Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Friends - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-22-2008, 06:21 AM   #1
pinkflwr
On the Board

pinkflwr is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, so I didn't realize that getting divorce mean I would lose EVERYONE. Has anyone else lost friends through their divorce??? My best friend had all these demands about what I should do when I got separated and now won't talk to me because I didn't do what she said. I was a stay at home mom but now that I work my at home moms don't want to get together. I am so sad...it's hard enough to be a single mom but I feel so alone!!

pinkflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
pinkflwr
On the Board

OK, so I didn't realize that getting divorce mean I would lose EVERYONE. Has anyone else lost friends through their divorce??? My best friend had all these demands about what I should do when I got separated and now won't talk to me because I didn't do what she said. I was a stay at home mom but now that I work my at home moms don't want to get together. I am so sad...it's hard enough to be a single mom but I feel so alone!!

Old 01-23-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
needforjoy
Active Board Parent

needforjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, the one guy, that was going to be my best man, no longer returns my calls. He said he's a friend to both me and the ex and won't take sides. I'm not asking him to take sides. I don't need that. Anyone that claims to be your friend but then does nothing a friend would normally do, I don't think can claim to be your friend anymore.

Maybe it's because I would be a third or fifth wheel if we ever got together, but I'm friends with his wife too, so being a third wheel doesn't matter to me.

As far as I'm concerned, I'll be leaving these people behind me and moving on in the future. These people don't care about me enough to call and ask how I am or to just get together for a drink or something, then so be it.

I know who my friends are and aren't. A friend is someone that you call and leave a message that you'll be in town on such and such a date and that you'll be out with your family at a club, and that friend shows up, without calling you back, just to surprise you!! That happened a few weeks ago, so yeah, I know who my friends are.
needforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:54 AM   #4
pinkflwr
On the Board

Thank you needforjoy! Believe it or not I have had some friends call to say hi and I have a dinner date tonight! I feel much better.

Old 01-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #5
binarian
Setting New Standards

binarian is just really nice

I went through the same thing when I got seperated then divorced - suddenly most of my married friends just dropped off the radar. Separates the friends from acquaintances, that's for sure.
binarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #6
needforjoy
Active Board Parent

needforjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great Pink!!

Have fun!!
needforjoy is offline   Reply With Quote