Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey My son is starting school - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parent Ville ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Single Parents Around the World > Germany

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-13-2005, 04:09 PM   #1
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

...and I am at a loss.
We live in France, which means German school is private and costs the equivalent of about 400US$ per month. I also need a part time nanny for him, since I work 40 hours a week. That's maybe another 400US$, at least. And then I just checked their website and learned the school fee for primary school is even higher, almost twice as much.
But I also like the idea of the german school because it's close to my work.
I know, it's all about money once again. But fact is, there is no way I can organise the budget for this, plus, it's a logistical nightmare, once again.

On the other hand he could go to french school, it's free...but he won't learn his mother tongue (german) properly, unless I find some german kids group and later a german class for him.

And right now I can't even find a lady who will take care of him after school (german school).
So it seems I'll have to put him in french school because it's free and then I start over with the process of looking for a nanny around that school.

It's just so despairing, trying to set everything up again for next year, so I can go to work without worrying.
Old 02-13-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
commander leftover Female
Board Beacon Parent

commander leftover is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you teach him german? sogar kann ein idiot wie ich Deutsches erlernen..

Jeez, I hope I said that right, and I hope I didn't call you names.. it's been a while..

My sister lived in Rammstein for 5 years and yelled at me in german when she babysat me.. I picked it up really quickly, german is very easy to learn if it's spoken in the home.

BTW Ich habe schlechtes Gefuehl in Richtung zu meiner Schwester....Bad joke.. Wenn ich sie anrufen kann Namen auf Deutch after zwanzig yahr, nicht zu schlecht.
commander leftover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #3
Dew
Setting New Standards

Dew is an unknown quantity at this point

warum hast Du 'ein schlechtes Gef�hl gegen�ber Deiner Schwester' ? Was meinst Du ?

Yes, we speak german at home, only german.

But I had this dream of him meeting more german kids, and getting into a german community here in France. This won't happen if he goes to french school.

And no, I can't actually teach him german, like german grammar etc. For once I don't have the time (or it would have to be on weekends) and then I don't know it myself, not properly (I went to french school as well LOL, I guess it runs in the family). I am also dreaming of reducing my work hours, but I just started to work here, so that won't happen for another while.
But maybe I am wrong and I CAN teach him.
Thanks for posting, there was no specific question in my post and I was wondering if I would get any comments at all.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:32 PM   #4
commander leftover Female
Board Beacon Parent

commander leftover is an unknown quantity at this point

If my sister can teach me by babysitting occasionally (yea, she was a good babysitter until I picked up on what she was saying!!) you can teach him. Everytime he says something, just say "Auf Deutch??"

Now it's funny when we get together. She tries to teach me new things, I don't learn like I used to.

Sorgen sie nicht sich um es. Es it kleine ohne shlagsahnne.. Ich essen leim.
commander leftover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 09:43 AM   #5
Schicksal
I am New

Schicksal is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. This is cool how u remember german after such a long time. My daughter is "Germarican" LOL
Teaching kids is so much easier than teaching adults though. They learn faster. My boyfriend is in the Air Force here in Germany and takes german class. I have to say that he is pretty good at it. Anyways.........later friends!
Schicksal is offline   Reply With Quote