Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Scared, Tears, a Husky and New Friend - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #1
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

Tessmit is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought I had a heart attack today at the park. The leash twisted funny when my husky was trying to exit the truck and SNAP the clip became undone. I told him to stay, however a big grinn became apparent on his face and he dashed away. He briskly made his way to the very busy soccor fields. (This is a very large busy suburban park) He turns away and runs briskly especially when I got close to him. I thought my son would kill me. I told him to stay again, though, I don't have him completely trained... and he's a husky (stubborn breed I'm told) Several people try to help but he was quick and loved the game of chase. He headed for the street... and my heart sank thinking this would have a bad ending. Out of nowhere this guy comes around and tries to retrieve him for me, and the husky loves it. Finally, we slowed down and he stops dashing and becomes interested in a patch of grass. The guy grabs his collar and brings him to me. We ended up talking about the dog for a few minutes before his date(?) came up irritated and says "I'll meet you at your place after I get these boys showered (her children)"

Oooops... I didn't mean to spoil a date.... but I'm soooo glad to have my husky back. The naughty boy is still grinning from his wild run.

I just noticed I must be blogging but I didn't know where to post this.
Tessmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:00 PM   #2
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

I thought I had a heart attack today at the park. The leash twisted funny when my husky was trying to exit the truck and SNAP the clip became undone. I told him to stay, however a big grinn became apparent on his face and he dashed away. He briskly made his way to the very busy soccor fields. (This is a very large busy suburban park) He turns away and runs briskly especially when I got close to him. I thought my son would kill me. I told him to stay again, though, I don't have him completely trained... and he's a husky (stubborn breed I'm told) Several people try to help but he was quick and loved the game of chase. He headed for the street... and my heart sank thinking this would have a bad ending. Out of nowhere this guy comes around and tries to retrieve him for me, and the husky loves it. Finally, we slowed down and he stops dashing and becomes interested in a patch of grass. The guy grabs his collar and brings him to me. We ended up talking about the dog for a few minutes before his date(?) came up irritated and says "I'll meet you at your place after I get these boys showered (her children)"

Oooops... I didn't mean to spoil a date.... but I'm soooo glad to have my husky back. The naughty boy is still grinning from his wild run.

I just noticed I must be blogging but I didn't know where to post this.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #3
Galikian
I am New

Galikian is an unknown quantity at this point

You almost had a heart attack, but in the end didn't you have a little fun with this guy? I'm glad you got your dog. I know how you must have felt when he headed for the road. Naughty boy
Galikian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:12 PM   #4
coffeebls2000
Parent on Board

coffeebls2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh Tessmit, I'm so glad this had a good ending. I was getting nervous as I was reading it. So...how did the boys get dirty? Because they were helping retrieve your dog? You know...I was thinking as I was reading this, this might be a good way to meet guys!!! Anyway, that girlfriend or date or whatever sounds kind of superficial to me; I think you should take your dog to that park more often-- this is the kind of stuff they make movies about! Ever seen "The Truth About Cats and Dogs" or "101 Dalmations?" And you can blog anytime, this was the best thing I've read on here tonight.
coffeebls2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

I thing the lady's boys just finished a soccer game when we finally got the dog.

I don't think this Husky is going to let me get away with not taking him to the park. LOL I need to exercise anyway :P

I guess he's a blessing in many ways. I've started chatting with a husky owner in Colorado and he has been giving me tips to train him for bjorning. I don't think I would do this hobby alone so now I made my future partner requirements more difficult... 2 boys, 2 dogs, and interested in bjorning and understands the peculiar Husky breed. s i g h ...
Old 04-20-2008, 09:14 PM   #6
LaurieDorey
Lively & Zealous Parent

LaurieDorey is an unknown quantity at this point

please provide training tips on using dogs to pick up men. sparky and spanky are gonna have to start earning their kibble!
Old 04-21-2008, 01:37 PM   #7
coffeebls2000
Parent on Board

coffeebls2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I can't think of a better kind of guy to meet than one that loves dogs! Well, and kids too. You can tell a lot about a guy by the way he treats living things. I've come to one conclusion in finding the relatively "perfect" guy and that is that he:
must love life (no, he doesn't have to love his life or life in general, he just has to love and protect living things). I don't think anything would turn me on more than a guy who released a spider outside or pulled over to help a lost dog.
coffeebls2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

I think this husky is God sent

some close friends of mine asked me why didn't i get a dog earlier because it seems like I'm so much happier. Well, I kinda did, I kept my roommate's dog for so long she stopped going to him and she was a sweetie.

I can't seem to explain it by this huskies personality has me feeling "alive". The park incident has made my anxiety worse but managable. Is it strange to think a dog can sense my fear and feel remorseful? Another thing, the husky seems to let me know he does what I ask because he loves me not because he wants to. He puts up the biggest pout when I'm training him and argues like "scooby doo" talks before he'll listen. LOL I get this feeling from him like he needs me especially when I'm gone and he's relieved when I come home. The terrier is just happy but makes no difference if any one of us comes home. LOL It's certainly making dating more possible since, I know I'll still have him if I should get my heart broken.

I almost think he has this park incident planned. I just thought it was strange. I'm becoming very attached to him and don't think any dog can replace him.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #9
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

Cbls,

I think you're right! I've heard you can tell what kind of man he is by the way he treats his dog. LOL... :P