Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Wedding.... complicated decision - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 03-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wedding.... complicated decision

Not me....

definetly not me, but I know this girl not very well at all, but I know her I went to school with her like 10 years ago, she recently asked me to be in her wedding. I was stunned, first that she asked me but its more complicated then that. I feel like an ___ because I told her I would think about it, but the thing is her guys family is all family with my ex's g/f you know the one I love so much. So not only will all her family be there, but the ex and the gf too! probably, oh what to do, what to do. It would be a great excuse to get my ___ back on the treadmill, but God, can I control myself not to ruin her wedding day? I wouldnt do that but you know it would be hard. Anyways wondering what you guys thought, it could be the time to show myself up, look my best and just not care, but I dont know. Im afraid if I say no, she will be so upset with me, its not like were that close but this is a small community? I dont know help please.
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:20 AM   #2
Kozzy
Active Board Parent

Kozzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natty View Post
Not me....

definetly not me, but I know this girl not very well at all, but I know her I went to school with her like 10 years ago, she recently asked me to be in her wedding. I was stunned, first that she asked me but its more complicated then that. I feel like an ___ because I told her I would think about it, but the thing is her guys family is all family with my ex's g/f you know the one I love so much. So not only will all her family be there, but the ex and the gf too! probably, oh what to do, what to do. It would be a great excuse to get my ___ back on the treadmill, but God, can I control myself not to ruin her wedding day? I wouldnt do that but you know it would be hard. Anyways wondering what you guys thought, it could be the time to show myself up, look my best and just not care, but I dont know. Im afraid if I say no, she will be so upset with me, its not like were that close but this is a small community? I dont know help please.
If it's already causing you this much stress....just say no.
Kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Mr. Rogers
Active Board Parent

Mr. Rogers is an unknown quantity at this point

ill have to say you talk to her and explain that under the circumstances that you don't think it would be wise and you want her to have the best wedding ever! this way she isnt hurt and you dont have to stress
Old 03-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #4
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

I think it's kind of weird that she invited you if you do not know her very well. I would not feel obligated at all.....remember that if you are a part of a wedding party that there is a lot of expense involved for you.......and in this case, you would have drama that you don't need. So I vote that you gracefully turn down the invitation.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #5
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know guys, Everyone here is saying no, everyone else that I see in person Says go, you should feel honoured...? I dont know I really dont. It is weird that she asked, but I think maybe she doesnt know too many people, I just know if i say no, i will feel bad, but if i go? I do sort of know all the rest of the party, I work with one of the guys, went to school with the gals, but.... I stink at making a decision
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:57 AM   #6
Marielle
Board Beacon Parent

Marielle is an unknown quantity at this point

even not making a decision is a decision of sorts.....

I say, go. You never know who you might meet ;-) and if you don't, you will be left wondering what it "would've been like".....

Put on your confidence hat - even if you have to fake it - and enjoy the day!!
Marielle is offline   Reply With Quote