Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey family care plans! - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Military Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 02-15-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
emma.lou Female
I am New

emma.lou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default family care plans!

i am so happy i found this website. it was so random! please single army mommies hit me up PLEASE! god i wanna know how life in the army is treating you? how is your companies with family care plans? do they use it just for field or deployment or do they use it when your children are sick too?

mine makes me send my daughter to a sitter when she is sick or bring her into my shop (im a mechanic) and for the field and deploy (which i havent experienced yet). thats not right but i dont know who to bring it up to?
emma.lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #2
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend
Default Re: family care plans!

Welcome, Emma.lou! I don't personally have any experience with the military, but we do have some here who do...though off hand I can't think of one in your exact shoes, but we get new people ALL the time.
I would also like to thank you for your service to our country. Bless you!
Even if we may not have alot of military experience, you couldn't ask for a better group of people to share this wild ride of single parenting with!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

I wanted to welcome you as well.

I don't think we have any active duty members right now. Some have come on and off here, but are irregular at best. Perhaps looking through past posts would be helpful for you in this thread.

I too want to thank you for your service to this country. God Bless you.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:57 AM   #4
comingup4air Female
Putting my child first...

comingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Supportcomingup4air Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Hello and welcome!! Glad you found us. Like the others said, our military people come and go here, but maybe one will be on to help you at some point. We are GREAT for single parent issues, though!!
comingup4air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #5
mykidisfirst Female
Social Director

mykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant futuremykidisfirst has a brilliant future

denella warner is a single military mom. I want to say navy though.
mykidisfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
Mommyofone Female
Lively & Zealous Parent

Mommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant futureMommyofone has a brilliant future

Welcome to the family don't leave us non military single parents out
Mommyofone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

I have a friend who is in the air force and a single dad of 2 girls. He is a staff Sgt and when his girls are sick, he is able to stay home with him.

I don't really know much more than that, sorry. I wish I could help you with your dilemma - I imagine it probably just has to do with who your superiors are.

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service to our country.
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:48 AM   #8
cpark006 Male
I am New

cpark006 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey emma.lou. I am a single father (SGT) at Fort Lewis. Before the commander can approve your family care plan all of those scenarios have to have an appropiate solution. If he approved that your child has to be brought into work when she is sick then there is a serious lack of command involvement. If that is the case then I would go see the Inspector General or JAG.

For an event like the field or deployment, a designated person needs to be able to watch her. If you need travel time to get her to such a person, that also needs to be outlined in the Family Care Plan. I know someone who had it in her plan to fly to the states and back in order to have her child cared for.

Make sure that your Family Care Plan has a solution for everything, and that you can honor what is in it. This is a binding contract between you and your chain of command so that you do not get in trouble, and everyone is taken care of. If you have trouble doing this or you have any other family issues, Army Community Service, Child Youth Services, and the Chaplain are great resourses. Hope this helps.
cpark006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:16 AM   #9
Bluemoon Female
just an old hippie chick

Bluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support LegendBluemoon Is a SFV Support Legend

Yayyy!!! Welcome, Cpark!
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:23 AM   #10
Dad1st4boys Male
Failure is not an Option.

Dad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportDad1st4boys Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

Cpark, welcome to our Vent Hole. and thank you for your service. Are you a ring knocker? I'm a former Chief Gunner's Mate, Navy.
Dad1st4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
LSL Female
The blunt one;)

LSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support LegendLSL Is a SFV Support Legend

Welcome cpark! Thanks for answering! Often our military posts don't go answered and I am always said about that! Great first post.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #12
alexmichele07 Female
Sparkles & Glitter

alexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Supportalexmichele07 Is Rocken These Boards With Support

Welcome cpark! Thanks for jumping in! Hope you stick around, we could really use someone with your knowledge and experiences around here!!

Thank you for your service to our country.
alexmichele07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:58 PM   #13
MotherBoard Female
Making The Magic Happen
Mother Of The Board

MotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of SupportMotherBoard Has a SFV Diamond Heart of Support

welcome cpark wonderful first post, glad your here.
https://www.facebook.com/soloParent
MotherBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:39 AM   #14
wingsspread Female
I am New

wingsspread is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, AF single mom here. We have a family care plan too. I always get told to bring my kids in to work if they're sick. Since we're single parents, we get singled out (no pun intended) as the people who "try" to get out of work because of our kids.

I just recently dealt with some nasty gossip about my kids' "always" being sick.

Anyway, CPark gave excellent advice. Nice to see some military single parents here too.
wingsspread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:29 AM   #15
emma.lou Female
I am New

emma.lou is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsspread View Post
Hi there, AF single mom here. We have a family care plan too. I always get told to bring my kids in to work if they're sick. Since we're single parents, we get singled out (no pun intended) as the people who "try" to get out of work because of our kids.

I just recently dealt with some nasty gossip about my kids' "always" being sick.

Anyway, CPark gave excellent advice. Nice to see some military single parents here too.
i had the same problem. my daughter always had a diaper rash the would open up and the daycare would send her home everyday she was there. so my leadership just thought that i was living dirty so i had a weekly house check. it was retarded. it really pissed me off to cuz funny thing was that when i took her out of daycare she stopped getting such bad diaper rashes. hum funny how that works out.
emma.lou is offline   Reply With Quote