Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Love this story - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute
balloons Love this story

An elderly chinese woman had 2 large pots, each hung on the ends of a pole she carried across her neck.

One of the pots had a large crack in it while the other was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water.

At the end of a long walk from the stream to the house, the cracked pot only arrived half full.

For a full 2 years this went on daily with the woman only bringing home 1 and a half pots of water. Of course the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments.

But the poor old cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection and was miserable thar it could only do half of what it was made to do.

After 2 years of what it perceived to be bitter failure, it spoke to the woman one day by the stream.

"Im ashamed of myself, because this crack on my side causes water to leak out all the way back to the house"

The old woman smiled "did you notice that there are flowers on your side of the path but not on the other pots side? Thats because ive always known about your flaw so i planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day when we walk back, you water them. For 2 years i have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my table, without you being just the way you are there would not be this beauty to grace my home"

Each of us has our own unique flaw. But its the cracks and flaws we each have that make our lives together so very interesting and rewarding.

You've just got to take each person as they are and look for the good in them.

So to all my crackpot friends, have a great day and remember to smell the flowers on your side of the path.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #2
Dad of 3 + 3 Male
Lively & Zealous Parent

Dad of 3 + 3 is a glorious beacon of lightDad of 3 + 3 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Love this story

This is great, thanks for sharing.

Things Get Better with age ...
I'm approaching Magnificent

Dad of 3 + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

JM, that was very nice....Thanks!
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #4
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Crackpot friends!
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

It's all a matter of perspective. Good story.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
pumpkin33 Female
Parent on Board

pumpkin33 is a splendid one to beholdpumpkin33 is a splendid one to behold

It's a beautiful story.
pumpkin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #7
Jamie's_Mum Female
English & proud

Jamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond reputeJamie's_Mum has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you all enjoyed!!
Old 01-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #8
Tazie Female
Board Blazen Parent

Tazie has a brilliant futureTazie has a brilliant futureTazie has a brilliant futureTazie has a brilliant future

Thanks, needed that one.
Tazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #9
Mama Swan Female
Tree hugger at heart

Mama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an AngelMama Swan Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Love it- thanks for sharing!
Mama Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
Sweetbhunny Female
On the Board

Sweetbhunny will become famous soon enough

I've read this story before.. I love it, thanks for the re-read
Sweetbhunny is offline   Reply With Quote