Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey who keeps the child while on sea duty over seas? - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Military Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 08-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
navygal03
I am New

navygal03 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted to know if anyone has had a situation, or know of a situation like mine. I am a sigle parent as you know, and i have orders to a ship in Japan. I'm currently the CP; her father is also active duty Navy as well. Would he be the one to keep our child, or would they refere to the family care plan? Or would the courts decide- ammending the custody order temporarily? I know i need to consult Navy legal; but i need as much info until then
navygal03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Denella Warner
I am New

Denella Warner is an unknown quantity at this point

NavyGal03, I'm in the army and the same thing happened to me. With my situation, the father wants nothing to do with him and even so, they'll defer to your family care plan unless he wants to care for your baby girl. You guys should be able to do a small legal document stating the arrangement. Get it notarized so that if he has a problem with it later, you can whip it out and say, "see..." This is my 2 cents. good luck on the ship.
Denella Warner is offline   Reply With Quote