Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Women...confusing....no way!!! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #1
Couperc Female
Parent on Board

Couperc has much to be proud ofCouperc has much to be proud of
star Women...confusing....no way!!!

Ever hear the comment from a man that they find you confusing ? Yes, yes, and yes.

Here is a bit of fun trivia....Its simply a matter of genetics ladies and gentlemen.

I took a interesting college course this last summer (2012)called "the Human Genome". Cleared up some interesting things. For instance, the female chromosome contains at minimum, at least, triple the genes a male Y chromosome has. The class was interesting at times with many scientific essays researched and discussed about the losing male chromosome.

In other words, the female has triple the ways of expressing herself.Triple the ways of saying something, of doing anything. Hence, some males confusion at not understanding us. At times it's wise to understand that it may be that they just can't understand us, it's their genetics, not you. Just in case you wondered.

So women, take heart, don't necessarily make anyones confusing comments about you, your reality. You are created to express yourself in many, many, ways. Interesting that science validates us women in so many ways. Quick reference can be dug into at the human genome project or simply at: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_g..._Y_chromosomes.

That said, I have five boys. The first one is in his second year of medical school and the second doing his MD/PhD. So no excuses in lacking of brilliance for the men.

Just saying, if men can really be very brilliant and charming, where can three times of our female charming and brilliant power take a women ? Imagine, it can take us onward in many ways. In solving our own problems and possibly others. Its really something worth imagining. I feel its really worth imagining and understanding.

I just needed to share that. Thanks for reading.
Couperc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #2
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

trebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angel
Default Re: Women...confusing....no way!!!

Yes it's true you ladies are more complex and confusing. No arguement there. And yes we men are pretty simple in comparison. In fact we are a bit like overgrown toddlers in our approach to the things we want or need. If we see it, and we want it, we try to get it. Now we do grow more cautious about the things we want as we get older, so we are capable of learning.

The increased genetics probably has something to do with reproduction as you obviously carry more of the burden than we do. And you do have that intuition thing which I am a firm believer in. The problem for us males is that while you may have many more ways of communicating something, they rarely agree! All too often women will feel one thing, think another and say something completely different. That's not exactly our idea of effective communication!If you could align all of those processes going on inside you, we would never have to guess what you wanted!!! It would be so obvious even a caveman could understand you...but unfortunately it's more like "Ugh, woman want stick, I get her stick! Why woman say she want rock? Now woman no want rock or stick? "

Someone really intelligent will solve this difference in our brains mathematically one day. Some kind of formula like;

E (emotional desire) x P (physical need) / V (verbalization) = W (want she really wants)

I'm sure there will be many more variables and multipliers in the equation. But until then we will ask you want you desire, and expect to be wrong when we get it for you. Just goes with the territory! So yes CC, women tend to be much more confusing.

of course that was all tongue in cheek ladies, you're not confusing at all
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:39 PM   #3
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Good thing you are communicating clear as day here....

Call me if you need a delivery....

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|.........WINE TRUCK.........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -)
"(@)'(@)"" "''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)
Re-Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:36 AM   #4
Couperc Female
Parent on Board

I love the math equation..:)) I bet your right about it too, there must be a formula to bridge these differences. Einstein watch out, you've got competition.!! Yes, the points of theory you mentioned about what these genetic differences mean was discussed greatly in class. Interesting to see how genetics influences things.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #5
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Trebor, you forgot to enter into that equation the "free radical" of hormones. It is a wild card that throws your male brained formula out the window LOL But I do think it is great that you have applied a lot of deep thought and logic to answering this time honoured question we males face! The "H" factor if applied could radically alter the value of each component in the equation......almost like putting each value with some unknown exponent...and sadly we can never predict the exponent's power, and can only see it revealed once the equation is "solved"........and then we see if we guessed correctly.
muskiedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

trebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angeltrebor Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskiedad View Post
Trebor, you forgot to enter into that equation the "free radical" of hormones. It is a wild card that throws your male brained formula out the window LOL But I do think it is great that you have applied a lot of deep thought and logic to answering this time honoured question we males face! The "H" factor if applied could radically alter the value of each component in the equation......almost like putting each value with some unknown exponent...and sadly we can never predict the exponent's power, and can only see it revealed once the equation is "solved"........and then we see if we guessed correctly.
Hmmmm, Muskie, you are right my Canuckian friend! The H factor must be applied but I think that's a seperate equation altogether, the result of which can be applied to quotient of the original equation.

But how do we quantify the H factor.... hmmmmm something like considering a baseline hormonal activity, to a power defined by the point of the monthly cycle, multiplied by the sum of the age divided by various social, and economic factors........

we're doomed Muskie! Just remember to duck whenever RM picks up any heavy object and you'll be fine!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

It would be impossible to quatify the H factor.
H factor would have to be a variable. Equation would have to be redone every few minutes Guess that takes you guys back to square one.

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Woodsimply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #8
scottrfab Male
Active Board Parent

scottrfab is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsimply View Post
It would be impossible to quatify the H factor.
H factor would have to be a variable. Equation would have to be redone every few minutes Guess that takes you guys back to square one.
Impossible is an understatement.

There are days when I feel I'm way ahead of the game if I'm back to square one. I usually feel a few dozen behind it.
scottrfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #9
Couperc Female
Parent on Board

MuskieDad
You have this equation smoking. Now...add patience and understanding, and both sides of the equation are equal. My point was just, awareness.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #10
scottrfab Male
Active Board Parent

I don't ever think I'll understand. I can only hope that the next time around that it comes down to respect. I will respect her complexities, and she respects my need to watch baseball.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Woodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an AngelWoodsimply Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrfab View Post
I don't ever think I'll understand. I can only hope that the next time around that it comes down to respect. I will respect her complexities, and she respects my need to watch baseball.
I think a lot of it really does boil down to mutual respect.

You cannot get an answer, if you do not ask the question. Say what you need to say.
~Just me
Old 01-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

muskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legendmuskiedad Is a SFV Support Legend

Couperc I actually liked what you posted, thought it does explain a lot. And in all seriousness, what some think of as stereotyped is not really that but rather just shows how both men and women approach the same things from different directions.....but hopefully ending up on the same page!
Patience and understanding can be added to the equation and can at times help to cancel out the unknown H factor........but if H squared (sometimes written as PMS) is entered into the equation, then all bets are off!
It is fun to celebrate our differences though, all jokes aside.....and true respect will overcome all variables in the equation!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
scottrfab Male
Active Board Parent

Quote:
all jokes aside.....and true respect will overcome all variables in the equation!
Very well said. As much as I joked about respect, like Woodsimply said, it is the key.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:56 PM   #14
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

Tsk, tsk ,tsk....you poor misguided souls!

First of all, Canuckian, stop trying so hard, you have a GF as far as I can tell.

Second, Scott I had high hopes for you. Now I see you're just another enabler!

WS, the complexity of H requires it to be applied to the solution of the original equation. The H factor equation can be solved simultaneously and indepent of the primary equation, but can only be factored in afterwards due to the inherent multiplicity. Sorry. Moreover it is possible to quantify anything, just not easily done. Your point of respect between 2 individuals is valid and should be considered as a variable multiplier, I'm just not smart enough to know where and how!!

CC/WS, you make valid points. Recognizing our differences and respecting each other will go a long way towards a making a happy relationship. Let's hope Scott and Muskie will figure that out one day!

Last edited by trebor; 01-18-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #15
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

Hey I recognise it......I just like to stir the pot trebor!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #16
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

Quote:
Hey I recognise it......I just like to stir the pot trebor!
Yeah but do you have to make ALL of the SFV women fall for you??? I mean really Muskie, the Poet, the Protector of the Heart, the Fairytale King (should be an animated movie), can you ease up on the charm???? D1 and I are trying to score a few points here buddy!!! D1 already has a warrant out for your arrest in Kansas!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:49 PM   #17
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

Gee treb, i thought if i mentioned hormones i'd look like more of an idiot than usual......and you would come up smelling like roses for your sensitivity and your formula for trying to understand.......i made a mess of it again. Sorry.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #18
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

Quote:
Gee treb, i thought if i mentioned hormones i'd look like more of an idiot than usual......and you would come up smelling like roses for your sensitivity and your formula for trying to understand.......i made a mess of it again. Sorry.
Yeah well I guess there's no hiding your charm nor my rudeness! Maybe D1 can salvage something out of this mess!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #19
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Yeah but do you have to make ALL of the SFV women fall for you??? I mean really Muskie, the Poet, the Protector of the Heart, the Fairytale King (should be an animated movie), can you ease up on the charm???? D1 and I are trying to score a few points here buddy!!! D1 already has a warrant out for your arrest in Kansas!
Not true. All of you men on here show us women there ARE good men with all those traits. Just think some of you are "hiding" those traits better than some
And are, reasonably so, a little scared maybe?
Thats my buzzed opinion.

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

In vinos veritros....
Or whatever

~Just me
Old 01-19-2013, 12:09 AM   #20
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

Quote:
Just think some of you are "hiding" those traits better than some
And are, reasonably so, a little scared maybe?
Wow. That looks like a shot across someones bow!

In vino what?? Is that in wine we trust??
Old 01-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #21
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

leave me out of this....

The Only Easy Day was Yesterday. NavSpecWar

If it is Important to us we make it happen.......
If it's not, then we make excuses...
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #22
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

Sorry D1, Muskie already "Post-blocked" me on this thread! Thought you could step in and gain a few points away from the Poet King.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #23
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Re-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportRe-Mom Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Quote:
Yeah well I guess there's no hiding your charm nor my rudeness! Maybe D1 can salvage something out of this mess!
I could probably straighten things out for the women here... I've got a story or two you knowLOL CANUCKIAN ha ha good one Treb! Though I still like Canucklehead the bestLOL

Did you say: In wine we trust?

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 01-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #24
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

If we do have an SFV meet-up I am going to have B follow Muskie around and call him Mr. Canuckles!!! But no stories are necessary, Canuckles is King!

I think the phrase is "in wine the truth". I googled it. The wine part is obvious() the truth part I am still trying to decode!

Last edited by trebor; 01-19-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:00 AM   #25
Re-Mom Female
Mainiac

Red truth or white truth?

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

yup..... there is a lot more to the equation than the H factor even if you do try to get fancy and use PMS as the variable.

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
Old 01-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #26
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Red truth for sure......
Old 01-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #27
scottrfab Male
Active Board Parent

Quote:
Second, Scott I had high hopes for you. Now I see you're just another enabler!
I grew up in Detroit. It makes me 1/4 Canadian by osmosis. I tend to stick up for them.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 AM   #28
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Quote:
Wow. That looks like a shot across someones bow!

In vino what?? Is that in wine we trust??
http://i.word.com/idictionary/in%20vino%20veritas

In vino veritas....and it has been proven. Sure D1 can attest to this. Inhibitions are lowered when consuming alcohol. People will say and do things they normally wouldnt
Sometimes good, sometimes not so good!

Here: http://m.askmen.com/sports/health_10...ns_health.html

~Just me
Old 01-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #29
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

I thought it mean in wine there is truth.....in that WS will spill her guts more and more with each glass she consumes......

RM are you hinting at my reaction to the summertime "energy drink"???
Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #30
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

Quote:
Sometimes good, sometimes not so good!
Yeah we've all been there!
Old 01-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #31
zomom Female
Sweet & Sassy

zomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angelzomom Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

You know, it's all very simple...mutual respect and lots of appreciation (for men & women both)! When the H factor comes along shower us with chocolate, wine, and time alone (but text to let us know you think we rock)!
See, we are not that confusing.
Old 01-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #32
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

I must admit that I used to tend to complicate things in my relationships. It's not just that I am male, but my thought processes are very linear, or logical. I have mostly dated women who think emotionally and that tends to be somewhat circular. Thats not a right or wrong thing mind you. While we can generally see a way to work through an issue, linear thinkers can lack understanding/acceptance at times. This is something I have had to work on. I want to solve problems, unfortunately the solution is not always the answer!

I'm 49 and still trying to figure this stuff out. So many of you are younger and way ahead of me!
Old 01-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #33
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

I think were all guilty of occassionally complicating things in relationships Trebor. I know I did.
The big thing I notice from the last relationship (in reflection) was that he seemed to hold onto the negative situations more. Harbored those emotions for later dates/conversations.
Where I typically hold on to the positive.
There are always going to be good and bad times.
Which one you choose to remember and hold sacred really can determine a relationships fate.

~Just me
Old 01-19-2013, 01:59 PM   #34
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Quote:
I must admit that I used to tend to complicate things in my relationships. It's not just that I am male, but my thought processes are very linear, or logical. I have mostly dated women who think emotionally and that tends to be somewhat circular. !
Trebor, you need to find someone like me. I confound J all the time. But only because I am very linear and logical, not emotional at all.... he is WAY more emotional than I. So weird to me because sometimes I think that I am the "guy" in this relationship!!!! The only time that goes out the window is that time of the month..... and that's because all logic exits and some mean hormonal maniac enters.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #35
SingleMom123 Female
Board Blazen Parent

SingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant future

LOL! What is funny is I find MEN to be the ones who are confusing! I can't tell you how many times I get some guy, doesn't even have to be a guy I am dating, pissed off at me, and he stops talking to me and gives me angry looks. I am like "what did I do wrong?" and he just says "nothing". Ugh, drives me crazy! If something is bothering you, just TELL me, don't bottle up the anger. I even had a man I was dating, get pissed off at me once, and I asked what was wrong, and he litterally said "if you don't know, I am not going to tell you!"

I was like, WTF? How am I supposed to fix whatever I did wrong if you don't TELL me what I did wrong???? As my mother used to say "open thy mouth and speak!"
SingleMom123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #36
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleMom123 View Post
I was like, WTF? How am I supposed to fix whatever I did wrong if you don't TELL me what I did wrong???? As my mother used to say "open thy mouth and speak!"
Oh sure! You want us to shower you with affection. You want us to know when you need a hug, a laugh, a kiss or to be left the **** alone. You want us to be funny yet serious, open yet mysterious, reliable yet surprising, macho yet sensitive.... you want us to be great husbands, lovers, providers and dads!

AND YOU WANT US TO TALK ABOUT OUR FEELINGS????!!!!!

UGH! What will you demand of us next?!
Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #37
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

I didn't think men were allowed to have feelings.....all that is needed is the ability to follow simple instructions! LOL
Old 04-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #38
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Quote:
Oh sure! You want us to shower you with affection. You want us to know when you need a hug, a laugh, a kiss or to be left the **** alone. You want us to be funny yet serious, open yet mysterious, reliable yet surprising, macho yet sensitive.... you want us to be great husbands, lovers, providers and dads!

AND YOU WANT US TO TALK ABOUT OUR FEELINGS????!!!!!

UGH! What will you demand of us next?!
I feel the same way about men. Seems at times they think were freakin mind readers or something. I don't do subtle....I hate guessing what someone means. I would much rather them just speak their mind. Say what they need to say. Ya know?

IMO, men beat around the bush, at times, instead of just getting to the point.

~Just me
Old 04-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #39
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

WS we just never know how you are going to react. A man can live with a woman for 30 years and still not be sure how she will take something!

Muskie raises a good point, I'll add that to the list,

"You want us to follow orders, just not all the time. Just when you really want us to. But not when you don't want us to be too wimpy. But you never know how our not following orders is going to affect you until AFTER we don't follow them, soooooo.... it's a big ole cr*pshoot!"

Good one Muskie.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 AM   #40
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Quote:
WS we just never know how you are going to react.
Better to find out than to hold onto it and let it fester....

And if after 30yrs, he hasn't figured out how she will take something, I kind of see that as his fault for not getting to know her better..

I guess my whole thing is neither sex is perfect. We all screw up at some point or another.

Its trying that is key.

If you hold things in, just because your not sure how one will react, how will they ever get to know the real "you" or vice versa?

Course, maybe that's why I keep ending up in the single boat. I suck at biting my tongue.
If I feel it, or think it...it comes out of my mouth (most the time~Ive learned a little etiquette over the years).

The filter broke years ago. If someone doesn't like me for who I am.....I can't change who I am.

Flipside, I would hate to find out my "partner" was biting his tongue in fear of my reaction. That's not fair. Assuming how one will take something, or how they will react. They may surprise you.

~Just me
Old 04-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #41
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

WS, I'd like to reply but am afraid of how you'll react.

Nah, j/k I know we guys are hard to figure out too. I don't bite my tongue necessarily, but I do get quiet at times.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #42
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Quote:
I do get quiet at times.
Hadn't noticed

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

The poem I wrote, that I wanted to post, that I couldn't find...said something about that.

Wish I could find someone that wouldn't take personal offense to my quiet times

~Just me
Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #43
Woodsimply Female
Thinks too much

Yep. Men are just as confusing.

I joined Christian Mingle a few weeks back. Yea, I know...
The site is different than any others I have seen. You send "smiles", "cards", "sparks"-which are questions you can answer or not.

All of which seems somewhat adolescent and silly to me, but anyway....

So this guys sends me a smile. I reply accordingly~sent a "thank you" smile back.
He sends a spark question~I answer.

Then he sends a card. Just like any other card, it had a message.
So I sent him an actual email message, since it had been a couple days, thanking him for the card and saying that things had been busy at work/home.
**Trying to open up a conversation. Ya know, electronic communication other than a generic smile or card with a ready made message...ugh

He replied with another card asking to meet. WTF??

I'm so confused.
Even in every day passing, you don't just see someone and "Oh. Hey. Wanna go out?"

Just thought I would add to the conversation and to the argument that men are just as confusing as women.

~Just me
Old 04-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #44
muskiedad Male
the one who babbles

They me just as confusing or perhaps just as confused!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:13 AM   #45
trebor Male
Board Beacon Parent

Quote:
They me just as confusing or perhaps just as confused!
I was told the other day that I don't take hints well. hmmmm... that could have been a fruitful conversation except that she blurted it out at the last minute, as I was leaving and in front of other mutual friends.

I didn't even understand that was a last ditch "hint" to make me realize I had missed the other hints! Not that it matters, she is married and that does matter! The hubby is out of the country but still..... no thanks!

Talk about confusing! You're right Muskie.... women are confusing!