Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey What a disgusting day! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default What a disgusting day!

I need a medicine cabinet installed in the side of my tall towel cabinet in my bathroom. I was gonna just mount it on the side there, but it really would look SO MUCH BETTER if it was recessed. Thing is, if I do that and goof it up, I will have ruined my tall towel cabinet.
I probably would do the job just fine, but......
No worries! G, who feels he owes me the world (still) is a carpenter and finish work is his specialty...so I have no need to risk it.
So, today he is due to come over to eyeball the thing and see what tools he needs.
I offer to pick him up, but he says no. He will drive his car.
BTW: they removed the interlock last week and he has been using it since, for work,...but he does not have his full driving priviledges restored yet.

So, this morning I go out to do my horse chores and OMG! Rocky has ripped his lower eyelid almost completely off his face! It's hanging by a thread!

I call the vet, of course. Do what I can to protect the injury till he can get there.

While I am waiting for the vet, G shows up...driving his car, with M in it...and, he is drunk.

I try explaining what I want done with the cabinet and it's like trying to explain it to E! Worse, actually. I begin to think I should just do it myself.

The vet arrives and we get Rocky stitched up...no small matter since he was not exactly cooperative and we ended up having to sedate the ____ out of him. Then I got to hold his huge head up for hours.
Better yet, in 10 days I get to try to remove the stitches by myself cause I CAN'T get another vet bill.
"Gee Doc, the eyelid looks great, but can you come remove this pair of scissors from his eyeball?" Shudder.....

Meanwhile, G has moseyed out back...which was a little embarrassing considering his condition. Whole thing was made worse by the fact that I have a crush on my vet. Oh, he would never be interested in me, but it didn't make having this drunk stumbling around any less embarrassing.
G went and entertained himself with Blue. I was torn between worrying that she might kick him (if he did something stupid) and wishing she would.

Eventually G sobered up and was able to have a halfway intelligent conversation. Then he insisted on going back home cause he wanted to bring me some beef. I had made him a lasagna (as a thanks for the cabinet). He took that home with him, which was fine, and returned with a huge bag of steaks and ground beef (they have a cattle operation there).
The beef was great, I'm very grateful...but the renewed snoot full of booze he had on board was annoying. He's such an ___ when he's drunk!

Then he watched some football, but scooted back home at halftime (thank goodness). For once my dislike of watching football helped me in terms of men, .

I need some money. How do bookies work? Who wants to wager a bet on how long before G gets bagged for another DUI. Also, whether or not he has M with him when it happens?

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Life is all about how you handle Plan B. ~ off a Blue Mountain Arts calendar
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: What a disgusting day!

Sounds like maybe you should have a drink tonight! (just one though) UGH so how is the cabinet? Are you the one whose ex knows no boundaries? (I'm sorry, I'm trying to get this all straight, clearly I haven't succeeded yet!)

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

DUI and Child Endangerment....grrrrr
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

yeah, I opted out of that part as I figured you were angry and annoyed enough for all of us...

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 10-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #5
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueP View Post
Sounds like maybe you should have a drink tonight! (just one though) UGH so how is the cabinet? Are you the one whose ex knows no boundaries? (I'm sorry, I'm trying to get this all straight, clearly I haven't succeeded yet!)
No, Idig's X knows no boundaries.

G didn't do anything today in regards to the cabinet except to take 4 hours to figure out that the way to do it was exactly what I had tried to explain to him 5 minuets after he walked through the door.

BTW, Sue, I know you don't know who G is.
He is a neighbor and friend. I basically tolerate his drinking because I love his daughter dearly and she stays with me alot..especially when he gets in trouble...and I want to be here for her always. That means I have to be nice to him even when I don't feel very nice towards him sometimes.
If not for her, I would tell him to shape up or get lost.

That said, I must be fair and say that he has been very good to me. He provides me with hay for my horses, then there's all this beef...and if you want to know about the weed whacker fiasco...I'll find the thread for you, . He also "took" us all to Dollywood recently. I got to go because he couldn't go unless I went. He couldn't drive there.

I also feel the need to say that I have only asked him for anything twice.
The first time led to the weed whacker fiasco.
This cabinet was the second time....and I only did those times because he feels he owes me the world because of the things I do for his daughter and I feel it's important to his self esteem to allow him to give back...and if I leave it up to him how he's gonna do that he goes WAY overboard!

BTW: If he gets busted again, and I believe he will, he will go to jail again, but this time it will be years.
I want M to have the option of comming to live with me. It would be her least disruptive option. Well, except for the problems with my E.

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable. ~Barry M. Goldwater and Jack Casserly, Goldwater

Old 10-03-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Ahh now see I was thinking G was the ex, but it wasn't adding up to what I do know for sure! I'll get this all straight in time.

I think it is wonderful that his daughter has you there for her... I'm sure she'll have a place in her heart for you forever. I had a wonderful upbringing, but also had a very special neighbor as a child. I don't get to talk to them much anymore, but truly like a second set of parents for me.

Um, I don't know the weed whacker incident but this neighbor and weed wacking is sounding awfully familiar...though my old neighbor was also my FWB (with no drinking issues obviously)

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 10-03-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Blue, that would definitely have me wishing for a do over day. Grr is right. I hate that he had his kid in the car. What an idiot.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Sorry Blue......how did the cabinet come out? As for the stitches, eyeball and scissors.....wow, beyond me, sorry.
You sure keep life interesting I gotta admit!
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #9
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

http://www.singlefamilyvoices.com/fo...ad.php?t=16090

The weed whacker fiasco for Sue..and anyone else who is curious. It's actually a pretty funny thread, . I had forgotten about that.

FTR: You all know that it infuriates me that he puts M at risk, and also burns my ____ to see how parentified she is. I just can't do anything I haven't already done about it. All I can do is try to be close enough to catch her when HE falls and pray she doesn't get hurt...like in an accident hurt.

Last edited by Bluemoon; 10-03-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

That was beautiful, thank you!

I need to find somebody to come wack my weeds

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 10-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
nadee_09 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

nadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond reputenadee_09 has a reputation beyond repute

HUGS Blue! I am pissed too that he drove with M... What is he thinking?!?!

Hope Rocky is doing better!
nadee_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
confused1996 Female
Board Beacon Parent

confused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant futureconfused1996 has a brilliant future

Oh blue poor blue. humm that sounded weird. As for the drunken friend. Yep I would be just as mad as you.
confused1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #13
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I am also pissed that he drove with her, but not surprised. It's only a matter of time until he is caught again.
EEEEEW on Rocky's eye. EW. I can't even imagine that you can get them out yourself.
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #14
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

The snipping is the easy part, how to hold the horse without the sedation meds sounds to me like a bad idea. you could get hurt and then your bill is going to be a lot higher than the vet bill alone. UGH! Money sucks! But please, when it comes time and if you must do it without a vet be sure to have plenty of extra hands.

Hey, I just had an idea! Maybe you could let one of your neighbors borrow your weed whacker in exchange for holding a horses head!!!

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 10-04-2010, 02:32 PM   #15
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Quote:
Hey, I just had an idea! Maybe you could let one of your neighbors borrow your weed whacker in exchange for holding a horses head!!!

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:22 PM   #16
idig Female
SFV JUNKIE!!!

idig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legendidig Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
The snipping is the easy part, how to hold the horse without the sedation meds sounds to me like a bad idea. you could get hurt and then your bill is going to be a lot higher than the vet bill alone. UGH! Money sucks! But please, when it comes time and if you must do it without a vet be sure to have plenty of extra hands.

Just don't loan it to a certain neighbor if you ever want to see it again!

Sorry about the whole G situation. I know it is so hard to watch M in it and not be able to really do anything beyond what you do.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 PM   #17
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by idig View Post
Just don't loan it to a certain neighbor if you ever want to see it again!

Sorry about the whole G situation. I know it is so hard to watch M in it and not be able to really do anything beyond what you do.
::

You know, I noticed a bit ago that a "guest" was reading this thread. Right after I noticed, my phone rang and it was G.....
Gosh, I felt so guilty...I would never want him to "hear" me say alot of my less delicate thoughts about the situation.

I care about him, I just get really PISSED about his disease and the stupid stuff he does because of it. My heart bleeds for M, too, when I see how she has learned to deal with it...with him.

Meanwhile, he was calling because a) they were worried because I didn't drive the bus today (yes, I told them I wouldn't be yesterday) and b) G wants to pay Rock's vet bill because he feels responsible .

He feels responsible because Rock ripped his eye on the hay ring.
I had expressed concern about these long bolts that were on it and G had intended to come saw them off but never got around to it.
Meanwhile, I could have done it, and didn't, and that's why I AM responsible!

You see, he really has a big heart...I just wish he would quit marinading his gray matter.

BTW: He will NOT be paying that bill...not sure I can either, , but he sure as heck won't be!

Old 10-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #18
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Awww, the poor guy, that's a lot of guilt to hold. Well, I bet he would help you getting the stitches out!

Does he know you come here? Are all forums visible to public eye or just some?

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||