Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey What do you do that you all enjoy? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #1
Tropico Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

Tropico is an unknown quantity at this point
dance What do you do that you all enjoy?

We like to swim, so we spend a fair bit of times in the ocean, rivers, creeks, lakes, the pool, rock pools, anywhere that's safe (or relatively safe) to swim.

We also like doing rainforest walks and exploring nature, so we tend to go on day trips in the car to various places. Our aim is to do that Great Ocean Road walk, but that's 112km and I'm not sure my 10 year old would last the distance or would be able to carry her own swag and supplies.

Another thing we both like is music. We go to some of the local pubs on a Sunday afternoon and listen to the local musicians playing. Most of the pubs around here have family areas and are pretty laid back on a Sunday afternoon. We prefer rock, metal and punk music.

We're about to embark on a new adventure later this week to a whole new part of the country. Instead of being in the closest part to the equator we're going to be in an area where we'll get the icy cold winds from Antarctica blowing up at us. We're also going to be trying some new things because it's time we did that.

What are the things you enjoy doing as a family that everyone loves? What do you do to create a bonding experience together?
Tropico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: What do you do that you all enjoy?

During the summer we enjoy finding new swimming holes to explore. During the winter, the rain pretty much holds us captive.

Our new thing that we do is games. Not your traditional board games though. The games we play are generally developed by german gamemakers and the strategy is pretty intense.

My daughter is 15 -- so she is slowly leaving mom behind It is as it should be, but it's sad.
Old 01-06-2014, 01:05 PM   #3
cf829 Female
At A loss for Words - NOT!

cf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angelcf829 Has Heart and Soul of an Angel

My son is two and probably his favorite thing right now is to go to a discovery museum near us. He is wild about the planetarium, huge water table, and the climbing activities. And he loves that Mommy and Daddy join in.

He also loves playing trains and any type of outdoor activity, unfortunately it is too cold for him to play outside at the moment...
cf829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
Tropico Female
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

Tropico is an unknown quantity at this point

We're really going to struggle with the weather once we move. Our Winter so far has been 3 weeks of warm pyjamas and having to wear a coat for most of the day. It's warm the rest of the year. Not always sunny, there's a tropical monsoon hanging around and we're now in cyclone season, but it's warm enough to do what we enjoy for most of the year. That's why we need new things.

Miss 10 has a telescope I gave her for her 10th birthday that's pretty cool, she also has an iPod Touch I gave her for Christmas with some solar apps on it to find things that we can then look at through the telescope. We won't have a chance to do much camping, even at this time of year the weather is a low of 6 and a top of 24 (celcius) which is our Winters.

My uncle gave her a telescope for Christmas, a proper one, so once we move I'll set that up for her and see how she goes with it. But that's not really something I get enjoyment from.

We like gardening, so will have to learn what grows in cold climates, and we enjoy preparing food we've grown ourselves. Up here it's all the tropical fruit, along with carrots, zucchini, sweet potato and a range of herbs. Will be different there.
Tropico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
SingleMom123 Female
Board Blazen Parent

SingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant futureSingleMom123 has a brilliant future

THis is a good thread. It has been a cold and miserable winter here and this is a smile thread, makes me think of fun filled warm sunny summer days.

My son is 5 and we have always enjoyed picnics at the park. There are several parks nearby that are really good parks, lots of kids, playgrounds and picnic tables. There is one that has a water park and he really enjoys that.

We also enjoy travelling. I have taken him everythere. When he was two we went up to Acadia National Park in Maine, total blast. Camped for three nights in the campground, cooked outside on the picnic table, went on hiking trips through the woods (I carried him mostly in a wrap), and he loved playing in the tide pools and seeing all the little animals there.

Last year we went out west to Yellowstone and Grand Teton National parks (they are close to eachother). Surprisingly, Grand Teton was more fun. In Grand Teton I got a cabin for 4 nights. It had electricity and running water but no TV or radio. It was right on a lake, but it was too cold to swim. We did a lot of hiking while there, back into the mountains, BEAUTIFUL!!! Yellowstone I attemped to camp out, but it rained and was COOOLD. I rented an SUV and we ended up sleeping in that. (In hindsight I think the trip would have been much better if I had just gave in and got a hotel, it was miserable camping out!) But we saw half the park and had a good time.

I was mulling over my options for this year, and I was considering going to the Grand Canyon, should be warmer and dryer than Yellowstone was!!!
SingleMom123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:02 PM   #6
Mariem444 Female
I am New

Mariem444 is an unknown quantity at this point

What do we enjoy?
As a family we enjoy going the park to play on the play structure and bring scooters, balls, frisbees. Some,times we bring lunch or dinner.

We enjoy going to the library every week to get books on cd to listen in the car while driving to school and driving around while doing errands.

We enjoy traveling. Last year we went Japan-Disney. NC -to stay on a working farm with mining gold and gems which my son absolutely loved. And we went on a Bahamas cruise.

We enjoy playing with our dog, she is funny and makes us laugh.

We enjoy going to the latest children's movie and eating popcorn.

We enjoy going to free family day at the museum.

We enjoy going hiking.

We enjoy play dates with our friends.

We enjoy volunteering at the shelter to feed the homeless on Friday nights.

most of all we enjoy reading together at night when I put my son to bed.

Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropico View Post
We like to swim, so we spend a fair bit of times in the ocean, rivers,

creeks, lakes, the pool, rock pools, anywhere that's safe (or relatively safe) to swim.

We also like doing rainforest walks and exploring nature, so we tend to go on day trips in the car to various places. Our aim is to do that Great Ocean Road walk, but that's 112km and I'm not sure my 10 year old would last the distance or would be able to carry her own swag and supplies.

Another thing we both like is music. We go to some of the local pubs on a Sunday afternoon and listen to the local musicians playing. Most of the pubs around here have family areas and are pretty laid back on a Sunday afternoon. We prefer rock, metal and punk music.

We're about to embark on a new adventure later this week to a whole new part of the country. Instead of being in the closest part to the equator we're going to be in an area where we'll get the icy cold winds from Antarctica blowing up at us. We're also going to be trying some new things because it's time we did that.

What are the things you enjoy doing as a family that everyone loves? What do you do to create a bonding experience together?
Mariem444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:58 AM   #7
deenamathew Female
I am New

deenamathew is an unknown quantity at this point

We spend lot of time going around the places and have fun with the friend. We remember the old memories and just play a lot. We go for a long drive.
deenamathew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:13 AM   #8
Towanda Pritc Female
Banned For Spam

Towanda Pritc is an unknown quantity at this point

We love to go out of town and out of the country. We love to watch movies and eat out.
Towanda Pritc is offline   Reply With Quote