Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Trying to Meet Other Single Parents/Anyone Care - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-19-2003, 04:16 PM   #1
TiredMom
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

TiredMom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Im just trying to get to know new people, does anyone out here care remotely or understand my frustration?
TiredMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 06:38 PM   #2
MystryRose
I am New

MystryRose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi keep visting I think you will find friends and support here.

Tricia
MystryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 11:58 PM   #3
mdcmn7
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

mdcmn7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sybil,

there are a lot of people who care here. The board can be slow sometimes, but we are here

chuck
mdcmn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 11:25 PM   #4
darla
Learning to Surf The Board

darla is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, email me anytime or im me anytime you need to talk. darla
darla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 09:51 AM   #5
phoenix123
On the Board

phoenix123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! You've found a good place to chat with people who care and understand your situation. You are definitely not alone. I've found it helps just to chat with people who know what you are going through, because sometimes it can feel like you are the only person in the world dealing with such a painful situation. Hang in there. Things will get better.
phoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 09:59 PM   #6
smvt
Parent on Board

smvt is an unknown quantity at this point

hey,

i really understand your furstartion. living in vt is not the easiest place to meet anyone if your a single parent. i'm willing to chat with you email me at VTangel27*aol.com.

smvt
smvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 08:25 PM   #7
friendly1
I am New

friendly1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by TiredMom:
[qb]Hi,

Im just trying to get to know new people, does anyone out here care remotely or understand my frustration?[/qb]
friendly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 04:32 PM   #8
kazza
I am New

kazza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'd say we all know your frustrations in some way or another. Keep your chin up and feel free to let it all out!

Kaz
kazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 10:00 PM   #9
atcmom
I am New

atcmom is an unknown quantity at this point

I love your name, tiredmom, it goes together. I don't think that there is an active mom in the world who isn't tired. There are a lot of us out here, I am new here but this looks like a really great site. If you ever want to talk let me know. I am just getting out of my relationship and trying to start a new life.
Good luck and keep your head up high for your kids.

Quote:
[qb]Hi,

Im just trying to get to know new people, does anyone out here care remotely or understand my frustration?[/qb]
atcmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:36 AM   #10
melody74
I am New

melody74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am new here and i am a single mom of three.Tired mom explains it all.It would not be so bad if i had normal children and a proper father who actually helps with the kids but he is just a drunk .My 8 year old has adhd/odd and my 7 year old was just diagnosed with autistic spectrum disorder and my little girl is just a little girl.It would be nice to have other people to chat with all the time.BYE autisticmom1997*yahoo.ca
melody74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:11 AM   #11
Quirkykaren
I am New

Quirkykaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
[qb]Hi,

Quirkykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:11 AM   #12
Quirkykaren
I am New

Quirkykaren is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
[qb]Hi,

Quirkykaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:53 PM   #13
Evestar
Board Blazen Parent

Evestar is an unknown quantity at this point

We are all tired and looking for others. I wish there were more support groups or play groups in areas. I looked long and hard before finding this place, I find it helpful just to read what others have wrote and go wow!! I'm really not the only one, it just feels like it at times.
Evestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:56 AM   #14
slim
I am New

slim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I just joined in April. I would love to meet other single parents tht have stuff in common with me. Ihave one son, aged 11.
Gwen or Slim
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:16 AM   #15
paulj_in_phx Male
Back From the Dead..Sorta

paulj_in_phx is a splendid one to beholdpaulj_in_phx is a splendid one to behold

Hey Slim.
Tough part about single parent on the internet is we're all over the world. Kinda tough (sometimes) to develop a close friendship with someone you never see.

But, as I said before, we're a great big family here...Ok, not ALWAYS happy, but you're welcome to, whatever we've got.

paulj_in_phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:47 PM   #16
Demari'smom
I am New

Demari'smom is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys! I am new as of today... I am a single mom of a 4 yr. old boy, father let me when I was pregnant.. wasn't married or nothing but he just thought that he had done his job and left. I don't ever get out for "me time" because I have no babysitters and don't trust anyone up here where I live. Parents don't live in same town so that is tough. Sometimes I think I am about to go crazy but then I find a group like this and hopefully I will make new friends that know where I am coming from.
Jen in TN
Demari'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #17
Kdad
On the Board

Kdad is an unknown quantity at this point

So glad you found this group of great people, feel free to jump in with comments at any time.

Kdad
Kdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:53 PM   #18
Mum of Two
Board Member

Mum of Two is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome!! It's a good place to be... enjoy your stay
Mum of Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:03 PM   #19
paulj_in_phx Male

paulj_in_phx is a splendid one to beholdpaulj_in_phx is a splendid one to behold

Hi Jen in Ten,
As the post right above you says....you're welcome to whatever we got.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:03 AM   #20
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Gabriel's Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome! Hope you get as much out of this web site as I do!
Gabriel's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 05:03 AM   #21
Harmony & Me Female
Setting New Standards

Harmony & Me will become famous soon enough

Welcome Jen in TN
Old 07-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #22
hi
Parent on Board

hi is an unknown quantity at this point

what i too would give to meet some irl single parent friends too.

i went out on a girls night a couple of months ago (first time in about 4 years) and the group worked out to married mother of two, engaged mom to one, and engaged making plans for invitro (sp).... not the same when you are the only one in our situation...

but at least i have you guys!
hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:00 PM   #23
taylorsmonnie
Learning to Surf The Board

taylorsmonnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wanted to say Welcome! This is a great place to vent and also to share some of your single parenting knowledge. Friends really do help us get through this...so thanks all for being there for me. Hope I can help someone else out!!!
taylorsmonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:48 AM   #24
Amora
I am New

Amora is an unknown quantity at this point

Jen, I know exactly where you're coming from. I was 3 months pregnant when my daughters father broke up with me, 6 months pregnant when he turned his back on me & the baby completely. He has since then seen my daughter 13 times since she was born. My daughter is now 4 years old. I live with my parents so from time to time I go out but I have to work around my mom's schedule so most of the time I'm stuck. A lot of the time I feel so stuck/lonely so I'm glad I found this board.
Amora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:24 AM   #25
ellieh
Visitor

I certainly understand your frustration. I too am a single mom. My youngest is seven. I would love to meet single parents in my area but there don't seem to be any groups in my area. This doesn't seem like a bad place and people are very friendly. Good luck to you.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:14 PM   #26
Caitlin
On the Board

Caitlin is an unknown quantity at this point

This is an awesome site to meet people! I totally understand your frustration and the lack of support groups around MA. I too live in MA and there is really nothing in my area as well. I involve my 7 yr old in sports (loves it!) and I get to interact w/ people my age as well. Sometimes meeting people in your shoes in person does help...I'm looking forward to the Fall since baseball is over!

Hope you find something that helps you balance things out.

Take care,
Caitlin
Caitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #27
YJL279 Female
Pray Until Smthng happens

YJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With SupportYJL279 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Hey Jen in TN! I live right up the road from you in Davidson County! We should get together! Maybe we can meet at Veteran's Memprial park and the kids can play together. Mine are 8 and 12 but they love to play with little kids. Let me know what you think.

Yvette

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. --Patricia Neal

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. --Anatole France
YJL279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 04:28 PM   #28
HRod
Board Member

HRod is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone! I've been trying to chat some here too but have limited time around work and not having a computer at home. I was reading someone posted on one of the other topics something about winning $20k with an entry to nominate someone for being such a great friend or whatever.. and it got me thinking... i wouldn't have anyone to nominate. I really dont feel like i have any true friends, and none that i would feel like sharing anything too personal or venting for fear they'd not keep it confidential, you know? (my family has done that so I dont entirely trust them either) So I'm looking to make some new friends, in CO maybe..? (gosh here I feel like I'm 10 yrs old- will you be my friend? :O ) sounds dumb doesn't it, I just feel so lonely sometimes. Sometimes I feel like if my b/f didnt call or txt me, my phone would never ring. pathetic, i know
HRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:13 AM   #29
Visitor

I was a single mom to a 6 yr. old boy. I divorced my ex-husband 2 years ago. Last year my girlfriend recommended wealthyromance.com to me, and I tried it. Now I am getting married with him, a nice guy I found on that site. I just wanna say don't isolate yourself from your surrounding, just try online dating scene and make more friends in your life.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:09 AM   #30
Harmony & Me Female
Setting New Standards

we read these adds for this site yesterday
by the way your profile says you have a five year old daughter - here it says a six year old son.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:22 AM   #31
raymond
Parent on Board

raymond is an unknown quantity at this point

is that child from the man in florida or the one in canada,does the man in florida know about your other family
Old 08-15-2007, 08:43 PM   #32
bahiagul1
I am New

bahiagul1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can relate to your situation. My son's father did the same thing to me as well. It came as a complete shock to me. I am coping though. I live in a place where i have no support and I have a very demanding job. I work all of the time. I take my son to daycare and I work from home, then I bring him home and take care of him. I never leave the house (smile). I would really like to make some friends to just get a change of pace....
bahiagul1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:08 AM   #33
JR1
I am New

JR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by jenny28:
I was a single mom to a 6 yr. old boy. I divorced my ex-husband 2 years ago. Last year my girlfriend recommended wealthyromance.com to me, and I tried it. Now I am getting married with him, a nice guy I found on that site. I just wanna say don't isolate yourself from your surrounding, just try online dating scene and make more friends in your life.
She "was a mom"...does this mean she's stopped being a mom? Doesn't wanna be a mom anymore?
What happened to the child? Do you stop being a mom once you visit this site? Now I'm really confused

J.
JR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:13 AM   #34
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Quote:
Originally posted by JR1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jenny28:
She "was a mom"...does this mean she's stopped being a mom? Doesn't wanna be a mom anymore?
What happened to the child? Do you stop being a mom once you visit this site? Now I'm really confused

J. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

J that post isn't suppose to confuse you but make you want to go to wealthyromance.com.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:25 AM   #35
raymond
Parent on Board

raymond is an unknown quantity at this point

gm,are you just hard headed,do you want wealthy romance or not.......lmao...I have had good luck with losersnobodyelsewouldwant.com...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #36
Harmony & Me Female
Setting New Standards

Quote:
...lmao...I have had good luck with losersnobodyelsewouldwant.com...
I lost my coffee reading this!
lmao
Old 08-16-2007, 12:11 PM   #37
Gabriel's Mom
Setting New Standards

Ray I am hard headed, I'm a very stubborn girl just waiting for the right man to come along that can handle me, . I don't want no wealthy romance, haha I want a passion filled romance. Hmmm....so on this losersnobodyelsewouldwant...are you looking or advertising?
Old 08-16-2007, 01:02 PM   #38
BASICALLYAMY
Board Blazen Parent

BASICALLYAMY is an unknown quantity at this point

LMAO!!! Amy I just love you

Jeez that sounds like I'm practicing for a date in my mirror or something.
BASICALLYAMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:20 PM   #39
sad Mom
I am New

sad Mom is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm newly separated and am feeling quite frustrated with life lately. I live in Canada and if you feel like having a chat then send me a reply
sad Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:44 PM   #40
lily1234
I am New

lily1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi sad mom,
I'm new to this as well. I hit a pretty hard low today and went online to find ways to cope and get myself out of this funk. I have to say that reading through much of the forum has helped to calm me. No one can truly understand what we are going through unless they are in it. I just feel frustrated, angry, tired, like I am being pulled in soooo many directions by soooo many people. We are definitely not in this alone. Hang in there.
lily1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #41
paulj_in_phx Male

You two are definitely NOT alone....though even saying that....doesnt seem to do anything ...for those "lonely" times.

Hang in there.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:30 AM   #42
Sandra82
I am New

Sandra82 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,
i will be glad to know you.i hope to contact you an d get to know you more.
Take care.
Sandra Georger
Sandra82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #43
jcial
I am New

jcial is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all. i am trying to make new friends in the leicester area. finding it hard. if u r to email me jcial07@yahoo.co.uk.. hope to make some mates soon. so if ur from leicester say hi.
jcial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:09 PM   #44
Kayley's Mommy
Active Board Parent

Kayley's Mommy is an unknown quantity at this point

for your safetly don't post your email address
The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions”the little soon-forgotten charities of a kiss, a smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment in the disguise of a playful raillery, and the countless other infinitesimals of pleasurable thought a
Kayley's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #45
I'llBeOkay!
I am New

I'llBeOkay! is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey! What are you juggling over there? Sounds like you've hit the wall. And it does sound like you need some time for you. In the last two towns I've lived in there have been churches who have had drop off babysitting/Moms Morning programs. There was no need to be a member of the church, they were just ministries and they were excellent. Very cheap (or nothing if you spoke to someone about need). And the kids were/are happy there! I found a Mothers Morning Out here. Sometimes I drop off and just come home and sleep for 2 1/2 hours! Or go sit at the library. If you're not comfortable with that look up MOPs (Mothers of Preschoolers) that are also a Christian based group but are open to any faith. They have groups that meet every other week with childcare on premises while you meet with other moms, vent, eat, listen to a speaker, do a craft. And the best thing, the women join together to help each other! Problem at home, hospitality calls the group, 10 dinners arrive 10 nights in a row. Someone sick and you're bending under the load, they'll figure out what you need (once we went to a members and cleaned her house for several weeks). It is support in the best form. There is help out there!!!!! It takes a village. Anything I can do?
I'llBeOkay! is offline   Reply With Quote