Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Favorite Valentine Memory - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> ThroughOut The Year > Febuary

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-14-2005, 10:35 AM   #1
Blindsky75
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Blindsky75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, so in general I am not a Valentine's person. I can't stand the hype and I've never really had a Valentine.

HOWEVER, I do have a memory of Valentine's Day that I love. I was 6 months pregnant with my first, Sierra, and my parents took me out to dinner. We went to Applebee's and I got to order the 9 oz. T-bone, mashed potatoes, salad...the works....and I got dessert. We sat and laughed and just forgot about all the stress that had been going on. It's the only Valentine's Day memory that I have that is worth remembering.

Care to share your favorite Valentine memory?
Blindsky75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 10:56 AM   #2
Ty's mom
Setting New Standards

Ty's mom is an unknown quantity at this point

I have nothing that is a favorite because all mine aren't very good and most of them make me thoroughly hate the holiday. I will keep my memories of this day to myself and let others share!
Ty's mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:44 AM   #3
Seraphin
Board Blazen Parent

Seraphin is an unknown quantity at this point

Valentine's Day already? Okay here's my memory. It's not all nice and mushy, but it is pretty funny. A few years ago I was living with another single mom and this guy who was a good friend to both of us (he was kinda the babysitter, but not really) Anyway, our guy roommate got both of us gift certificates to get our hair done, because he wanted to spoil us. (He likes doing that, he still takes our kids so we can get a night off together) So he watched the kids while we went out and got our hair done. She managed to get the REALLY CUTE hairdresser who proceeded to massage her head and make her feel incredible. Me, I got this lady. I am not quite sure what was wrong with her, but when I told her to just trim my long hair and clean up the split ends, she went totally crazy and chopped my hair up to my ears, then layered it, totally the WRONG look for me. I was turned away from the mirror, so I couldn't see what she was doing until it was much too late. I started crying when I saw what she had done and went home and hid under the covers for two days, I was horrified! My poor roomie felt so bad about it, he went out and got me some flowers to make me feel better. It's been years and my hair is finally long again . It's funny now, we still tell stories about that, but at the time I was so horrified. Happy Valentines Day..... is it okay to have 9000 Valentines?
Seraphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #4
Blindsky75
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Blindsky75 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know about 9000...but I've at least got about 50 or so that I can think of!

It'd be weird to have a real Valentine. I'll keep my hopes low..so it'll be that much better if it happens.
Blindsky75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
SillyGirlsnGA
Parent on Board

SillyGirlsnGA is an unknown quantity at this point

I was married for so long, that he was always my valentine. He always bought me some perfume and went out to dinner. Nothing ever mushy or anything. Thinking back on that now, I miss it
SillyGirlsnGA is offline   Reply With Quote