Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey texas, newly single mom, feelin like **** - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
backpacker
I am New

backpacker is an unknown quantity at this point

After reading the topic I wrote, I would be surprised if anyone responds to my very sad undertones
Well, the truth is, sometimes I am still very depressed. My husband left my daughter and i a couple months ago for a girl he met at work. I'm depressed, because of the betrayal and rejection aspects of it, but I'm angry that he has done this to our daughter. Despite that, I'm actually doing a lot better than I ever thought I would in this kind of situation. I'm actually ok most of the time, it's just when it's late, and my daughter is in bed, I start to feel very alone in the world. All my friends are happily married, and I'm the first to go through a divorce. So, could us some friends that relate
backpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #2
backpacker
I am New

After reading the topic I wrote, I would be surprised if anyone responds to my very sad undertones
Well, the truth is, sometimes I am still very depressed. My husband left my daughter and i a couple months ago for a girl he met at work. I'm depressed, because of the betrayal and rejection aspects of it, but I'm angry that he has done this to our daughter. Despite that, I'm actually doing a lot better than I ever thought I would in this kind of situation. I'm actually ok most of the time, it's just when it's late, and my daughter is in bed, I start to feel very alone in the world. All my friends are happily married, and I'm the first to go through a divorce. So, could us some friends that relate
Old 08-16-2008, 05:05 AM   #3
Marielle
Board Beacon Parent

Marielle is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that happened to you, but you are in the right place here. I think we can all relate to what you are going through. (I know I certainly can!!).

Marielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:55 AM   #4
LaurieDorey
Lively & Zealous Parent

LaurieDorey is an unknown quantity at this point

hey backpacker

first of all, you quoted the best song! perfect for what you are experiencing. try also praise you in this storm and i will lift my eyes. there's such a good line in that 'i will lift my eyes to the healer of the hurt i hold inside'

lots of good people here going through what you are, so you are not alone. even better, lots of folks who have been where you are and came through it, so there is hope.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #5
Tessmit
Setting New Standards

Tessmit is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome backpacker!

:whispering: this place is kinda adicting sometimes.

I'm sorry for the way you're feeling. Before my divorce... country songs didn't make sense to me! Afterwards, I think I cried rivers.

It's not easy going through a separation and divorce. My friends at that time didn't know what to make of it. It felt like many strayed because they didn't want the same fate to happen to them.

Late at night... I'll play online cards or other games sometimes. There are some very heartwarming people on there sometimes as well as a few crazies.

Take care of yourself and know you are worth being loved!
Tessmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:33 AM   #6
singlein08
On the Board

singlein08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to SFV this is a great place to vent and just talk. It is perfectly fine to be depressed after something like this happens. I know everyone says this and it is something you probably do not want to hear it, but time will heal. If you need to voice anything feel free. That is what we are all here for.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:36 PM   #7
Love2beemom
I am New

Love2beemom is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a 26 year old pregnant mother of 2. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child. I have been married for 5 years. Today is my anniversary and yesterday was my birthday. Two days ago my husband told me that he is not in love with me anymore and dont want to be with me. He walked out on his family. In december I was pregnat with twins and I miscarried them at 12 weeks. Two weeks later my Uncle ended his life. Two weeks after that my grandmother passed. Now this. I am a stay at home mother of a 4 year old and a 2 year old with no job and no degree. I am currently in our house just waiting for the next step, while he is living the life of luxury at his mothers. Im scared and in love with a man who no longer loves me. I dont know what to do.
Love2beemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #8
Adrian1trk
Board Blazen Parent

Adrian1trk is an unknown quantity at this point

backpacker

love2beemom you need to focus and outline your priorities, go step by step, everything has a solution.
Good luck !!!
Adrian1trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #9
missabb
Board Blazen Parent

missabb is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted to welcome both new members to the forum.

Backpacker: This is a great place where you will find lots of friends and support.

Love2Bee: Step 1 is a good lawyer.
Step 2 a good therapist. I don't mean to sound cold. I really do feel for you in your situation. It's just that it sounds like your husband is out there pursuing his own interests. Instead of waiting for him to tell you the next step you need to take control and protect yourself and your kids.

To both of you: Stick around here. Lots of people with lots of experience in all of these matters who can help.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #10
backpacker
I am New

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Lovetobemom: I completely feel for you sweetie, but I do think they're right. We need to take control of our lives. I'm with you, I don't really know how to do that exactly, but I believe in God, and I believe He'll direct our steps if we let Him. Do you have a support system? (family, friends, church?) Maybe someone can watch your kids while you make all the appointments you need to make(a lawyer, welfare if needed, a job perhaps, school mayber?) I know it all seems so overwhelming, but trust in God. You can talk to me anytime you'd like through this website.