Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Great Book Series!! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Time For You > Book Club

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-24-2004, 11:54 AM   #1
kjr29vnr
Learning to Surf The Board

kjr29vnr is an unknown quantity at this point

A friend of mine got me started reading the Left Behind Series. There are 13 books in the series but very worth reading!! They are books with a religious theme and found in the religious fiction section of bookstores. I cant recall the name of the authors, but the first book is called "Left Behind". I am on the third book of the series and just cant put them down. I am not a very religious person but these books really get you thinking. I highly recommend them...at least read the first one and see what you think.

Other books I have read recently that I recommend are "Angels and Demons" and "The Da Vinci Code" both written by Dan Brown. These are both murder mysteries and kind of graphic in description. Something to keep in mind.
kjr29vnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 12:32 PM   #2
LdySnoopy
On the Board

LdySnoopy is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree! I have read the entire series. Usually within 24 hours of the book hitting the stores. There will be at least 2 more books in the series to complete the story line.

Also, I highly recommend the military and political spin offs of this series...Apocalypse Dawn and End of State. They are both written parallel to the original with a different twist. Mel Odom writes the military side and Neesa Hart writes the political side. Both books cross with the original and some the original characters are mentioned and appear.

I give it 5 stars!!!
LdySnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote