Wild Dancing Thanksgivng Turkey scared - Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices
All forums, topics and discussions are geared to single parents and the issues faced with single parenting.
Support a single parent today and one will support you back!

Go Back   Single Parents Forum: Single Family Voices >
(``'·.¸(``'·.¸ Single Parenting - Issues ¸.·'´´)¸.·'´´)
> Military Single Parents

~ Donate Today ~ PLEASE

Old 11-05-2003, 10:26 PM   #1
skt2rc_zt
Learning to Surf The Board

skt2rc_zt is an unknown quantity at this point

I am going to a ship for the first time since I have been in which is about 3 years. I am so scared, my command now is so good with child issues. How do you that have been deployed deal with it? Will I be discharged if I can't find someone to take my child. How much trouble will I get in if I don't have daycare or I have to leave right away. I am so nervous about this. My family lives so far away. What if my ship has to leave right away? I get my other son for the summer, do I have to let my command know? If anyone has any advice please let me know

sandy
skt2rc_zt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 06:27 PM   #2
Visitor

hello, I'm Air Force so I don't really know for a fact what you need to do but I work with navy people. In the Air Force when we deploy you have to have a family care folder wich consists of power of autorneys for your money, medical care, child care, gardianship so someone can enroll your child in school ect..
Since you know you are getting deployed you need to arrange for someone to get your child. You might wanna talk to your chief or someone like that to let them know your situation and see if they have any advice. If you can't find someone to take your child you will most likely get in trouble but I don't think you'll get discharged. hope this info is helpfull. if you have any questions feel free to ask and if I don't know I will ask my navy co-workers.
ttyl
Old 11-12-2003, 06:31 PM   #3
Visitor

I talked to my navy co-workers they said you should talk to your detalier to see if you can get a shore duty assignment that is considered sea duty. That way you don't have to deploy.
Old 11-12-2003, 07:21 PM   #4
skt2rc_zt
Learning to Surf The Board

skt2rc_zt is an unknown quantity at this point

I could try that. But my detailer is not very nice. I talk to my Senior Chief and NC1. They recommended me to cross rate, so that I could get another A school, and thus not being on the ship. Thank you for your advice.
skt2rc_zt is offline   Reply With Quote