Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Falling for a Friend - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Relationships¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Friendships

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-08-2008, 06:58 AM   #1
smshybug
At A loss for Words - NOT!

smshybug is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the title of my thread pretty much explains it. I have known this friend almost a year and I think I'm having more feelings for him than I thought I had. I think about him a lot, I smile whenever I think about him, we talk daily, we email daily, and text daily. He seems to have most of the qualities that I want in someone else . . . and I'm terrified to let myself feel this way.

HELP!!!! This isn't bad but I'm just unsure of this.
smshybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
Dawn Butterfly
Board Beacon Parent

Dawn Butterfly is an unknown quantity at this point

I can sooo relate! I honestly hate it when I think of someone all the time... too much headaches from too much thinking LOL.

Would you know if he has feelings for you too? Is this the friend you want to fall on your lap?

Dawn Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:02 AM   #3
smshybug

Actually this friend has expressed that he is "falling for me." He said this last night. I was speechless and didn't know what to say because I feel the same. So this morning, I called him and told him that I feel the same but that I'm scared that it might work. He understands how I feel, so he says.

He says that he has pictured us together in "daydreams" and that he can see us as a family. He wants more kids, he has a great job that pays six figures (which is a plus from what I've had to deal with), he owns his own house, great sense of humor, intelligent (smarter than me). LOL

I am okay with wanting to be with someone again. I have decided that I need to stop trying to keep feelings away from me and maybe its okay to take down a wall or two. I am trying to tell myself that I am good enough to be with someone and I should be able to with someone and not care what others think. I have a lot of insecurities, as does he, and he shared some very special things with me this morning about his personality and what kind of person he is.

He is more like me than I thought.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:00 AM   #4
wish_i_may
Parent on Board

wish_i_may is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think you should be scared to feel this way. Even though I understand why you do. Play it safe and slow and see what happens. Friends is a great way to start.
wish_i_may is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #5
Blindsky75

Blindsky75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Lucy you have some splaining to do.

See PM.

"Hope" is the thing
Blindsky75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #6
smshybug

My friend informed me this morning, rather explained, that he is slow to act on relationships. I told him that I am too except when I want one then I go right for it.

I think slow and good is fine. I told him that I am seriously considering this relationship and the possibility of turning it into something but I'm not in a hurry. Neither is he. so that's good.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #7
shortyof4
On the Board

shortyof4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great, i'm so happy for you. Just take everything one day at a time and be upfront and honest about everything and it will be okay.
shortyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #8
ktown
I am New

ktown is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. It's great to hear of that happening to someone! (it's been a long time for me, ) A good friend of mine always tells me that he married his best friend and that's why he's so happy. Friends are the best, and friends can turn into better.
ktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #9
smshybug

I have serious issues with this guy. I mean, I am either thinking about kai, him, school, him, work, him. LMAO I need to get a life.

This is why I dont want to like someone. Even thought it puts a smile on my face, I find myself drifting towards the other side . . . the side of more than "in like" with someone.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #10
Blindsky75

Blindsky75 is an unknown quantity at this point

How about a first date before you fall more than "IN LIKE"?? hmm?

LMAO

"Hope" is the thing
Blindsky75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #11
smshybug

Date? I run for the hills when I hear that word. Yes, I know that we need to do something along those lines. We will see. It will probably have to wait until summer and after this semester is over.