Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Single lesbian, need advice - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-29-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
KateM1984 Female
I am New

KateM1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
worship Single lesbian, need advice

Hi
I'm a single 30 year old lesbian and I need some advice on becoming a single parent, rather than waiting for a partner. I take medication for epilepsy and pain, so they need changing with pregnancy, so it's something that requires money, and a lot of time. If I wait to meet someone on top of that, I'm worried I'll be in my lay 30's and unable to conceive. Any advice would be great
Kate
KateM1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:33 PM   #2
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Single lesbian, need advice

Hi Kate,
I'm not from your country, so I don't know what or how you go about it in Australia!

I remember before I met my exhusband and had my kids, I was looking into adoption as a single parent, because I'm adopted to. I also know there are sperm banks here where if you're serious about becoming a parent, those would have been options, but for me, I wanted to adopt because of my background.

Have you checked in with your primary care physician regarding your medication? Are there alternative treatments for you if you wanted to become pregnant?

At any rate, I have no real advice, beyond: welcome to the board and good luck on your parenting journey!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 12:13 AM   #3
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Single lesbian, need advice

welcome KateM

The first thing I HIGHLY recommend doing is getting the book ''The Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Birth and Parenting''. I'll post some links below. It breaks down all of your options and everything you need to consider to have a child on your own. I can't even begin to tell you how difficult it is so if you decide to do it -- all the best.
Planned Parenthood does this type of counselling and they certainly wont steer you one way or the other. I would highly suggest, whatever way you choose, pregantation, or adoption, stay in contact with support groups and the road can sometimes be a loney path when your busting with emotions, issues, that you will want to share.
My biggest piece of advice is to keep open to all the options and situations you may not have even thought about! Smiles,

and keep us updated, would love to read your journey and be support to ya when needed.

resources:
The New Essential Guide to Lesbian Conception, Pregnancy, and Birth

http://astore.amazon.com/singleparen...ail/1555839401

Confessions of the Other Mother: Non-Biological Lesbian Moms Tell All

http://astore.amazon.com/singleparen...ail/0807079634
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote