Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Guard Enlistment and Social Security Cards...?? HELP - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Military Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 05-26-2005, 10:45 AM   #1
Blindsky75
At A loss for Words - NOT!

Blindsky75 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Ex has asked for a copy of Sierra's social security card for his enlistment in the National Guard. Does anyone know of any reasons (other than the fact you aren't supposed to copy federal docs) that I shouldn't give him a photocopy of her card???? My Uncle mentioned he thought giving him the number was one thing...but giving him a copy was a whole other story. As well, does anyone know why they would need this information? I've never heard of this before.
Blindsky75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:16 PM   #2
kmhdad
On the Board

kmhdad is an unknown quantity at this point

i enlisted in the nave a few years back and i remember doing the same thing. in the military your ssn is the prime way they identify you. and i can see that goes along with your your spouce or any kids you might have. i can see that they want to have the card because proe that is her number.
kmhdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:32 PM   #3
commander leftover Female
Board Beacon Parent

commander leftover is an unknown quantity at this point

He may need it to put her on his medical insurance, or military death benefits like life insurance.

You can call a local guard recruiter and ask them if supplying the number is sufficient. I'm sure they'ld have an answer.
commander leftover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #4
Blindsky75

I think that is his reason for getting it..he stated he needed all this stuff on her to make sure she was able to get benefits. I guess I was just worried that he would take the paper copy and set it down some where...I guess writing the number down would be just as dangerous. What the heck..I'll just give it to him and take a risk that he's up to no good. At least Uncle Sam will finally be involved and frown on him if he trys anything.

Thanks guys
Old 05-26-2005, 08:43 PM   #5
commander leftover Female
Board Beacon Parent

commander leftover is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, call your local recruiter, and ask if a paper copy is required, or if supplying the number is enough.

BTW, HOW LUCKY IS SIERRIA??!!! Military medical insurance?????? Boo-yaa. She's set. I hope you're smiling about that.. One less thing for you to worry about. ER, dental, the whole sha-bang.

Actually, you may want to call the recruiter and have a chat, come to think about it. Military pay is based on family size.
commander leftover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 09:48 PM   #6
Blindsky75

This is only Nat'l Guard..I don't think it will be the same as regular military. I should call someone though and before Tuesday.
Old 05-27-2005, 03:22 PM   #7
Blindsky75

Ok....so I just got off the phone with a recruiter. They need all the information on Sierra so that she can receive benefits any time that he goes on active duty. All other times she'll still have to be covered by my insurance. If he gets shipped overseas and gets injured in any way--she gets his veteran benefits. Am I crazy for thinking the dude could take a little shrapnel in the ____ for the sake of his kid? Sorry, I digress. I'll give him the numbers.

Oh, guess what--he gets paid more for having a dependent. Nice huh? He won't freaking let me walk in the child support office to get support refigured without playing a violin..but now I hear this. More pay for having a kid, imagine it. I wish they would pay me more for having kids, I think there is a rule that they pay me less because of it.

Anyhow, I'm thinking after he gets back from training...I should see how to get those numbers re-done in the CS office.