Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Ladies, Worried! Could I be preggo? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 09-06-2013, 11:48 PM   #1
babymama3210 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

babymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Support
sorry Ladies, Worried! Could I be preggo?

I know I haven't been around in a bit because I've been super busy but I really need some advice on this one from the Mom's!!!

I have been in a great relationship with my boyfriend since March. He's amazing, loves my son so much and my son loves him, they have a wonderful bond and relationship and he is an amazing father figure to my son and I know he would take him in as his own when that time comes. He would make a great father. But I am not ready for another child and the time is not right for either of us yet.

(WARNING-sexual content not approved for the young)
So I've been due for my period this week. Last Thursday (not yesterday) I had mild cramping and totally felt like I was getting my period any day. Friday came and I didn't get it, I was happy because I had a sitter that night and was able to spend some rare alone time with my boyfriend. We had sex, protected at first and then it broke and we didn't have anymore on us so we stupidly continued and he pulled out a few seconds before and finished himself off. It was on time because he was outside of me a few seconds before he even started to finish. And I thought I was getting my period anyways. The last time we had sex before this was the 17th, protected, and probably right around when I thought I was ovulating.

The weekend came and went with no period or anymore signs of it coming. Monday night, lying in bed I started getting the worst cramps I have ever had. So bad I was hunched over in pain and could hardly move, the pain was so bad it was making me nauseas. I took some Advil and put a heating pad on and within 20 minutes the pain subsided. So I knew my period was coming. Now normally, before my period I get tender/sore boobs and sometimes some mild cramps. I never get bad cramps, and my periods are always rather light and last only a few days with hardly any bad symptoms (I know, I'm lucky with that). Period still didn't show. Then it happened again yesterday during the afternoon, the excruciating cramps out of nowhere. This time it only lasted about 10 minutes before fading away. I've never experienced anything like this! And I still have no period! It is never straight to the day, it always fluctuates a few days. So I should have already gotten it this week or it should start any day now but again I have no feelings of it coming.

The first and only time I got pregnant I knew it the morning I woke up. It's hard to explain, I just "felt" pregnant and knew in my gut I was. I also felt nauseas, light headed and weak, and was having random hot and cold sweats. I also blew up like a balloon, bloated and swollen everywhere from my face to my toes that same day. I took 3 tests that day and they all immediately read positive.

I have NONE of those symptoms I had the last time. I feel fine except for the random painful cramps. They felt like menstrual cramps but it is possible they could have just been abdominal cramps. The only other thing is I'm more tired than normal, but that is mostly to the fact that our new puppy is waking me up and keeping me up all night. I don't feel pregnant, I feel fine. But what is up with the cramps and feeling like I am about to get my period yet I still don't have it?!

Has anyone else had symptoms like this and found they were pregnant? Can two pregnancy symptoms be drastically different? Or is this just something else like my days are off, I'm stressed and not getting enough sleep and that's causing this (I have missed periods before from stress) or maybe I didn't ovulate this month and just skipped my period? Could that pain be fibroids causing this? Am I just over-reacting and should just chill out and wait for my period or is it really a possibility I could be pregnant? If anyone has experienced anything like this please share!

I told my boyfriend and he is freaking out and telling me to take a test NOW, I tried explaining it was too early for a test to give an accurate result but he doesn't seem to understand that. I told him if I don't get my period I will take a test tomorrow and tried explaining that even if it comes up negative if still don't get my period within the next week I will need to take another test and that test should be more accurate. But he doesn't get the waiting game with how this stuff works.

I don't even want to think about what I am going to do if I am pregnant! Right now I am just trying not to worry because I am not ready for another baby! I'd love to have another baby with him in the future, but not right now. Oh my, I'm nervous. I hope you guys can put my mind at ease but be honest with me because I need to know! I don't know how I could have let this happen! Or how it even could have happened because we have been careful! I'm praying to the period gods now!
Old 09-07-2013, 01:14 AM   #2
sdevine Female
I am New

sdevine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ladies, Worried! Could I be preggo?

I would go ahead a take a test. It could possibly show if you are. From what you are saying I do not think you are, but there is always a chance. They have early tests.
sdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

My sister says all her pregnancies are different.

What you describe though, is what I go through for my ovarian cysts.

I have read that you can get pregnant even after ovulation, and this is why it is so important to use protection.

So, I would take an early preggo test. If you still don't have a period within another week or so, I would have it checked out.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
babymama3210 Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

babymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportbabymama3210 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Yea, I am going to take one of those new early tests tomorrow, it's possible I could be anywhere from 1-7 days late. So hopefully it will show an accurate result, and unfortunately I am hoping it's negative. I always dreamed my next pregnancy would be planned, and I would be excited to read the results, not terrified like the last time. But things don't always go according to plans, especially in my life!

I'm actually having slight cramping right now, it just started a little while ago. It's not that bad, god-awful pain, just regular cramping feelings. So hopefully that is a good sign and it will come tomorrow. If it does come tomorrow I am going to feel terrible for worrying him for no reason, but it takes two to tango! And I'd much rather get it and feel relieved. It feels like its coming.

But I've been doing Internet research on it and so many women have said they had bad cramping for days and felt like their period was coming any minute but it never came and then they found out they were pregnant. I hope that is not the case for me!

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

LSL, does your ovarian cysts mess with your periods? This painful cramping was like nothing I ever experienced before, except being slightly similar to labor pains, like a 20 minute long contraction. It was bad and threw me for a loop. That was one of my first thoughts was a cyst or fibroid. I haven't been to the gyno in awhile and I need to go because I'm wondering if I developed any cysts or fibroids after having my son. My mom has endometriosis and fibroids, so I wouldn't be too surprised if I got them too.

Also my dad has Polycystic Kidney Disease, which is a dominant hereditary disease. I have not been tested for it yet due to insurance reasons and it being a 50/50 chance of me having it and if I do have it there is nothing I can do about it besides the preventative kidney failure care, such as keeping BP low, no caffeine, renal friendly diet, all of which I am already following. In women with PKD it is very common for them to also develop Polycystic Ovarian Disease, which is basically the same thing, a bunch of abnormal cysts on your ovaries just like on your kidneys. So I think I need to get that checked out now.

That's the other thing I was wondering if I ovulated late and the bad cramps were possibly implantation cramping, but I don't think that can happen as quickly as 3 days after intercourse. I just need to wake up with my period or go pick up a preggo test tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:19 AM   #5
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Yes.... If I am not on birth control, then they really, really mess with my periods. And the cramps are horrible.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Sounds cyst like to me too. But when people as if they could be pregnant my auto answer in my head is "Did you have sex?" You absolutely could be pregnant...the earlier period symptoms could have been ovulation symptoms in which case. Vavavoom yup. Take a test

Many women do not ovulate smack dab in the middle of the period cycle. I know I ovulate towards the end, the last week (well now that I'm old I know nothing about any cycles...it is a crapshoot hahaha)

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

In my opinion, there's really no time that is safe as far as not getting pregnant. Take a test. But it does sound like it could be something else

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #8
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Agreeing with everyone..if you had sex EVER recently then pregnancy is a possiblity. Only abstinence is 100%...or something like not having a uterous anymore....or completely severed tubes.
However, your symptoms absolutly sound like the bursting of ovarian cysts and it could be caused by ovulation....the bursting and subsequent extreme pain. In my case, it was usually caused by sex itself. Afterwards I would go through that, but I also got pain, though usually not as bad, when I ovulated on one particular side. Probably hurt but didn't burst one every time. Maybe none were ready enough.

Ovarian cysts have put me in the hospital at times. Hurt like ____!

However, they never messed with my periods. Fibroids and menopause did, but I don't recall the cysts doing that. Of course, that's just me. Doesn't mean that can't happen.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote