Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey I took the first step - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute
Default I took the first step

Im turning into a bit of a loner, i stay home all day, only leave the house if i need something from the shop, just generally keep myself to myself. I used to be so loud and ''bubbly'' now im quite shy and reserved. I decided that just staying home all day and retreating back into my shell is doing me no good, so today i took control.

In the town i live in we have a childrens centre, they have activity days and stuff for parents to do, lots of things. So i picked up the phone and called them, asked them if they had any activities coming up soon thar i could join in, the lady told me they were doing a ''building a memory box'' course and asked if id be interested, i start next wednesday! Its ever wednesday morning for 6 weeks. They are also having a kids food tasting session on the 15th november so im taking my son along to that

I feel like ive taken the first step, just by calling them, im trying to get some life back, its gonna do me alot of good to get out there, get involved and meet people. Im looking forward to it
Jamie's_Mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:04 PM   #2
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: I took the first step

Sounds great to me!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #3
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

good for you! I started by calling the local public library and have been taking my daughter to storytime for about 8 months now. Its an hour program once a week and its been good for both of us.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

I actually didnt know exaxtly what this childrens centre was about, what exactly they did, so glad i called them and found out

The place is ran (run?) By the childrens charity Bernardos, its for local parents and their children, they do courses on all kinds of things like cooking, pampering, confidence building (definatley going on that one) they have a cresh there for the children, they also run a play scheme in our local church hall, they have this huge bus full of toys and games, they have loads of activities to do.

Im just looking forward to meeting some new people and having some fun!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

This sounds like an excellent step in the right direction! I know it will make you feel better and it is a good way to spend time with your child.

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:53 PM   #6
blueswan Female
Parent on Board

blueswan will become famous soon enough

Good for you! I take my daughter to a church youth group once a week. That gives me an hour and a half of "me time" and she learns and enjoys the time as well.
blueswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Yes it is great that they have things like this for parents, its great that they have church groups and reading groups, im glad i took the step
Old 11-12-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
sarahr Female
Learning to Surf The Board

sarahr is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful! It sounds like a blast. It is so great to socialize with other parents and grow that support! Just like we are doing right now..... ......

Have fun!
sarahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #9
Danielle Elizabeth Female
I am New

Danielle Elizabeth is an unknown quantity at this point

well im veryy rpud of yall oi have made my own 1st step by blocking my sons dad and all of his friends on fb i think this will help get me over him and all of the drama...Kayleigh im veryy proud of u and u deserve happiness!
Danielle Elizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #10
coco81 Female
Learning to Surf The Board

coco81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Elizabeth View Post
well im veryy rpud of yall oi have made my own 1st step by blocking my sons dad and all of his friends on fb i think this will help get me over him and all of the drama...Kayleigh im veryy proud of u and u deserve happiness!
Danielle: sounds kinda like my first step also!

Kayleigh: Such a good idea! I'm sure it's going to be a lot of fun and relaxing and it's going to be great getting back out there. I need to find something like that!
coco81 is offline   Reply With Quote