Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey New Here - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-23-2007, 09:43 AM   #1
seekay70
I am New

seekay70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok here goes....I am 36 years old on my second marriage. I have 3 beautiful boys and a soon to be ex that gives his "substancs" more attention than his wife and kids. After several yeears of mental and physical abuse I pretty much decided that the marriage was over. I stuck around hoping that he would change for the sake of our kids but......nope. I went to take the kid to the grocery store when he picked up a baseball bat and told me we were not going to go to the store. Well of course I managed to get out of the house with th kids where he poceeded to chase us out of the yard with the bat....my kids screaming and crying, when I called 911. It was at that point that I decided that my kids lives were being destroyed by their father and in order to let them live normally I needed to go. I told him that I was leaving and taking the boys with me. He says that he will never lay eyes on them again because "you are like all other women". I moved 1600 miles away and am hoping to get my kids into somewhat of a normal life. I do not want another relationship because I am afraid of what it will bring, although I know that not all men are the same, I figure I didnt make it through 2 marriages why try for a 3rd. I guess I need some me time and some mommy time. Anyways that is my story and I apologize for ranting on as I did and hope to enjoy and read or get advice from any that wish to throw it my way.
seekay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
smshybug
At A loss for Words - NOT!

smshybug is an unknown quantity at this point

Sherry,

Dont every feel sorry for posting here. There are posting that are 4xs as big as yours and some only one sentence or so.

I am sorry for your situation and I am glad that you got away from the abuse, that is never good for anyone.
smshybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:39 AM   #3
deter716
Learning to Surf The Board

deter716 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome! Sorry to hear what you and your kids went thru but I am glad to hear you were able to get away!
deter716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:07 PM   #4
Jen Hawaii
Parent on Board

Jen Hawaii is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya and welcome.
Its great here.
Where in Kansas are you? I was raised in Junction City and my mom and brother still live there.
Jen Hawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
Blkbeauty
On the Board

Blkbeauty is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to sfv and dont be afraid to vent we are all here for you to listen and all..well hope all goes well with you and your kids
Blkbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
Singleparentcoach
Setting New Standards

Singleparentcoach is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum Sherry...
Singleparentcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:08 PM   #7
wish_i_may
Parent on Board

wish_i_may is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome!!! I am glad you and your kids made it out of that situation.
wish_i_may is offline   Reply With Quote