Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey You know who you are.... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 07-14-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support
woot You know who you are....

But I'll list ya....this is for LSL, DALI, BD, Blue, idig, Natty, AM....

You are all amazing people. Seriously. You made me cry!! But in a good way. I don't even know what to say, but thanks. I was looking through the box with E and she was SO funny...kept oooohing and aaaahing over the clothes and those pink SHOES!!! Loved those. Picture her standing on a chair, leaning into the box and handing me things one-by-one. She gave me the card at the end and while I was reading it I cried and she didn't know what was going on and then she said, "Look Mom...don't cry....there's still more in there!!" She's awesome.
Honestly, I had started to stress again and wonder how I was going to be back to cereal 2 times a day if this really kept going on the way it was with bozo....and the g-cards and going to be SO helpful. I was floored with your generosity and I am so grateful to you all. It's more than family and friends here at home have done for me....that's for sure. I love this place and you guys.....seriously. :biggrin_wink:
WOOHOO!!!

Idig is the backbone and center for all of us!
Blue lives where I want to live.
AM is the person who keeps me sane.
Lisa is the person who makes dreams real.
Natty inspires me.
Dad and Muskie restored my faith in men.
*Favorite quote from Blue: Sometimes being smart just means you can justify things to yourself more creatively- and better fool others into enabling you.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: You know who you are....

Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #3
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Yes, there are some pretty amazing people on this site!

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

so....does this mean you are a stripper? AM told me she was doing this to get a stripper at the fall meet up...
Bubba'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #5
comingup4air Female

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

No, not a stripper.....sorry BD. But, she's smart to try that 'incentive' with the likes of you!!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #6
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba'sDad View Post
so....does this mean you are a stripper? AM told me she was doing this to get a stripper at the fall meet up...
That's funny!!

CU4A... you deserved a little bit of a break after all the ____ the ex has put you through. And we were honored to be able to help you out!
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #7
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Love you! ((((Hugs))))
Old 07-14-2009, 10:17 AM   #8
comingup4air Female

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmichele07 View Post
CU4A... you deserved a little bit of a break after all the ____ the ex has put you through. And we were honored to be able to help you out!
I am still smiling thinking about how awesome it was to get that package and how NICE and caring you all are. I'll never forget it. EVER.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:25 AM   #9
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Oh, and about those pink shoes... I LOVE those shoes! I ordered 2 different sizes from Children's Place, not knowing which one my daughter would wear with the intention of returning the one that didn't fit. Then I realized they'd fit E, so I just kept them. Same thing with the dress from Children's Place (the white cotton one with the funky shapes on it...) I don't remember if I left the tags on that one or not, but it's brand new too... and our daughters have matching shoes AND matching dresses now! Not that they'd really go together...

ETA: Oh, and did you read the tree book?? Because that made me cry!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #10
comingup4air Female

She's wearing the sundress today!!! She LOVES it! We were desperate for shorts, too and 3 arrived in her exact size! I just can't explain what it was like looking at everything. SHE NEEDED things and I was trying to decide what to do about it!!! That's why I cried, too....it's like it all 'appeared' when we really needed it. And the cards.....I thought instantly of groceries and new sneakers for her....AAAHH....I can't think about it all right now or I'll cry at my desk.
Didn't have time to look at the books yet, but I will!!

Last edited by comingup4air; 07-14-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #11
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

I might have a few more shorts. Some of the ones I bought for this year ended up being too small for her and I never bothered to return them. They're probably still in her drawer... I'll look!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
comingup4air Female

OH......you're killin' me...
Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ETA: Oh, and did you read the tree book?? Because that made me cry!
AM, what was the name of the tree book? Sounds like something I might like.

C4A, glad to see we could all put a smile on your face, you and E. You deserve it both.

A big special thanks out to AM
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #14
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post

A big special thanks out to AM

Hear, hear! She did all the "work".
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:47 AM   #15
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmom View Post
Hear, hear! She did all the "work".
Nah, I just solicited money from strangers over the internet... nothing out of the ordinary for me.

Actually, all of you deserve a bigger pat on the back, for putting your trust in me by sending me your donations. You were all very generous and I'm proud to be a part of such an amazing group of people.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #16
comingup4air Female

Quote:
Actually, all of you deserve a bigger pat on the back, for putting your trust in me by sending me your donations. You were all very generous and I'm proud to be a part of such an amazing group of people.
I was thinking this, too....how much trust you would have to have in the goodness of people to do this.....
Seriously......noone has done something like this for me......it's so awesome.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Bubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an AngelBubba'sDad Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Yeah, well once again I was hoodwinked by a girl on the internet. You think I would have learned the 1st 34 times.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #18
comingup4air Female

Quote:
Yeah, well once again I was hoodwinked by a girl on the internet. You think I would have learned the 1st 34 times.

You deserve it for giving money for the stripper reason anyway.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #19
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Hey, I was told she was just doing it to pay her way through medlaw school.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #20
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Now I am crying at my desk. CU4A, most of us have been in your shoes in one form or another at some point in single parenthood. I don't know about everybody else, but I had more than one instance of what I needed appearing unexpectedly. Now I know how good it feels to be a part of that from the other side.

Seriously, we all wanted to do something, but without AM putting it together, it would have stayed a want!

I want to know the name of the tree book too!

Feeling all warm and fuzzy now, just can't help it. CU4A, your post has made my day!
Old 07-14-2009, 05:26 PM   #21
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by idig View Post
I want to know the name of the tree book too!
I don't remember the name of the book... CU4A will have to check. . I do know that a few days after I bought it, I walked by the store at the mall where I had gotten it and all their books were 40% off. LOL
Old 07-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #22
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Um, you are outvoted, that money for the stripper is for the SFV ladies to have some eye candy, thank you very much! Or you and Dali could just strip for us! :biggrin_wink:
Old 07-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #23
Bubba'sDad
Banned For Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by idig View Post
Um, you are outvoted, that money for the stripper is for the SFV ladies to have some eye candy, thank you very much! Or you and Dali could just strip for us! :biggrin_wink:
why? do you all hate yourselves that much?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:55 PM   #24
comingup4air Female

The name of the book is...Will you Still Be my Daughter? A Fable for our Times
There's another one from the package called...What Makes a Strong Woman?

Yea...I was in a MUCH better mood today...anytime I feel like I can't do this all I have to do is think about what you guys did for me and read AM's card. It's really very sweet.

Still feelin' the love...
Old 07-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #25
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

So happy you are feeling the love, and E is stylin'! You both deserve a great day!
Old 07-14-2009, 08:01 PM   #26
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Hey, what size does E wear, by the way? I have some stuff that is designer stuff that my daughter did not wear, or maybe wore once or twice. I have everything packaged up, but I am hesitant to hand over Calvin Klien and Lit's to the goodwill. I would rather they go somewhere else.

Also, we have a very expensive Belle [disney princess] costume that was bought at Disneyland a couple years ago that is in absolute pristine condition that needs a new home!
Old 07-15-2009, 06:14 AM   #27
comingup4air Female

LSL - I sent you a PM!
Old 07-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #28
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by comingup4air View Post
The name of the book is...Will you Still Be my Daughter? A Fable for our Times
There's another one from the package called...What Makes a Strong Woman?

I just checked out these books. I sooooooo want them especially Will you still be my daughter? Teary eyed. I soooo want it for me and C. What makes a strong woman looks good too. Let us know what they are like C4A when you get a chance to take a peek at them.
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:29 AM   #29
dalilamakarma
Setting New Standards

dalilamakarma is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to be part of the team. Hope you are well and that things are improving every day.
And the only way I am stripping is if the lights are off, LMAO (oh and thats if AM says its ok first, LOL)