Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Some good books to read! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Time For You > Book Club

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 01-13-2003, 11:38 PM   #1
Organic Mama
On the Board

Organic Mama is an unknown quantity at this point

If any of you out there have time to read and enjoy reading.. here are a few favorite of mine.
I love reading about the goddess and her priestesses on the island of Avalon. The best books to read <if you too like that sort of thing> is Avalon, Priestess of Avalon, Mists of Avalon and The Forest House. It is sort of Long wonderful story of the great powers of women. And of course the wonders of man <the druids>. It also has the true <i believe> story of Morgaine, Guinevere, Arthur, and Lancelot.
They are by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

Another good one is called Memoirs of a Geisha. If you ever wonder about how a girl in Japan ever becomes a Geisha and how they are percieved and WERE percieved in the early 1900s. It was writen by a Harvard Grad who became friends with a Geisha. This is a story of a little girl who is SOLD to a Geisha house and were her virginity was sold to the highest bidder. I am sure anyone! would enjoy it. It is by Arthur Golden.

Give me your feedbacks if anyone gets a chance to read any of these pieces of art!
And if any of you have any good books to read. Of course.... it might be hard to mention a book that has not yet crossed my eyes.

Good luck!
Organic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 01:34 AM   #2
Visitor

i read the Mists of avalon, and just recently found out that it was a series. The book was fantastic, probably my favorite!!
Great choice!!!!
Lesley
Old 07-14-2005, 01:15 PM   #3
phooka
Getting My Feet (Board) Wet

phooka is an unknown quantity at this point

i know this is an old thread but i'm replying anyway. i LOVED the mist of avalon. i think i cryed just because the book was over, i had lived that book for several weeks and i hated that it was over. i definitely like her version of the arthurian legend. i HATED the this recent king arthur movie, it was just so wrong.
phooka is offline   Reply With Quote