Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Wanting to be a single mom - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Mothers ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Moms

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-02-2016, 10:15 PM   #1
bikerchick714 Female
I am New

bikerchick714 is an unknown quantity at this point
humm Wanting to be a single mom

Hi everyone. I'm new on here and just kind of getting a feel for everything. Anyway, a very close friend of mine and I are trying to get pregnant. We've talked extensively for the last year about a baby because I want one. I'm almost 30, I have a great job, a great support system and am ready for this next step. He, on the other hand, can't mentally, physically or financially have another child (he's over 50), but has agreed to be a sperm donor.

I'm curious as to what advice another single parent has. My mom raised me on her own, as my dad wasn't ready to be a dad and took off when I was 7. I know it was difficult for my mom, but she says she wouldn't have changed a thing. Life is different now though, and I'm just curious, as I'm sure being a single mom isn't a choice for some women.

Thank you
bikerchick714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:55 AM   #2
3Munchkins77 Female
I am New

3Munchkins77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanting to be a single mom

This could be a touchy subject for some. There are many single women, men and same sex partners who make this choice all the time.

Being a single parent is definitely a lot of work and you give so much of yourself to your children that your needs will always take a back seat.

Support systems will always come and go so as long as you know that you and you alone can raise your child to the best of your ability that's all that really matters.
3Munchkins77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:49 PM   #3
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Wanting to be a single mom

I would make sure you have everything in order legally. You never know, this man may change his mind and the whole thing could seriously backfire on you. Why don't you just use a real sperm bank if you are so well off to irresponsibly bring a life into this world just cause you want one and you think being a single mom is a cakewalk?

I realize my comment is harsh, but you are playing with fire and the child will get burned. You can think you have everything under control but a child changes the rules of the game. That great job you have, you may lose when kiddo is sick all the time and can't go to daycare, those support systems will get worn out, of course a parent wouldn't change a thing, we love our children. But it doesn't mean we encourage people to walk in our shoes and it is hard as heck to be the one and only provider and wear all the hats necessary to meet a child's needs.