Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey significant others - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-30-2007, 08:00 AM   #1
slim
I am New

slim is an unknown quantity at this point

I am relatively new here and would love friends. I have a weired dilemma. I am almost divorced, by a week. After nearly a year this past weekend my husband comes by and says he wants to get back togetehr, that he has changed and says he is homeless, can he stay here. Help
Slim
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
slim
I am New

slim is an unknown quantity at this point

I am relatively new here and would love friends. I have a weired dilemma. I am almost divorced, by a week. After nearly a year this past weekend my husband comes by and says he wants to get back togetehr, that he has changed and says he is homeless, can he stay here. Help
Slim
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:20 AM   #3
paulj_in_phx Male
Back From the Dead..Sorta

paulj_in_phx is a splendid one to beholdpaulj_in_phx is a splendid one to behold

Wow....uhm the likelihood of that being genuine, IMO would have to be proven over a long stretch of time.

I would expect that he would have to get himself completely back up to the expected self supporting husband that he should be, BEFORE you should even consider, reconciliation.
paulj_in_phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #4
Dad of 3 + 3 Male
Lively & Zealous Parent

Dad of 3 + 3 is a glorious beacon of lightDad of 3 + 3 is a glorious beacon of light

Like Paul said, he needs to prove it over time.

If he is homeless then he has made some bad choices and needs to think about that before he tries to get back into a relationship with you.

Don't feel obligated to help him just because he is the father of your son, talk to your son about what happens when people make bad choices instead.

Things Get Better with age ...
I'm approaching Magnificent

Dad of 3 + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #5
Harmony & Me Female
Setting New Standards

Harmony & Me will become famous soon enough

There is a saying about having to hit rock bottom to recognize the need to change.

It sounds from the brief post that he is near rock bottom and looking for you to save him.

Personally I would keep moving forward with your divorce.

If he is sincere nad gets himself back on his feet, proves he is working at being a stronger, healthier, more committed person, and if you are interested at that point then you could alwayus being again as a couple.

just a little input from the sidelines.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
Single Mom Needing Advice
I am New

Single Mom Needing Advice is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with everyone. Don't think it is your responsibility to save him for the sake of your kids.

Tell him that he needs to work on himself and get his life together before he wants to be a part of yours again. Because from your post it seems like he's only seeking you out because he needs something. Otherwise why did it take an entire year to come to this decision. Why wait until he's homeless??
Single Mom Needing Advice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 PM   #7
a lampathakis
I am New

a lampathakis is an unknown quantity at this point

hey girl, I am 41 years old. I am a giver and always will be. But the older I get, the more I know and notice my wisdom. NOT to say I know it all....Lets say you take the chance for whatever reason....picture this....he leaves again and the ONLY one that truly suffers is your child. I should not have to say anymore. Your child comes first and if he truly loves you and wants to come back, he MUST prove it to you. I was in your position and I gave in and my babies were the ones too loose. I wish you the very best. Be Brilliant, be wise be honest to yourself and it will all work out.
a lampathakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:46 PM   #8
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

Tessmit is an unknown quantity at this point

Slim,

I hope things have worked out for you. If you did let him back, I hope he's contributing instead of depleating from you.
Tessmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:25 AM   #9
hi
Parent on Board

hi is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with everyone else on this. Keep us updated on how things go. We all know that it is hard to deny someone when the heart is involved. be strong and welcome!
hi is offline   Reply With Quote