Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Who else is working? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #1
MochaMom Female
Parent on Board

MochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant futureMochaMom has a brilliant future
Default Who else is working?

Well, let me clarify. I'm AT work.... Me and about six other people in the building. Guess we're the ones who ran out of vacation days. If I can make it until 5:00, it'll be a miracle.
MochaMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Virgo69 Female
A Cuddly Porcupine

Virgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an AngelVirgo69 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Who else is working?

Depending on how you look at it, I was either fortunate or unfortunate enough to lose my job in July. Made it for a year in the working world as a single mom. If I was still working for the crazy lady, I'm sure she would have made me come in this week. I rarely asked for a scheduled day off and when I did she wouldn't give it to me anyway. In fact, got in an arguement with my boss the day before my girl's 3rd birthday because the boss said I hadn't requested the day off in advance (which I had) and claimed I didn't have any paid time off to use.

The lady was a grinch. Seemed to think I was being unreasonable for wanting to spend the day with my daughter instead of taking her to daycare for 10 hours on her special day.

Only time off I could ever get was for my gal being sick or me being sick (unscheduled).
Old 12-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

trebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Ugh, I would almost pay to go to work today! The weather has been killing us. I have had more days off this month than I care to think about. B is at his moms' house and I can only do the dishes so many times! And I DESPISE daytime TV!!!!

I tried working yesterday for about 4 hours. Nobody else showed up. As it turns out trying to walk on top of a 35 foot tall structure made of angle iron is not that much fun in a light sleet storm. Since I am supposed to be in Louisiana in about 10 days to deliver this project I will have to work all weekend. That SUCK"S !

Oh well I will have New Years Eve with the boys.

Virgo bosses like that make going to work ten times worse than it needs to be.
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #4
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Kinda wish I was at work too. I dont play video games, cause once I get started...!
Well, its been quality time with K
N has been sleeping (14), and listening to her new MP3 player.
One thing thou, I Really dont want to see all the HD tickets, VM's, and emails when I get back. Boss hasnt called, so I assume the Network hasnt crashed.

For the first time in 9yrs, I think Im actually going to a NY Eve party

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #5
bluewave Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

bluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Supportbluewave Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

LOL, i'm at work today!
bluewave is offline   Reply With Quote