Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey Getting it started - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Military Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-23-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
Snglpop
I am New

Snglpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there, just wanted to post something in here to kick this one off. I am a single father of one and have been in the Navy for 13 years. I know there are lots of single parents in the military, let's hear from you.

Hello there, just wanted to post something in here to kick this one off. I am a single father of one and have been in the Navy for 13 years. I know there are lots of single parents in the military, let's hear from you.
Snglpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #2
Snglpop
I am New

Looked back and reailized I wasn't kicking this one off, more like trying to jumpstart an old car.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:16 PM   #3
Visitor

Looked back and reailized I wasn't kicking this one off, more like trying to jumpstart an old car.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:52 PM   #4
CA
Setting New Standards

CA is an unknown quantity at this point

: CLEAR :

ZAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Did that work?

Not in the military here but, my ex was when we married. How ever do you do it and be a single parent to a two year old? It is hard enough being a civilian, while being a single parent.
CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
Visitor

: CLEAR :

ZAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

Did that work?

Not in the military here but, my ex was when we married. How ever do you do it and be a single parent to a two year old? It is hard enough being a civilian, while being a single parent.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
Visitor

Just wanted to say hello. No, I am not in the military either but have been told I run my township like it.
Most of my family is or has been military, navy or airforce. Thanks for being there we appreciate it.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:33 PM   #7
tomany2count
Visitor

Just wanted to say hello. No, I am not in the military either but have been told I run my township like it.
Most of my family is or has been military, navy or airforce. Thanks for being there we appreciate it.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:28 PM   #8
Snglpop
I am New

It is a challenge but I had over 10 years in before I became a single parent. I just try and make as much time for my son as possible and don't let the military run my life, my son does that already.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:28 PM   #9
Visitor

It is a challenge but I had over 10 years in before I became a single parent. I just try and make as much time for my son as possible and don't let the military run my life, my son does that already.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #10
tomany2count
Visitor

Totally amazing how a little one can change your entire outlook on life and your heart. They melt me on a regular basis.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #11
Visitor

Totally amazing how a little one can change your entire outlook on life and your heart. They melt me on a regular basis.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:47 AM   #12
nathans mommy
I am New

nathans mommy is an unknown quantity at this point

My soon to be ex husband is in the army. I was an army wife for 3 years. Other than being a parent it's the toughest job.
nathans mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #13
ldrship
I am New

ldrship is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a soon to be single Army dad. idk how its going to be but Im sure it wont be easy.
ldrship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #14
AFMomof2
I am New

AFMomof2 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been a single mom in the AF for about 5 years. It's easier if you have a good support system. I had that for about 3 years until I had to PCS -- having to start over & make friends you trust with your children is tough.
AFMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:55 PM   #15
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support
Default Re: Getting it started

anyone care to update? nathans mommy, ldrship, AFMomof2, Snglpop, tomany2count and again sorry for losing some members in the webware upgrade, back then.

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

<--- found this and thought of this thread/post
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote