Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Books for Dads to read.... - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Tips, Tricks & Ideas ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Time For You > Book Club

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 12-28-2004, 12:52 AM   #1
Mark_J
On the Board

Mark_J is an unknown quantity at this point

Not to discount our single moms out there, but these books tend to appeal to males more than women.

Author:
Clive Cussler - Action/Fiction
Character
Dirk Pitt
Plots:
Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt series (soon to be a motion picure), is based loosely on Clive's life and hobbies of searching for underwater wrecks. Basically the books are quick reads..300-400 pages. Something happens in CH1, something completely different happens in CH2, and from CH3 onwards, the previous stories are brought together. Oh...did I mention that Dirk Pitt always saves the day ?...;-)

Author:
Jeffery Deaver - Thriller/Fiction/Crime Scene Investigation
Character
Lincoln Rhyme & Amelia Sachs
Plot:
Rhyme is a crippled CSI, Sachs is his protege. They "help" the police on difficult - impossible cases to solve. The author uses amzazing plot twists and turns that have you flipping back in the book to re-read sections. The "Bone Collector" was made into a motion picture starring Denzel Washington

Author:
Stuart Woods - Action/Fiction/Cop Drama
Character:
Stone Barrington
Plot:
Stone Barrington is an ex-cop who somehow finds himself in a world of trouble...over...and over again. Quick reads, but fun.

Author:
James Patterson - Action/Fiction/Thriller
Character:
Various books to choose from, curious writing style...chapters can be a single page in length, almost like a scene change in a movie. "Kiss The Girls" was made into a motion picture.

Of these, my favorite is Jeffery Deaver, "The Vanished Man", "The Coffin Dancer" are excellent.

hope ya like em'
Mark_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 12:52 AM   #2
Mark_J
On the Board

Not to discount our single moms out there, but these books tend to appeal to males more than women.

Author:
Clive Cussler - Action/Fiction
Character
Dirk Pitt
Plots:
Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt series (soon to be a motion picure), is based loosely on Clive's life and hobbies of searching for underwater wrecks. Basically the books are quick reads..300-400 pages. Something happens in CH1, something completely different happens in CH2, and from CH3 onwards, the previous stories are brought together. Oh...did I mention that Dirk Pitt always saves the day ?...;-)

Author:
Jeffery Deaver - Thriller/Fiction/Crime Scene Investigation
Character
Lincoln Rhyme & Amelia Sachs
Plot:
Rhyme is a crippled CSI, Sachs is his protege. They "help" the police on difficult - impossible cases to solve. The author uses amzazing plot twists and turns that have you flipping back in the book to re-read sections. The "Bone Collector" was made into a motion picture starring Denzel Washington

Author:
Stuart Woods - Action/Fiction/Cop Drama
Character:
Stone Barrington
Plot:
Stone Barrington is an ex-cop who somehow finds himself in a world of trouble...over...and over again. Quick reads, but fun.

Author:
James Patterson - Action/Fiction/Thriller
Character:
Various books to choose from, curious writing style...chapters can be a single page in length, almost like a scene change in a movie. "Kiss The Girls" was made into a motion picture.

Of these, my favorite is Jeffery Deaver, "The Vanished Man", "The Coffin Dancer" are excellent.

hope ya like em'
Old 12-30-2004, 06:43 PM   #3
mark uk
Board Blazen Parent

mark uk is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been collecting all the Clive Cussler,Tom Clancy and Dale Brown's for years.
Iam slowly scanning them in to my PC and using my interactive speech software as reading for any length of time is difficult and books on tape are too expensive.

What can I say Dirk Pitt what a guy,I envy him.A little of Indiana Jones,James Bond and Jacques Cousteau all rolled into one person.

Mark
Old 12-30-2004, 11:46 PM   #4
Mark_J
On the Board

I love to read books with recurring characters, its like visiting with an old friend. It brings a smile to my face just picking up a new book in the store.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:17 PM   #5
ScrapNMichelle
I am New

ScrapNMichelle is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I am not a guy, but I LOVE Stuart Woods and Jeffery Deaver! James Patterson is one of my favorite authors too.

I think I will check out the Cussler books now, too. Thanks!
ScrapNMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote