Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey STAYING CLOSE TO HOME - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Military Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 04-20-2004, 06:36 PM   #1
PIKNIK2000
I am New

PIKNIK2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

I AM DUE TO HAVE MY FIRST SON IN JUNE THIS YEAR, AND I AM ORDER TO GO BACK TO SEA IN OCTOBER. I KNOW THAT IT IS MY JOB AND ALL BUT THERE HAS TO BE SOME WAY THAT I CAN STAY CLOSER TO MY SON, BEING THAT HIS FATHER IS NOT GOING TO BE HERE, EVER.
PIKNIK2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 01:44 PM   #2
ArmyMom2B
On the Board

ArmyMom2B is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the Army and every branch does things a little different. I had my daughter on the 13th of March and I was on orders to Korea with the report date of May 12th. Being that I was pregnant when I got the orders my company filed papers and we got my orders deleted. You can try that or even a compassionate reassignment due to the fact that your a single parent.
ArmyMom2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 02:42 PM   #3
PIKNIK2000
I am New

PIKNIK2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE, I AM GOING TO TALK TO THE NCC HERE AT MY COMMAND AND SEE IF HE CAN TALK TO THE DETAILER FOR ME.
PIKNIK2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 03:20 AM   #4
Mary Allen
I am New

Mary Allen is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PIKNIK2000:
[qb]I AM DUE TO HAVE MY FIRST SON IN JUNE THIS YEAR, AND I AM ORDER TO GO BACK TO SEA IN OCTOBER. I KNOW THAT IT IS MY JOB AND ALL BUT THERE HAS TO BE SOME WAY THAT I CAN STAY CLOSER TO MY SON, BEING THAT HIS FATHER IS NOT GOING TO BE HERE, EVER.[/qb]
Dear PIKNIK2000
As a navy vet I have been where you are! Try swapping orders with someone, that might buy you some time until you get shore duty again. Let me know what hppens, keep in touch
Mary Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 06:22 AM   #5
Kendra333
I am New

Kendra333 is an unknown quantity at this point

For long term planning, consider cross service to the Air Force or employment with the government if you want to separate.

As a Legalman in the Navy, I'm lucky: my overseas tour counts as Sea time. This isn't a hard rule though and being in the Navy, I will eventually have to go to sea. (How am I supposed to be a Chief and lead my Sailors if I've never been to sea? It's a disservice to the Navy.) On the other hand, I will not, WILL NOT leave my child, ever.

So, some options are cross service or separation. Please remember that Government Service is an outstanding way to go if you want to separate: your AD times counts toward retirement.

Best of luck!
Kendra333 is offline   Reply With Quote