll come up...this will be the 4th or 5th time we've seen each other, and she found out about little Bobby last weekend. We'll see how it goes...

I'm pumped though...this week rocked...I wish that I had made a movie of it so that I could watch it later.

Bobby
Old 08-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #8
Re-Mom
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I read the title and figured, this HAS to be Bobby's post... not many people have "Wicked" good days as you know!

Hey, love hearing about the good days!

Wouldn't it be neat if we all got to know eachother well enough to babysit for one another!

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #9
Re-Mom
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Great News on the babysitter!

( I won't go telling you not to shave your legs or to wear granny panties, ok)

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 08-12-2005, 05:41 PM   #10
BigBobby
Setting New Standards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SueP:
[qb] Wouldn't it be neat if we all got to know eachother well enough to babysit for one another! [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Lol, you know, you can find some posts of mine about this sort of stuff from when I first joined. I was serious about single parents joining forces and becoming stronger than any married couple could hope to be......

A babysitting network would be wonderful. Days when one person would babysit for everyone could be cool too. Time and trust would have to develop for this stuff, however.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:43 PM   #11
BigBobby
Setting New Standards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SueP:
[qb]( I won't go telling you not to shave your legs or to wear granny panties, ok) [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE> uhh....

....huh?
Old 08-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #12
Re-Mom
Mainiac

See the "Corny" post in dating and relationships...... that should help your confusion, a little bit anyway

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 08-12-2005, 10:11 PM   #13
Harmony & Me
Setting New Standards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigBobby:
[qb] <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SueP:
[qb]( I won't go telling you not to shave your legs or to wear granny panties, ok) [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE> uhh....

....huh? [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh may what a day ( wiping tears of laughter from my eyes.)
The corny thread. now this too.
dear friends is the goal today to make me pee my pants?
hahaha
totally fun posts.
Ganny panties. - oh my I will never be able to shop in Walmart again without laughing hysterically.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:13 PM   #14
Harmony & Me
Setting New Standards

Enjoy the date Bobby.
Old 08-13-2005, 12:23 AM   #15
miss jes
At A loss for Words - NOT!

miss jes is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL It's funny I've never come in here before but I just had to read what this wicked day was all about. Congrats to you! As for the granny undies .. LMAO, that came from my thread. What a hoot to of read it in here as well!

Let us know how YOUR date goes..
miss jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:06 PM   #16
BigBobby
Setting New Standards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by miss jes:
[qb]Let us know how YOUR date goes.. [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Heh...that'll be none of your business

I'm having another wonderful day today, however. It was spposed to rain, but it's very sunny right now. It's hot and humid, but still nicer than rain.

My son has a friend over and they are playing. That's giving me time to clean a cage, change my truck's oil, and mop the floors. All in all, it should be a respectable and relaxing weekend.

Lol...and I found 3 photos to bring to the dinner next weekend. They are *really* funny, and they say a lot about who I am. I encourage people to bring photos to the 20th...we're really going to get to know each other...

There's 3 of us so far, with a 4th coming later. You know...it's not like I have anyplace else to go afterward...maybe it'll go later than dinner? Let's find out...

Later,
Bobby
Old 08-13-2005, 03:20 PM   #17
Re-Mom
Mainiac

I hope it DOES RAIN! (I'm sick of watering)

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 08-13-2005, 03:37 PM   #18
miss jes
At A loss for Words - NOT!

miss jes is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigBobby:
[qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Heh...that'll be none of your business

need not say more!

There's 3 of us so far, with a 4th coming later. You know...it's not like I have anyplace else to go afterward...maybe it'll go later than dinner? Let's find out... [/qb][/QUOTE]

3 and the 4th coming?? Are you expecting? I think I'm missing something here ..
miss jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 08:04 PM   #19
BigBobby
Setting New Standards

[qb] I hope it DOES RAIN! (I'm sick of watering) [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Looks like you got your wish
Old 08-14-2005, 09:13 PM   #20
inni
Lively & Zealous Parent

inni is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok. I feel left out.

Glad things are going well, Bobby!
inni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:08 AM   #21
BigBobby
Setting New Standards

Default Re: Wicked Good Day

Sheesh...reading through this post...I used to have such a positive attitude while getting **** done. I really need to get back to being like that.

Although I did just waste another hour at work it seems, by going through old posts on this site. It's very easy to do. All the old names.