Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey An OLD friend contacted me - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 10-01-2012, 05:59 PM   #1
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

MochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant future
Default An OLD friend contacted me

We were friends WAY back in elementary school, through middle school and high school. I haven't seen her in well over a decade. We're doing dinner Friday night.

I figure it's time to start getting out among humans again. It's a start.
MochaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: An OLD friend contacted me

That's GREAT. I have recently reconnected with a few friends that I grew up with. The great thing about these people is that even if time passes, you still feel like you are picking up where you left off.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #3
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

That is so wonderful Mochamom!!! I just returned from a wedding where I hadn't seen some of my good friends for over 10+ years. I felt like i filled my heart up with all the love and friendship that was always there...for so many years...and it just helps in the face of challenges in the coming week.
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
Niequi Female
Active Board Parent

Niequi has a brilliant futureNiequi has a brilliant futureNiequi has a brilliant future

That is so great! I hope you have a wonderful time! Girl time is awesome! Enjoy!
Niequi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

I've reconnected with some old friends, too. Some much older, old neighborhood friend of my parents... some I went to elementary school with... some I lived in same house but not same apartment. It is really great to get back with people, especially those you always have on your mind and wonder how they are doing. It truly feels like no time has gone by at all. I hope you have a blast!

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #6
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I reconnected with a school friend from 7th grade in 2009 and he is moving from fl to ga to be with me. Ain't love grand?

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:36 PM   #7
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

MochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant future

We had a blast! We hugged for so long and cried when we saw each other. She's beautiful and we had so much to talk about. I fear I talked too much! We're determined not to let so much time pass ever again.
MochaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

glad your dinner was uplifting.

It's fun to see people who knew us as us, not as a parent. Makes you feel like you exist as a separate entity from your kids.