Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey no friends - Page 3 - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #91
Visitor

I feel the same way. The only time I get to talk to an adult is when my mom and I have a conversation. I need to figure out how to meet people. I, too, have a sister and we converse on the phone once in a while and through email but not very often. She is probably sick of me whining at her!!! My daughter is 8 years old and she doesn't seem to be interested in anything that would allow us to meet new people. Anyways, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. If you ever want to talk, I'd be glad to make a new friend! Tracy
Old 03-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #92
Visitor

Looks like we all came to the same place for a reason and that we are all finding a whole new group of friends.

I am fairly new to this site but I can say that I have been really impressed by the people on here. There has been nothing but kind words, support and friendship and I now look forward to logging on every night even if it is just for a few minutes.

I am fortunate in that I work with many single (and not single) parents and that I have developed some great friendships with them. We all support each other when times are tough because we walk in each other's shoes.

I have a really close knit family too and I have a group of friends that I get together with to scrapbook (we all bring our kids over to play with each other so it is a double benefit).

But that doesn't mean that sometimes I don't feel lonely too. Being single parents.. a lot of my friends are busy struggling with their own lives and problems so sometimes it is hard for us all to hook up and really share with one another. And sometimes family is just too close to share some really personal problems with because they don't exactly have a unbiased opinion.

So it is great to find a site like this that allows me to see that there are so many of us out there feeling the same way and that by sharing we can all help one another.

I'd be proud to call any of you my friend.

Deb
Old 04-12-2006, 02:12 PM   #93
Visitor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jennifer31:
[qb] Hello..

It's so nice to see others in a similar boat as myself. I have a few girls that I have known for a bit, but really no one to hang out with and talk to. My "friends" are only there when they need me nit ever when I need them cause I am the "strong" one, the one everyone comes to with questions and when they need advice. I have no one like that to go to. No one to share things with and shop with, hang out with etc,, it gets a little sad honestly. I hate having to do things alone or with my mother all the time. (I love her to death but I would like to have others to hang out with)or even just to meet for lunch or something. I am 29 weeks pregnant and due in April. I am not with my childs dad. Needless to say I have alot going on in my poor head,, Id love to meet new people! [/qb] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 04-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #94
Visitor

Hello, I am new to this board.
And I can really relate to you.

I have had friends down in Florida where I used to live, and have lost touch with each and everyone of them, except one, and we still talk here and there whenever he's online.
He to, is a single parent, so we can both relate
in some ways.

Anyhow, I have moved here to Alabama back in 1993, not knowing anyone, but my aunt and my 3 cousins.
My cousins and I used to hang out some, but now they all have their own lives to live with.
I however, do hang out with them on occasions, if it's like with my mother, my grandmother and my aunt.

I have been married twice, and dated here and there.
But now, I live with my mother, and stay home most of the time, and clean, play with my 3 yr old,my oldest lives with my grandmother during the week because of school, and my son lives with his father...that's another story.

I used to work..and had work friends, but never really hung out with them.
So, I'm pretty much home all the time now.

So, it would be nice to have someone to talk who
can understand, and not judge me for what conditions I may have.

Feel free to email me if ya like.
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>[LIST] web page www.infopop.com
Old 04-14-2006, 02:34 PM   #95
Visitor

I also feel alone. I have good neighbors and have met a few people through them but I always have a sense of lonliness. My X left me a month ago and I have an 11 month old baby. I'm 34 and barely adjusted to being a parent and now this. I'm trying to take it day by day. Meds for anxiety and depression have helped and this board has been a godsend.

It's comforting to know that there is a place to go when you are feeling alone.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:29 PM   #96
Visitor

I'll second that!!

"It's comforting to know that there is a place to go when you are feeling alone."
Old 04-15-2006, 02:12 AM   #97
Visitor

I am new to this sight as well. I like what I see so far. I, too, have few friends. My best friend since the third grade, is still just that. She has a son two weeks younger than my daughter. But she is married and her husband and I don't think much of eachother. So we talk when time allows and take what we can get in the hopes of continuing something we both cherish and rely on. As for the rest of my friends, they were more from my partying days. We all meandered around the country together, without a lot of worries. Fun and adventure were the only concerns. And who can blame them if they are not impressed with my newfound ability to successfully take a sleeping child out of the car, into the house and change her into her pajamas without waking her up. To me this is a great and useful skill. To them it is time away from the party. I wish I could find people like you all in my area. But for now its nice to chat and feel I am being heard. Not to mention listen to like minds and lives.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:07 PM   #98
Visitor

Hello All,

I was so amazed when I found this topic eventhough I have been here for almost two months. I thought I was alone in the sense that I felt as though I had lost touch with everyone I once knew. Its in a sense comforting to know that I am not alone. I have been thinking to myself where did all my frends that I thought would always be there go? It seems that you get so caught up in your own issues that you loose touch with everyone and before you know ther all gone. Most of the friends I was once was very close to no longer call as they did before, some not at all. I guess since their lives were different than mine and they could not relate to what I was going through especially through the hardest of times. My guess is they decided it was better for them that they remove themselves from the situation that they were not comfortable with or could understand or even relate to.

My two sisters who are all that I have left from my immediate family are also non-existant. Can I say that I am much better off that we haven spoken since I finalized my late mother estate well over a year ago. This was not a good time either between all of us and I am much better off that they are not a part of my life anymore for many reasons.

I can honestly say that I have no regrets and I am so very, very grateful that I found SFV. I have found more honest and understanding people here than I could have ever found anywhere. Thank you so much for accepting me and God Bless All Of You for being the kind and understanding people that you are. Thank You from the bottom of my heart.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #99
sincere1782 Female
I am New

sincere1782 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: no friends

28 here and really don' t have any friends. My only friend is a woman in her 60's she is a great person to talk to but sometimes i want friends who are going through the same things i am. I met people but they always seem to drift away so we never get a chance to be close. I have facebook but thinking of deleting it because it really serves no purpose other than to see what others are doing.
sincere1782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #100
FlyingDevildog Male
Banned

FlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingDevildog has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Ms Sincere

Well you can't say you don't have any friends now, can you?

look around , read a little, post some if you want. but we are here to help you, if we can.

(but watch out for the cop, he's grumby)

Dawg
FlyingDevildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:03 AM   #101
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Hey dawg, I am not "grumby" I am "grumpy". Get it right

Welcome, we all need friends and I have made more than a few here.
Even old growling dawgs
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote